ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 100
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
diqlix 01:15 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Are you really this dense?

I've brought up DVOA a dozen times and you've ignored it every time.

Good grief you're dumb.
Whether you like DVOA or simply scoring defense, Bills are top 10 in BOTH since Week 8.
[Reply]
notorious 01:15 PM 01-05-2021
As much as I love shitposting GIF's, I have to say I'd be pretty hesitant to admit it if I was a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

Just doing a simple "Bills fan GIF" search produces pages of ridiculousness. Seriously, they might be the dumbest fans on earth. They're like soccer hooligans that beat up themselves instead of opposing fans.
Nah, they're deprived, desperate guys.

My poor brother. He is extremely intelligent, has a great job as a pharmacist for the last 25 years, but when it comes to the Bills it crushes his soul.

I pep talk him. "You have the most important component! Allen is a fantastic QB!" , but he always defaults to "They'll always find a way to fuck it up".

We were sitting next to each other at my bar when the Music City Miracle happened. Normally a calm, gentle man, he proceeded to slam his fists against the bar top with extreme ferocity over and over in verbal silence.

I feel for the guy. It would put a smile on my face for him to experience what I got to 11 months ago.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:16 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Oh, you don't like DVOA.

No problem.

Is "scoring defense" a better stat for you?

Bills are top 10 in scoring defense since Week 8.

Why is week 8 your cutoff? Why not the full season? Why not against playoff teams? Why not against teams with winning records? You assign the Chiefs team 40 years on some things, so why not use the stats from the last 40 years to prove your point?

Why are you arguing DVOA, when it was rushing numbers that was brought up? You accused Chiefs fans of shitting on stats they don’t like, but you switch stats or bring in date cutoffs on ones you don’t like.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:18 PM 01-05-2021
Clueless. So much for being here for a decade.
I hope this guys next 10 years is like his first 10....
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 01-05-2021
It bears repeating since DVOA suddenly matters when it support TheDick's argument...

Chiefs against top half DVOA:

#1...WIN...road
#2...WIN...road
#4...WIN...road
#7...WIN...road
#12...WIN...road

Bills against top half DVOA:

#5...WIN...HOME
#6...LOSS...HOME
#8...WIN...HOME
#9...WIN...HOME
#12...WIN...HOME
#12...WIN...road
#13...LOSS...road
#14...LOSS...road

In summary, the Chiefs outperformed the Bills by a significant margin in terms of DVOA.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:21 PM 01-05-2021
As much as I love shitposting GIF's, I have to say I'd be pretty hesitant to admit it if I was a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

Just doing a simple "Bills fan GIF" search produces pages of ridiculousness. Seriously, they might be the dumbest fans on earth. They're like soccer hooligans that beat up themselves instead of opposing fans.
well, to be fair, they haven't had anything on the field to keep them entertained....

That's why they carry dildos with them too.....
[Reply]
diqlix 01:23 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Why is week 8 your cutoff? Why not the full season? Why not against playoff teams? Why not against teams with winning records? You assign the Chiefs team 40 years on some things, so why not use the stats from the last 40 years to prove your point?

Why are you arguing DVOA, when it was rushing numbers that was brought up? You accused Chiefs fans of shitting on stats they don’t like, but you switch stats or bring in date cutoffs on ones you don’t like.
It's not "my" cutoff, it's the cutoff that many analysts use.

In sports, what a team does over the back-end of the season is often more representative of what they will do in the playoffs, rather than what they did in the beginning of the season.

Teams fix issues, sign players, get hurt players back, etc.

It's like what Mark Cuban said years ago: "Good teams make the playoffs. Hot teams win championships.''
[Reply]
diqlix 01:24 PM 01-05-2021
It bears repeating since DVOA suddenly matters when it support TheDick's argument...

Chiefs against top half DVOA:

#1...WIN...road
#2...WIN...road
#4...WIN...road
#7...WIN...road
#12...WIN...road

Bills against top half DVOA:

#5...WIN...HOME
#6...LOSS...HOME
#8...WIN...HOME
#9...WIN...HOME
#12...WIN...HOME
#12...WIN...road
#13...LOSS...road
#14...LOSS...road

In summary, the Chiefs outperformed the Bills by a significant margin in terms of DVOA.
Well, yeah, the Chiefs are the better team, so that's to be expected.

It also should be said that the Bills have a higher overall DVOA than the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 01-05-2021
In sports, what a team does over the back-end of the season is often more representative of what they will do in the playoffs, rather than what they did in the beginning of the season.

It's like what Mark Cuban said years ago: "Good teams make the playoffs. Hot teams win championships.''
Like the Ravens last year.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:25 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
I'll never understand why users (old and new) during the playoffs go onto other message boards and subreddits just to post.

I'll never get it. I could give two shits about your team or any other team that isn't the Chiefs - no offense.

I might be the minority, but that's just me.
There were a number of us that got kicked out of the Patriot's message boards...
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:26 PM 01-05-2021
Well, yeah, the Chiefs are the better team, so that's to be expected.
:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:28 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:

He needs to avoid the 4 weeks where Allen was melting down into a puddle it also allows him to overrate wins against teams like Dolphins, Patriots, and Broncos who had quit.
[Reply]
diqlix 01:28 PM 01-05-2021
:-)
Funny thing about DVOA, the Bills have a higher overall DVOA than the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:29 PM 01-05-2021
It's not "my" cutoff, it's the cutoff that many analysts use.

In sports, what a team does against playoff teams over the season is often more representative of what they will do in the playoffs.

Ah that must of been why Cubans team beat the hot Miami team all those years ago when they skull fucked Lebron. Or why those Bull teams won all those rings, they were hot and not good
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 PM 01-05-2021
Funny thing about DVOA, the Bills have a higher overall DVOA than the Chiefs.
So do New Orleans and Tampa Bay.

The Chiefs beat all 3.

On the road.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 100
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Up