ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 140
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
FAX 03:44 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
5 Yrs, 105M with a potential opt-out at year 3.

Reports have been that this has no impact on Chris Jones and the Chiefs and his agents are still working a contract that will pay him $20M annually.

And Mahomes? :-) NOTHING is getting in the way of a Mahomes contract. They'll cut this whole ****ing roster before they let him walk, so he's not even a part of the "What-if" equation.

Reek's off field drama is reason enough to let him play it out, then tag him next O/S and work on his contract then. At that point, they can give him Watkins' money.
Okay ... I choose not to dispute those points because I don't want to. And they're actually pretty damn good points.

Except ... do you know those are the terms? If not, I'm still not prepared to calculate the VPP.

FAX
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:45 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
KC gives up: 640 for their first, and the 2020 swap is the equivalent of gaining about 60 points due to the devaluation of it being next year. Them swapping thirds this year is another 38 points.

So, the Chiefs net draft value is -540, which means the Chiefs traded:

Dee Ford
#36 pick in the draft

For

Frank Clark + his extension.

And this is at a team when NFL teams are valuing DBs more than edge rushers precisely because the edge rushers are only on the field 60-65% of the time. Had they made this trade for Jalen Ramsey, it makes a hell of a lot more sense. In the modern league, smart teams are running out a shitload of decent-but-not-great pass rushers and letting other teams pay out the ass for them. Look at what the Patriots do with their rushers and look who they pay.
Have some GODDAMN FAITH!!!!
[Reply]
notorious 03:45 PM 04-23-2019
Why do I have the feeling that Seattle just pumped a mountain of jizz up Veach’s ass?
[Reply]
New World Order 03:46 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Eh. They need a corner that has speed plus and can cover without help. They don't have that right now.

They're going to be fielding 2 linebackers tops a lot of the time and one of the slots is already penciled in. I don't get the mega concern.
NE will go 2 TE sets and run the football. They did it a lot in both games last year.

We need a linebacker who can thump Michel and White in the A-gap. Hitchens and Ragland were awful last year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:47 PM 04-23-2019

Just spoke to one general manager who had this to say about the #Chiefs move...

"Comparing Dee Ford to Frank Clark is like comparing Joe Flacco to Patrick Mahomes."

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 03:47 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
yeah, definitely. and i think first and second round picks would probably help in such endeavors huh.
Absolutely.

They have 4 in the next 2 drafts thankfully.
[Reply]
notorious 03:47 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He just spoke to Veach?
[Reply]
O.city 03:47 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
yeah. could have had 6 combining both years, but 4 is still nice for sure.
They need to take a developmental tackle here in this draft at some point.
[Reply]
jonzie04 03:48 PM 04-23-2019
So... We essentially traded Dee Ford, AND a first round pick for a LESSER player. Veach is a ****ing moron.
[Reply]
In58men 03:48 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
So... We essentially traded Dee Ford, AND a first round pick for a LESSER player. Veach is a ****ing moron.
NO

WE

FUCKING

DID

NOT!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:49 PM 04-23-2019
Do you even lift?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:49 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
NE will go 2 TE sets and run the football. They did it a lot in both games last year.

We need a linebacker who can thump Michel and White in the A-gap. Hitchens and Ragland were awful last year.
That's sort of the point of changing to 4 down lineman and reshuffling the deck to prioritize plugging the run. Sorta why comp'ing Dee Ford to Frank Clark is laughable.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:49 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Although this was posted 2hrs ago, it is still wonderful to read and I still enjoy reading this post from the guy who started the individual Frank Clark thread this morning.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:49 PM 04-23-2019
This ain't it, fam.
[Reply]
bigjosh 03:50 PM 04-23-2019
what fucking planet do you live on? :-)

if in your estimation Clark < Ford, then i dont value your opinion at all.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 140
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Up