ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 82
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:31 AM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by Paniero:
Yes sir. Pizza Shoppe was the name and a search shows many locations still around KC. Glad Tim's is still in business. I saw another post say it was gone
I have ordered from the Shawnee location forever and a few from the 24 highway location (GEHS center) east of 291 when I refurb'ed a few houses in the area. It has since closed.
A funny story about them is that one of the franchise owners used to have it delivered to a bar (54th St)in Liberty. He would basically bring in 10 pizzas and shut their bar food sales down. Bartender (Meg) told me the booze sales made up for it.
It wasn't nearly as good as I remembered from the days where the original owner (Dick) ran the stores
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:29 AM 10-13-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
Don't know if it has been mentioned - but Maid-Rite in Lexington, MO....cheesy little place, but the sandwiches aren't bad...

I remember the Oak Park Mall had one for a year or two before they closed shop there.
Maid-rites are still around in places. www.maid-rite.com/
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:07 AM 03-19-2018
This goes here now.

Another great one bites the dust. I used to eat at the Lenexa "old town" location, new place not as much. Still was great.

Panzon's closed the doors at 7 PM Sat nigh, asked customers to leave, and locked the doors.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:52 AM 03-19-2018
Simply Reds favorite hamburger joint was Wimpys over on Troost
[Reply]
hometeam 07:22 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
This goes here now.

Another great one bites the dust. I used to eat at the Lenexa "old town" location, new place not as much. Still was great.

Panzon's closed the doors at 7 PM Sat nigh, asked customers to leave, and locked the doors.

Rumor mill says it could be ICE related.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:20 AM 03-19-2018
Rax’s Roast Beef from back in the day on Nolan Road. Loved that place.

Also, enjoyed Burger Boy back in the day. Flat burgers, great tater tots and milk shakes.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:28 AM 03-19-2018
The Ground Round, Noland Road pictured here.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:37 AM 03-19-2018
What food wonders can one expect from a Bates City vaca package, SR?
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:48 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
What food wonders can one expect from a Bates City vaca package, SR?
Trucker's Special breakfasts
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:55 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Trucker's Special breakfasts
Bates City Cafe and Fun Center is pretty highly rated!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:08 AM 03-19-2018
Since this thread was resurrected, and this question is a better place for it, does anyone know the history of the building that house's Paul's Drive-In on Blue Ridge?

It looks a lot like a Dogs'n'Suds, which has distinctive architecture. But it's been a Paul's since I was a kid [one of my earliest memories is my sister leaving her doll in a booth there when she was a toddler, and we had to go back and look for it], which is not too far past when Dogs'n'Suds first got started.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:12 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Since this thread was resurrected, and this question is a better place for it, does anyone know the history of the building that house's Paul's Drive-In on Blue Ridge?

It looks a lot like a Dogs'n'Suds, which has distinctive architecture. But it's been a Paul's since I was a kid [one of my earliest memories is my sister leaving her doll in a booth there when she was a toddler, and we had to go back and look for it], which is not too far past when Dogs'n'Suds first got started.

I don't, no. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 09:13 AM 03-19-2018
Poppa Z's Pizza at 23rd & 291 in Independence.

I have wonderful memories of birthday parties and actually beating the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:15 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Simply Reds favorite hamburger joint was Wimpys over on Troost
I don't think there's such a place.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:16 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I don't think there's such a place.
Titty Meats BBQ!
[Reply]