ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 82
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
Simply Red 09:01 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Paniero:
I don't live in KC anymore, but visit my hometown often.

Texas Tom's
Rustlers BBQ for fast BBQ
Jose Miguels
California's Burrito Shop
Tim's Pizza
Another pizza place that had royalty theme. One was close to Independence Center, another close to Twin Drive In.

I'd trade Carl's Jr for Hardee's here in TX.

As an aside, I loved Applause Video. I also liked the small Vs place at Blue Ridge Mall down by the movie theater.

Damn I miss the 80s and childhood.

Do you remember York Steak House in Independence Center?
[Reply]
Paniero 09:04 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Do you remember York Steak House in Independence Center?
Yes sir. I grew up East KC, then Independence out to Blue Springs. Godfathers Pizza on 40 Hwy was cool once in a bit.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 09:05 PM 10-12-2017
I just got back from Vegas, so I was just happy to get In-n-Out. Some might say it's overrated, but that burger for that price is a great fuckin deal.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:27 PM 10-12-2017
Yes sir. I grew up East KC, then Independence out to Blue Springs. Godfathers Pizza on 40 Hwy was cool once in a bit.
Minsky's on 40 - White Oak Plaza - Godfathers on 7hwy :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:33 PM 10-12-2017
I don't live in KC anymore, but visit my hometown often.

Texas Tom's
Rustlers BBQ for fast BBQ
Jose Miguels
California's Burrito Shop
Tim's Pizza
Another pizza place that had royalty theme. One was close to Independence Center, another close to Twin Drive In.

I'd trade Carl's Jr for Hardee's here in TX.

As an aside, I loved Applause Video. I also liked the small Vs place at Blue Ridge Mall down by the movie theater.

Damn I miss the 80s and childhood.
Tim's Pizza is still around on 40 highway. Ate there about a year ago. Quality stuff.

Was the other pizza place Pizza Shoppe? Their pizza sizes are King, Queen, Prince for large, medium, small.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:41 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Tim's Pizza is still around on 40 highway. Ate there about a year ago. Quality stuff.

Was the other pizza place Pizza Shoppe? Their pizza sizes are King, Queen, Prince for large, medium, small.
dude that's been there for like 30 years, so they clearly are doing a lot right.
[Reply]
scho63 09:58 PM 10-12-2017
Any NY or NJ native would remember this great place! All you could eat shrimp cocktail and they were HUGE! Big salad bar and good steaks and burgers as well

Beefsteak Charlie's marketing concept emphasized an all-you-can-eat salad bar, as well as unlimited beer, wine, or sangria. Early 1980s advertising featured an actor in early 20th century dress playing the role of Beefsteak Charlie, later joined by his nephew "Beefsteak Chuck." Two of the chain's famous indulgent slogans were "I'll feed you like there's no tomorrow" and "You're gonna get spoiled."

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:01 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Any NY or NJ native would remember this great place! All you could eat shrimp cocktail and they were HUGE! Big salad bar and good steaks and burgers as well

Beefsteak Charlie's marketing concept emphasized an all-you-can-eat salad bar, as well as unlimited beer, wine, or sangria. Early 1980s advertising featured an actor in early 20th century dress playing the role of Beefsteak Charlie, later joined by his nephew "Beefsteak Chuck." Two of the chain's famous indulgent slogans were "I'll feed you like there's no tomorrow" and "You're gonna get spoiled."

[Reply]
Dartgod 10:01 PM 10-12-2017
dude that's been there for like 30 years, so they clearly are doing a lot right.
When I was 15 years old I worked at a pizza place in Lee's Summit called Pappi's. They were basically a Fun House knock off and made a damn fine pizza. One of the guys that worked there at the same time was the Tim that started Tim's Pizza.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:03 PM 10-12-2017
When I was 15 years old I worked at a pizza place in Lee's Summit called Pappi's. They were basically a Fun House knock off and made a damn fine pizza. One of the guys that worked there at the same time was the Tim that started Tim's Pizza.
Damn I remember Pappi's I lived in Lees Scummit in like 85 and 86
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:09 PM 10-12-2017
Damn I remember Pappi's I lived in Lees Scummit in like 85 and 86
Pappi's is now a Fun House, which is what it originally was many, many years ago.

I grew up in the neighborhood on the backside of Summit Park, which sat next to Pappi's. Spent many days of my youth in the arcade there.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:13 PM 10-12-2017
Pappi's is now a Fun House, which is what it originally was many, many years ago.

I grew up in the neighborhood on the backside of Summit Park, which sat next to Pappi's. Spent many days of my youth in the arcade there.
I lived in townhouses near the older HS
[Reply]
Paniero 10:14 PM 10-12-2017

Yes sir. Pizza Shoppe was the name and a search shows many locations still around KC. Glad Tim's is still in business. I saw another post say it was gone
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:28 PM 10-12-2017
http://www.timspizza.com/
[Reply]
Simply Red 10-12-2017, 10:31 PM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red. Reason: wrong thread
cooper barrett 12:49 AM 10-13-2017

My excuse to go to the carpet store (Spicer?) was that next door was Tim's Pizza, Next best thing to Pizza Queen in Valley View Center in OP.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 82
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up