ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 78
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Claim Suggs
CaliforniaChief 03:07 PM 12-16-2019
Chiefs get Suggs, per Rapoport.

Former #AZCardinals pass-rusher Terrell Suggs was claimed by the #Chiefs, source said.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 16, 2019

Easy 6 05:54 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Idiot Planet.

Fuck some of you are gullible.
Oh shut your fucking face, you’ve no doubt been had by some BS around here before... emotions are running high and we’re all riding the razors edge
Chief Northman 05:56 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Oh shut your ****ing face, you’ve no doubt been had by some BS around here before... emotions are running high and we’re all riding the razors edge
Boohoo. Quit being dramatic.
Easy 6 06:02 PM 12-19-2019
Boohoo. Quit being dramatic.
No you
Chief Northman 06:05 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
No you
Take your gripe up with King.

He’s the one who made up that narrative about Suggs’ loyalty to Baltimore yesterday, even alluding to some false quotes. He continues to troll, and this place continues to feed him...
Kman34 06:16 PM 12-19-2019
SFC...
BigRedChief 07:08 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
You guys want to buy some swampland in FLA???
too late. 9.5 years late pal. Thanks for nothing. :-)
-King- 07:10 PM 12-19-2019
Take your gripe up with King.

He’s the one who made up that narrative about Suggs’ loyalty to Baltimore yesterday, even alluding to some false quotes. He continues to troll, and this place continues to feed him...
Wait, you think someone would just get on the internet and lie like that?
Chief Northman 09:00 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wait, you think someone would just get on the internet and lie like that?
:-)
Naptown Chief 01:54 PM 12-20-2019
Sorry if Q. Spags talks about Suggs.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...al-pass-rusher

Spagnuolo says Terrell Suggs will be more than a situational pass rusher.

Speaking to the media for the first time since his new defensive lineman arrived in town, the Chiefs’ defensive coordinator talked about Suggs quite a bit.

By John Dixon on December 19, 2019 5:04 pm
----------------------

It’s not every day that questions about a player acquired through the waiver wire take up more than half of a weekly press session with Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

But then again, when it happens in Week 16 of a season where the Chiefs are suddenly playing like a genuine Super Bowl contender — and the player involved has long record as a defensive playmaker — maybe it isn’t so surprising.

Spagnuolo said he had watched a little bit of video of the last game his new defensive end Terrell Suggs had played with the Arizona Cardinals.

”In the plays that I saw, I didn’t see a big drop-off, in my opinion,” he told reporters. “The guy is strong, physical, he sets the edge of the defense — all that’s still there.”
Spagnuolo — who knows Suggs from the two years he spent as a defensive coach for the Baltimore Ravens in 2013 and 2014 — didn’t need to see a lot.

“Look, I know him,” he explained. “I know what he’s all about. I just think he’s been a great addition.”

Spagnuolo said that Suggs stood out to him during his first season with the Ravens.

“The first year I was there, I just kind of floated,” he recalled. “I was basically just close to John Harbaugh; we bounced things off of each other. So I got to sit in a lot of different meetings. I found myself gravitating to the outside linebacker meeting room where Terrell Suggs was, because I found those meetings — Ted Monachino was the coach at the time — to be very engaging. To be perfectly honest, [they were] very informative to me.”

And in those meetings, Suggs stood out.

“Part of it was because of his interaction.” Spagnuolo said of Suggs. “Talking football and how much he wanted to know about what we would do and what the other team was doing — not just what he was doing. He wanted to know it all. He was a sponge. He absorbed it.”

And on Suggs’ first day of work at his new job on Wednesday, his department manager saw the same characteristics.

“He got in here late the other night,” said Spagnuolo. “Then he came in here yesterday. I don’t know how much sleep he had — not very much. The most impressive thing — I think all our players got the eyeballs on it, too — he [came] in the meeting, he had a spiral notebook and he was taking notes. That’s Terrell Suggs. He’s a pro. He wants to do well. He knows that knowing the defense is part of it.”

Although Spagnuolo said he didn’t think it would take long to get his new player acclimatized to his scheme, he expects Suggs will have fewer snaps until he is.

”It’ll be a little less — at least initially,” he said. “And then we’ll just see. I’m always careful now. In all the years in this business — all of a sudden, you’ve got an injury here and an injury there and everything changes. We’ll see how it progresses. Hopefully, we can build it up enough we can get him in for as many plays as we need him.”

And Spagnuolo said that will be the goal: to use Suggs as more than just a situational pass rusher.

“I think we’ll use him wherever we can,” he said. “Initially here, it’s going to be grasping hold of the terminology more than anything — I mean, we’re not that far off from the things he’s been doing — but it’s not going to be, ‘Hey, you’re only going in on third down.’ Where he can help us, he’ll help us.”

But however much he plays, the Chiefs are also counting on Suggs to let his postseason experience — including a Super Bowl championship — rub off on their young roster.

“My guess is that our players will lean on him [for his] experience on how to handle it — which is tremendous,” said Spagnuolo. “It’s one thing coming from coaches — to say, ‘Hey, here’s what you’ve got to do. When you get to this part of the season, how much faster the game gets,’ et cetera. It’s a whole different story when a player conveys that to you. And I think he’ll be able to do that. He played in a lot of playoff games.”

The Chiefs are hoping to add three or four more to his total in the next month or so.
KChiefs1 02:20 PM 12-20-2019
https://youtu.be/lDCPnbKpS28
KChiefs1 11:45 PM 12-20-2019
Nate Taylor
Originally Posted by :
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — In his 17th season, Terrell Suggs made plenty of veteran moves Wednesday even before he stepped on the field for his first practice with the Chiefs.

Suggs, signed by Kansas City earlier this week, wanted to listen to his new coaches and teammates rather than talk often. He chose to not have a formal news conference. He let coach Andy Reid, quarterback Patrick Mahomes and the rest of his teammates answer questions from reporters before he entered the locker room. Even in his short chat with a throng of reporters, Suggs said he enjoyed watching players such as defensive tackle Chris Jones and wide receiver Mecole Hardman play basketball.

Suggs never thought he would join the Chiefs when the Arizona Cardinals did him a favor in the twilight of his career by releasing him Friday. His initial desire was to rejoin the Baltimore Ravens, with whom he won a Super Bowl and starred for 16 seasons, and who are leading the AFC with a 12-2 record. The Chiefs, however, were awarded Suggs on a waiver claim.

Before Reid called him Monday, Suggs recognized the benefits of his new circumstances.

“Well, it’s hard to turn down the reigning MVP, a playoff team and just the exciting things that they’re doing in this atmosphere,” Suggs said of Mahomes and the Chiefs. “It was kind of hard to turn down. I was really uncertain about my future last week. I talked to Coach (Reid), and it was a brief conversation. I was like, ‘OK, let’s see.’”

Suggs, known for his No. 55 jersey with the Ravens, didn’t bother defensive end Frank Clark about wearing that number in red and gold. He picked No. 94, an inconspicuous number in Chiefs history.

“When he first got in the building, I was like, ‘Oh snap!’” defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi said. “I went ahead and introduced myself and welcomed him to the team.”

Suggs spent most of Wednesday studying the Chiefs’ defensive playbook and learning his new role, defensive end, from coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and defensive line assistant Brendan Daly. As an outside linebacker with the Cardinals, Suggs played 64 percent of the team’s defensive snaps in 13 games this season. He recorded 35 tackles, 5.5 sacks and four forced fumbles.

“Off of the tape, he still can play and he loves to play the game,” Reid said. “Arguably a future Hall of Famer, so we’re glad to have him here. I coached him before at the Pro Bowl and coached against him.

“He’s a meticulous studier. He’s very passionate about making sure he knows everything. He was digging in this morning and getting everything down.”

With just three practices to get a grasp of Spagnuolo’s system before the Chiefs face the Bears on Sunday, Suggs acknowledged he planned to play with his new teammates before the postseason begins in January.

“I think I can come in and contribute,” Suggs said. “This is the team that was a penalty away from the Super Bowl last year. You’re not really missing much, but hopefully I can add that extra addition that we can potentially do something special.”

When the week began, the Chiefs were in need of a veteran pass rusher. Alex Okafor, a seven-year veteran, tore his right pectoral muscle in the win Sunday over the Denver Broncos. The injury occurred when Okafor sacked quarterback Drew Lock and fell hard and awkwardly on his right shoulder. In 10 games, Okafor produced 22 tackles, five sacks and one forced fumble.

Okafor is the second defensive end to finish the season on injured reserve as Emmanuel Ogbah sustained the same injury in early November in a loss to the Tennessee Titans.

The New Orleans Saints, San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks made claims for Suggs on waivers, but he was awarded to the Chiefs since they had the worst record among the three teams at 10-4. General manager Brett Veach discussed the opportunity for the Chiefs to acquire Suggs — and his $352,941 salary-cap number, according to Over the Cap — with Spagnuolo since the two worked together in Baltimore for two seasons.

“He’s fearless that way, and he’s trying to do what’s best for the team,” Reid said of Veach. “He made sure he checked with Steve, and Steve goes, ‘The guy loves football, and he’s a great teammate.’ That’s all Brett needed to hear.”

Mahomes was thrilled when he learned the Chiefs acquired Suggs. Mahomes also reflected upon the time he played against Suggs last season, when the Chiefs rallied in overtime to defeat the Ravens. Suggs hit Mahomes often, sharing a sack in the second half. Suggs also hit Mahomes on another play, preventing him from potentially throwing a 62-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Demarcus Robinson.

But the biggest play Mahomes remembers from that game occurred in the second quarter. Before the ball was snapped, Mahomes recognized, based on watching film, the Ravens were going to blitz from the right side. Mahomes audibled to a different play, one designed for a quick bubble screen to wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

Suggs made an adjustment, too, taking two steps to the perimeter to increase the width of what appeared to be his pass-rushing lane. When the play began, Suggs never rushed Mahomes, instead moving into Mahomes’ passing lane. Suggs almost had an came away with teh interception.

“I understand how tough of a matchup he is to play against,” Mahomes said. “Last year, you could tell by his film study of him knowing when I’m making checks (at the line of scrimmage).”

“I like to think that with my mentors, I’ve had the highest education,” said Suggs, who learned from Hall of Famers such as Ray Lewis and Ed Reed during his time with the Ravens. “One thing I’ve always noticed is they were always writing stuff down and taking notes. When you can get the game to slow down for you, you can play a lot faster. You always want to give yourself an edge.”

The learning Suggs did Monday night was about the Chiefs. In speaking with Reid, Veach and Spagnuolo, Suggs heard about the Chiefs’ desire for him to a vital part in their pursuit of the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Suggs said the conversations made him feel wanted after the Cardinals (4-9-1) released him. Reid stressed to Suggs the Chiefs already had a locker room full of talented leaders that would make him feel comfortable. Suggs heard Reid’s words and responded with a sharp statement.

“A player like me,” Suggs said, “just don’t fit in anywhere.”

“Trust me,” Reid replied. “You’ll fit in here.”

Injury update:
The lone player who didn’t participate in practice Wednesday was left guard Andrew Wylie, who has an illness and left ankle/right shoulder injuries. Running back Damien Williams (sore left ribs) and backup cornerbacks Morris Claiborne (shoulder) and Rashad Fenton (hamstring) were limited participants.

Buehler445 11:55 PM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Fuck you, dude. Sweet Daddy Hate himself believes that an ancient Native American curse compelled Dee Ford to line up in the neutral zone, and when has that North Star of logic ever led us astray?
:-) I can't quit laughing at this noise.
arrowheadnation 10:22 PM 12-22-2019
On only 2 days of practice, he still made his presence felt in this game (albeit just a smidge). What a literal early Christmas gift the Cardinals gave us when we absolutely needed it.
CasselGotPeedOn 10:25 PM 12-22-2019

pugsnotdrugs19 10:25 PM 12-22-2019
Didn’t play a lot as expected, but I noticed him when he did a few times.

This will be a huge add for the playoffs. He’s going to buttfuck Brady.
Page 65 of 78
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Up