ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 232
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:50 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Well no other team in history had the #2 and #3 players in the NBA plus two other future HOFers.
Lakers in the 80s (Magic and Kareem plus Worthy)
Lakers in 2004 (Shaq and Kobe plus Malone and Payton)

Only teams I can think of talent wise.
[Reply]
-King- 09:51 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Nailed it.

One of the worst chokes ever led to one of the worst moves ever which created the worst competitive climate ever.

I’m just ready for their run to be over. I’m a fan of the league with no team in my town. It’s hard to watch from a neutral perspective.

I don’t remember actually disliking any of the other dynasties. Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, Heat...I always enjoyed watching them. Never found myself cheering against any of them specifically.
It's funny how adding just one player makes the warriors so unlikeable. All their great players other than 1 are home grown. So I don't mind the run they're on or their greatness.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:21 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Lakers in the 80s (Magic and Kareem plus Worthy)
Lakers in 2004 (Shaq and Kobe plus Malone and Payton)

Only teams I can think of talent wise.
Payton and Malone (especially Malone) were pretty bad by then. There's a reason that team lost to Detroit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:22 PM 05-09-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's funny how adding just one player makes the warriors so unlikeable. All their great players other than 1 are home grown. So I don't mind the run they're on or their greatness.
Posted via Mobile Device
Probably because they're the only thing preventing LeBron from winning more titles than Kobe.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:43 PM 05-09-2018
Lebron's GM getting lucky with the #1 overall pick the year Lebron entered the league and then following that up with some spectacularly awful years of drafting means Lebron's championships are less worthy? A failure to surround a generational player with guys better than Wally fucking Szcerbiak and Boobie Gibson means said generational player's championship teams he manufactures aren't legitimate because his GM didn't home grow the team?
[Reply]
-King- 11:11 PM 05-09-2018
Probably because they're the only thing preventing LeBron from winning more titles than Kobe.
Oh. Guess you're right despite the fact that even without GSW, LeBron has a losing finals record. So how do you know he'd reach 5 rings without them?

And another mention of Kobe...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
New World Order 11:22 PM 05-09-2018
Don’t forget the ‘11 Mavs when bench player Jason Terry averaged more than Lebron that series.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:03 AM 05-10-2018
How do you not throw that pass to the massive 7 footer on the court?

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy LeBron bringing this Boston fanbase down to earth yet again.

errr...you know there isn't a Celtics fan that thinks we're winning the championship? Just enjoying a ridiculous ride when you consider we've gotten to the ECF while missing our TOP TWO players and riding on the backs of young, unproven players and backups.

Bill Simmons captured it perfectly.

Originally Posted by :
Celts were down 22 in Game 2

Down 5 late in OT in Game 3.

Down 4 with 90 secs left in Game 5.

I’m still kind of in shock. Hard to remember a more lovable Celtics team. Jayson Tatum needs a fake ID to get into bars and he’s a go-to Guy on a Conference Finalist. What???

[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:06 AM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
errr...you know there isn't a Celtics fan that thinks we're winning the championship?
Oh, I know. But there are plenty who think they're beating LeBron.

It's not happening.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:17 AM 05-10-2018
Oh, I know. But there are plenty who think they're beating LeBron.

It's not happening.

Probably not. It's not a zero chance, however, just given how mediocre LeBron's supporting cast is. Frankly, I could see beating this flawed Cavs team, but could also see being swept by them.

Who cares? C's are playing with house money at this point. Nobody in Boston would've bet on them making it this far without Hayward for the entire season, and Kyrie for the last, whatever, 2 months.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:50 AM 05-10-2018
i guess we're just going to forget about some of those rocket teams?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:28 AM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Probably not. It's not a zero chance, however, just given how mediocre LeBron's supporting cast is. Frankly, I could see beating this flawed Cavs team, but could also see being swept by them.

Who cares? C's are playing with house money at this point. Nobody in Boston would've bet on them making it this far without Hayward for the entire season, and Kyrie for the last, whatever, 2 months.
Amen.

I checked out some Celtics forums and some appear to think they have a chance but I bet there was alot of Raptors fans that thought that too. But what do I know, I predicted in this very thread that the Celts had a 0% chance to make it to the ECF. Stevens has done a masterful job so far.

IMHO the key to Celtics maybe having a shot is we all know Lebron is going to get his just make sure the other Cavs don't do shit.
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:04 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Amen.

I checked out some Celtics forums and some appear to think they have a chance but I bet there was alot of Raptors fans that thought that too. But what do I know, I predicted in this very thread that the Celts had a 0% chance to make it to the ECF. Stevens has done a masterful job so far.

IMHO the key to Celtics maybe having a shot is we all know Lebron is going to get his just make sure the other Cavs don't do shit.
I think that's about right. And the Celtics have plenty of bodies and reasonably good defenders to try to throw at them. Will be interesting to see what happens. Betting against LeBron isn't real smart though.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:29 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Posted via Mobile Device
My dislike is really just centered around the foregone conclusion that is the nba, because of them.

As long as this group is together and healthy, they’ll win the title.

At least one of Curry/Thompson/Durant will have a great game. Of the other two, at least one will at least play pretty good. Maybe one will have an off night. Even in the scenario where one is off, they’ll still probably win.

I don’t think there’s any chance that 2 or more of them have an off night in 4 games of a 7 game stretch.

This reality just kills the fun of watching the league for me.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:39 PM 05-10-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
i guess we're just going to forget about some of those rocket teams?
What about them?
[Reply]
Page 65 of 232
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up