ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 74
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:01 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Okay. So, you're happy with the present growth in new cases?
The deaths are declining, thats the most important statistic. The cases also no longer predict deaths.

I can see why the media wants to change the subject to cases..

I also disagree with focusing on cases unless they are in a high risk pool, such as a nursing home.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:03 AM 07-04-2020
I believe it's been mentioned in the Covid thread by someone who works in the field that over 60% of hospitalizations in the Phoenix metro right now are under 65 years old, linking back to bars, restaurants, etc.

Seems like enough evidence to shut those things down. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:04 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
(sigh)

How are we 4 months into this and people still don't understand that IFR for young, healthy people isn't, and never was, the concern.
That's the timeline we entered in 2016. Belief and confirmation bias replaced fact and reality, and now a pandemic is a political issue rather than a health issue. Just ignore science if you don't like what it has to say. What could possibly go wrong?
[Reply]
Donger 10:04 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The deaths are declining, thats the most important statistic. The cases also no longer predict deaths.

I also disagree with focusing on cases unless they are in a high risk pool, such as a nursing home.
Actually, deaths are trending up or are steady in the states which are seeing increases in new cases.

I fail to see why you'd choose to ignore new cases. That's where it all starts.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:12 AM 07-04-2020
Actually, deaths are trending up or are steady in the states which are seeing increases in new cases.

Its not about failing to see cases. Its being against the stupid Covid scorecards reported breathlessly by the media.

For example, lots of people are coming back for medical procedures. If you come into get a knee surgery and test positive for Covid, congrats..you're now a Covid "patient".

The idea that cases actually gives us a good understanding is asinine. We weren't detecting cases well a few months ago..now we are finding them.
[Reply]
Donger 10:14 AM 07-04-2020
Its not about failing to see cases. Its being against the stupid Covid scorecards reported breathlessly by the media.

For example, lots of people are coming back for medical procedures. If you come into get a knee surgery and test positive for Covid, congrats..you're now a Covid "patient".
I see. So you acknowledge that we're seeing a rather significant increase in new cases, but media.

Do you acknowledge that the states where we are seeing these increases are also seeing an increase in deaths?

And yes. If you test positive, you have COVID-19 unless it's a false positive.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:23 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That's the timeline we entered in 2016. Belief and confirmation bias replaced fact and reality, and now a pandemic is a political issue rather than a health issue. Just ignore science if you don't like what it has to say. What could possibly go wrong?
What happened in 2016?
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:27 AM 07-04-2020

You do realize deaths lag behind right?

You also realize it’s just more then deaths. People are having strokes heart attacks. organ damage. Lingering affects.

Also. Just think about how many more if we lived just status quo
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:36 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
You do realize deaths lag behind right?

You also realize it’s just more then deaths. People are having strokes heart attacks. organ damage. Lingering affects.

Also. Just think about how many more if we lived just status quo
Yes, there is a lot of evidence that people are not getting treated for heart disease and cancer as well as mental health and that the lockdown is killing people.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:46 AM 07-04-2020
Okay. So, you're happy with the present growth in new cases?
Because the testing is now readily available for all, obviously there will be more people that show infected. BUT the lethality is going down and we need to stop treating this as though it were the black plague. I agree with MM that we should quarantine and protect the elderly and the vulnerable (pre-existing health condition - diabetes, obese and asthmatics)folks until it is more safe for them. But to shut down all of our society??? PLEASE !!!!! But not surprised in the least that the deep staters and radical leftists always throw the baby out with the bath water on every issue. Just like DEFUND THE POLICE !!!:-)
[Reply]
Donger 10:53 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Because the testing is now readily available for all, obviously there will be more people that show infected. BUT the lethality is going down and we need to stop treating this as though it were the black plague. I agree with MM that we should quarantine and protect the elderly and the vulnerable (pre-existing health condition - diabetes, obese and asthmatics)folks until it is more safe for them. But to shut down all of our society??? PLEASE !!!!! But not surprised in the least that the deep staters and radical leftists always throw the baby out with the bath water on every issue. Just like DEFUND THE POLICE !!!:-)
Actually, if you look at the data, testing hasn't increased to match the rise in cases at all. Not to mention the increased positivity and hospitalizations.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:53 AM 07-04-2020

Flu is just as lethal to the elderly and pre-existing health condition folks as C19 and let's compare "real death stats" when it is all said and done. But wait, we won't be able to do that so easily because all deaths now in hospitals and nursing homes are classified as C-19. It will take time for sure to sort this all out BUT dollars to donuts the real C-19 death stats(C-19 only, no pre-existing health conditions) will not be anymore than the flu.:-)
[Reply]
Donger 10:54 AM 07-04-2020
Flu is just as lethal to the elderly and pre-existing health condition folks as C19 and let's compare "real death stats" when it is all said and done. But wait, we won't be able to do that so easily because all deaths now in hospitals and nursing homes are classified as C-19. It will take time for sure to sort this all out BUT dollars to donuts the real C-19 death stats(C-19 only, no pre-existing health conditions) will not be anymore than the flu.:-)
Oh good. Just like the flu again.

Present estimates are COVID-19 has a CFR of 0.6% That's six times deadlier than influenza.
[Reply]
TLO 10:56 AM 07-04-2020
Oh good. Just like the flu again.

Present estimates are COVID-19 has a CFR of 0.6% That's six times deadlier than influenza.
I'm always curious as to what the CFR is across age groups, but that information seems difficult to find.

And no, I don't need anybody to post that chart from China from 3 months ago either.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:03 AM 07-04-2020

Wrong.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 74
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up