ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 94
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 11:09 AM 03-13-2019

Three top contending teams need pass rush help through a trade or a FA. Chiefs, Ravens and Colts. Will be interesting to see how they address this. Could impact the end of the season.

— Joe Banner (@JoeBanner13) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:11 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
So you, like many others, basically just don't want to pay for talent.

Want an OBJ? You gotta pay for it.

Want a Tyreek Hill? You can bet your ass you'll pay for it.

I don't understand this salary cap fear that everyone has.

Good players cost money. You don't want good players? Fine.

Look at the Chiefs current defensive depth chart. That's what happens when you cut players that are worth money.

You get left with a barren cabinet.

Are you going to hold it against Veach when has to pay Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill record setting contracts?

Because it's gonna happen.

What if one gets hurt? Will it then all of a sudden be a bad contract?
Well duh.

I'll give him credit - he found Ward so he didn't do anything stupid to keep Nelson in town. That's worth mentioning. Had he thrown a big deal at Nelson, that's the kind of deal that you can rightly criticize him for when it goes south.

And I wasn't a fan of Berry's deal because I simply didn't see the positional value or the need to re-set the scale on a box safety.

But man I just cannot see any argument against the Houston contract. That deal was completely reasonable for a player who was just entering his prime that left as an out at the back end. There's little to complain about there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Here's hoping that we don't have Reid pulling a Gruden at some point and complaining about how it's hard to get your hands on a pass rusher...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:12 AM 03-13-2019

2019 Draft that's how
[Reply]
FAX 11:14 AM 03-13-2019
You said, "He suddenly comes out and plays like he could".

You were implying that he only played hard for a contract year.

I answered that assertion appropriately. Now you're moving the goal posts to his health, which is not something i've ever argued with anyone about. His health IS the concern.

But you weren't speaking on his health. You were speaking on his desire and alleged improved effort, which is bullshit. He was the same guy he's been for the past 3 seasons.
"Implying"? "Moving goal posts?"

As though Dee Ford's health vs. performance issues haven't been well known by everyone since day one? (That's the metaphorical "day one", by the way.)

It needs to be explicitly stated in every reference to the player that Ford has had trouble staying on the field, but when he does, he plays better and his stats improve?

Implying? Seriously? Any poster can read anything into any group of words, Mr. Detoxing. What do you infer when I say, "You're posting like a dumbass."?

FAX
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
2019 Draft that's how
When you're picking at 29, kinda hard to go in with that idea
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
As though Dee Ford's health vs. performance issues haven't been well known by everyone since day one? (That's the metaphorical "day one", by the way.)
It's funny.

The accusation was that Dorsey was the bee's knees here until he got fired, and now he sucks.

Well, Dee Ford was one of the least popular draft picks here in recent memory, less popular than Eric freaking Fisher, and by year 3, everybody wanted him gone.

He turns in one good season and now he's irreplaceable. Talk about double standards.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:18 AM 03-13-2019
When you're picking at 29, kinda hard to go in with that idea
How many times do you have to state that Veach's history dictates that he'lll trade up and get his mancrush
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:18 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Then, he suddenly comes out and plays like he "could" have and "should" have during his contract year. You don't have to be a cynic to think objectively about that remarkable change in performance.

FAX
It's what you wrote, man. I responded exactly to what you said. The sentence is pretty clear. You're asserting that he only played as he did because of a contract year.

And i'm stating, no, he's no different than what he's always been.
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
How many times do you have to state that Veach's history dictates that he'lll trade up and get his mancrush
I dunno, you state dumb shit all the time. I don't usually pay attention.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:20 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's funny.

The accusation was that Dorsey was the bee's knees here until he got fired, and now he sucks.

Well, Dee Ford was one of the least popular draft picks here in recent memory, less popular than Eric freaking Fisher, and by year 3, everybody wanted him gone.

He turns in one good season and now he's irreplaceable. Talk about double standards.
No double standard. I never agreed with any of that Dee Ford Hate. Neither did DJ.

You've completely made that up.

I've been in Dee's corner since he started showing up during his 10 sack season.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:20 AM 03-13-2019
I dunno, you state dumb shit all the time. I don't usually pay attention.
LOL, personal attacks sweet
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 03-13-2019
And i'm stating, no, he's no different than what he's always been.
And therein lies the problem. He hasn't "always been" anything.

He's been great in spurts, he's been hurt for long stretches. I don't know how you can say he's great when he can't do it consistently. Longevity and dependability count in sports.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:22 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And therein lies the problem. He hasn't "always been" anything.

He's been great in spurts, he's been hurt for long stretches. I don't know how you can say he's great when he can't do it consistently. Longevity and dependability count in sports.
My argument has always been for him to prove his consistency. Again, you can find me saying that same exact shit LAST season.

He has ALWAYS shown ability. When he was on the field, the talent was clear.

The issue has been health, and ive never argued against that.

Which is why my position has always been to take a 1 year flyer on him to see if can consistently stay healthy or not.
[Reply]
FAX 11:23 AM 03-13-2019
And just like with any large contract, a team will shed it if it doesn't work out.

Yet certain posters around here act like Dorsey was incapable of shedding a bloated contract and "Thank God Veach is here to do it!"

The same guy that cut Maclin and Bowe is incapable of cutting Houston and Berry?

Guys like Hali and DJ at the time, were ALWAYS going to come off the books and people were acting like Dorsey had put the team in cap hell.

It's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Veach has signed injury history-guys in Watkins and Mathieu to big time $$$ and .....crickets....

And Watkins injury history, just one season in, has already reared its ugly head.

It's a double standard. An un-realistic one at that.
Honestly, I hope these posts are for general purpose reading and not directed to (or at) me.

I currently have Veach at negative 844 Veachy Power Points. Minus 844!! He only received 1.5 VPPs after the Mathieu deal. At this rate, it will take him 50 years to break even! I can't wait that long for a SB victory.

What makes you think that because I think Dorsey is a near-illiterate, math-challenged moron who has risen to the historical limits of the Peter Principle, that I harbor some fantastical love for Veach?

It's like the Twilight Zone in here.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 65 of 94
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Up