ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 72
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:37 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
A fumble to lose his first big playoff game. Who knows where the Patriots would have gone from there. But it was the first of many very favorable calls from the refs over the last 20 years.

Followed up by missing the playoffs entirely the next season

Brady’s career is filled with those moments
[Reply]
tredadda 04:40 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Followed up by missing the playoffs entirely the next season

Brady’s career is filled with those moments
Far more of his SB wins are a product of his defense more than a product of him.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:27 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Far more of his SB wins are a product of his defense more than a product of him.
Brady is very good and letting his defense present him with key opportunities and then he has been good enough to take advantage of them as they present themselves.

He keeps the offense going enough so they are never far out of the game and generally plays enough ball control that his defense isn't gassed in the 4th q.

It's smart football if you have the team that can do it.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 04:15 AM 11-19-2021
Not true at all. If you look at Brady's teams defensive/offensive rank during his SB years, they are very close to each other. In really only one year was the defense far ahead of the offense.

Brady has won 7 Super Bowls and 5 Super Bowl MVPs. In all of those SB winning years except one, Patriots/Bucs have had a top 10 scoring offense. To do most of that in windy New England in the Northeast is impressive.

And in one SB game that he didn't win Super Bowl MVP, he made Deion Branch, a late 2nd round draft pick and number 2 receiver who didn't do much with the Seattle Seahawks, look like a legit #1 receiver. Patriots knew he wasn't a real #1 so they traded him.

Of the 7 Super Bowl wins within context of his teammates and the opponents, he just didn't play at least very well in one SB win and even there he came up big in the clutch. The 13-3 victory vs the Rams. Even in that game, it was more about Rams shutting down the Patriots outside receivers pretty much the entire game than Brady missing a bunch of open receivers. Brady still threw for over 260 yards despite the Patriots running the ball a lot. Patriots would not have been in the Super Bowl that year without Brady and the offense leading them to 2 victories (41-28 vs Chargers and 37-31 on the road vs the Chiefs).

In that Rams game, Brady was 0-6 throwing it to Hogan and 21-29 throwing it to everyone else. AFAIR Hogan had at least one great catch vs the Chiefs in AFC championship game so that may have led Brady/McDaniels/Belichick to have too much faith in Hogan in the SB. Hogan had several opportunities to make a big catch and just didn't in that SB. It was Hogan losing a 60/40 ball to a deflection at the start of the game which led to Brady's only interception of that game. It was Hogan's last game with the Patriots...they didn't offer him a new contract.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:09 AM 11-19-2021
I remember a game the year after Tom Brady won a Super Bowl and he came to Arrowhead Stadium and threw 3 interceptions and we kicked the defending Super Bowl champs ass and after the game Dick Vermeil cried tears of joy.

Fuck Tom Brady he's had plenty of games he looked like shit in.

Fucking Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl without throwing a touchdown but he threw an interception his defense won him that Super Bowl.

There is was nothing wrong with Patrick Mahomes but getting the team to play at his level.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:25 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Not true at all. If you look at Brady's teams defensive/offensive rank during his SB years, they are very close to each other. In really only one year was the defense far ahead of the offense.

Brady has won 7 Super Bowls and 5 Super Bowl MVPs. In all of those SB winning years except one, Patriots/Bucs have had a top 10 scoring offense. To do most of that in windy New England in the Northeast is impressive.

And in one SB game that he didn't win Super Bowl MVP, he made Deion Branch, a late 2nd round draft pick and number 2 receiver who didn't do much with the Seattle Seahawks, look like a legit #1 receiver. Patriots knew he wasn't a real #1 so they traded him.

Of the 7 Super Bowl wins within context of his teammates and the opponents, he just didn't play at least very well in one SB win and even there he came up big in the clutch. The 13-3 victory vs the Rams. Even in that game, it was more about Rams shutting down the Patriots outside receivers pretty much the entire game than Brady missing a bunch of open receivers. Brady still threw for over 260 yards despite the Patriots running the ball a lot. Patriots would not have been in the Super Bowl that year without Brady and the offense leading them to 2 victories (41-28 vs Chargers and 37-31 on the road vs the Chiefs).

In that Rams game, Brady was 0-6 throwing it to Hogan and 21-29 throwing it to everyone else. AFAIR Hogan had at least one great catch vs the Chiefs in AFC championship game so that may have led Brady/McDaniels/Belichick to have too much faith in Hogan in the SB. Hogan had several opportunities to make a big catch and just didn't in that SB. It was Hogan losing a 60/40 ball to a deflection at the start of the game which led to Brady's only interception of that game. It was Hogan's last game with the Patriots...they didn't offer him a new contract.
Who gives a flying fuckshit about offensive ranking? Lamar Jackson had the Ravens as a top 5 offense just about every year he's been a starter. And that dude struggles to throw for 3000 yards, much less 4000 in the wild and wooly NFL of today. But at least as a RB he can tout an impressive total yardage number to justify that stat. Brady throwing for 200/game and handing it off to Bill's RB-of-the-week doesn't mean his contributing to that offensive ranking the way other QBs do.

Brady was nothing but an Alex Smith game manager for his first few years in the league. I've said before that he production he put up with Moss and Hernandez is the most impressive feat of his career. To me, that's where he has shined as an all-time great QB, not because he farted out another ring against that Rams team or because he got tuck ruled into his first championship or any of that other garbage ass bullshit he had no part in that has accounted for nearly all of his rings.

Also, I gotta laugh at "Brady made Deion Branch look like a #1 WR." Yeah, sure thing, bud. And I suppose people thought Kenbrell Tompkins was also a starting WR their teams should try to acquire because he was the #1 in New England that year. What's next? If Jakobi Meyers leaves New England at the end of his contract for a higher payday, are you going to claim that Belichick made Meyers look like a real #1 WR?

Also, what? It's more impressive to do Brady shit in New England because of weather? Yeah, then Brady goes down to Miami once a year and fucks up the game. Fuck off with that dumbass shit.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:55 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:

:-)

Oh my. You actually believe that it was all Brady?

Super Bowl XXXVI- NE 20 - STL Rams 17

Brady wins MVP by throwing an amazing 145 yards and 1 TD. The defense generated three turnovers against the Greatest Show on Turf, one being a pick 6 and it took a game winning 48 yard field goal to win it. All Brady I guess. Mind you the Patriots were only in this SB because of the newly created that playoff game against the Raiders "Tuck Rule".

Super Bowl XXXVIII- NE 32 - CAR 29. Credit, where credit's due. Brady had a good season and a good SB.

Super Bowl XXXIX- NE 24 - Philly 21

Another SB where the NE defense stepped up by generating 4 turnovers. Brady of course put up stellar numbers with 236 yards and 2 TDs. Shocking he didn't get the MVP with that elite stat line.

Super Bowl XLIX- NE 28 - SEA 24

This SB will always go down as the one the Seahawks lost more than NE won. It was Brady's game winning INT that sealed it for them. Ooops, I mean the Butler's game winning INT. It can get hard at times not giving Brady credit for EVERYTHING.

Super Bowl LI- NE 34 - ATL 28

Yet another SB that will be remembered as much for ATL losing it as NE winning it. Credit to Brady on leading his team back. Had ATL not gone into a shell they most likely win that game, but a win is a win.

Super Bowl LIII- NE 13 - LAR 3

Yet another "dominant" performance by Brady with his 262 yards and 1 INT. I would like to give credit to the defense for shutting down the high powered Rams offense, but then I would be taking the glory from the GOAT and his elite showing. Let's also not forget the game ending INT he threw in the AFCCG that was called back because he used his superior mental abilities to cause Dee Ford to line up offside. That's just what GOATs do.

Super Bowl - LV TB 31 - KC 9

Before highlighting the epic greatness for leading the NYJ, oops, I mean JAX, silly me the talent rich TB Bucs to the SB it needs to be highlighted that Brady played poorly vs both NO and GB yet was bailed out by his defense. But since we can't give credit to anyone but the GOAT, it was all him. He was fortunate to face a KC team that had almost all backups on the O-Line and a Mahomes who was battling turf toe. If you saw how Brady dominated the KC Oline and forcing Mahomes to throw 2 INTs, it's easy to see why Brady is the GOAT. No other QB could have done this.

Simply put, Brady is a good QB and HOF bound, but a ton of his success in SBs is a product of his defense more than him. Take away the tuck rule and an offsides he has 5 SBs, of which 2-3 at most are a product of him. That is still good, but not GOAT worthy. Add in DeflateGate and SpyGate and he also has two punishable offenses on teams he has played for. It's just annoying that people polish his knob for being the beneficiary of what others did.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:34 PM 11-20-2021
:-)

Oh my. You actually believe that it was all Brady?

Super Bowl XXXVI- NE 20 - STL Rams 17

Brady wins MVP by throwing an amazing 145 yards and 1 TD. The defense generated three turnovers against the Greatest Show on Turf, one being a pick 6 and it took a game winning 48 yard field goal to win it. All Brady I guess. Mind you the Patriots were only in this SB because of the newly created that playoff game against the Raiders "Tuck Rule".

Super Bowl XXXVIII- NE 32 - CAR 29. Credit, where credit's due. Brady had a good season and a good SB.

Super Bowl XXXIX- NE 24 - Philly 21

Another SB where the NE defense stepped up by generating 4 turnovers. Brady of course put up stellar numbers with 236 yards and 2 TDs. Shocking he didn't get the MVP with that elite stat line.

Super Bowl XLIX- NE 28 - SEA 24

This SB will always go down as the one the Seahawks lost more than NE won. It was Brady's game winning INT that sealed it for them. Ooops, I mean the Butler's game winning INT. It can get hard at times not giving Brady credit for EVERYTHING.

Super Bowl LI- NE 34 - ATL 28

Yet another SB that will be remembered as much for ATL losing it as NE winning it. Credit to Brady on leading his team back. Had ATL not gone into a shell they most likely win that game, but a win is a win.

Super Bowl LIII- NE 13 - LAR 3

Yet another "dominant" performance by Brady with his 262 yards and 1 INT. I would like to give credit to the defense for shutting down the high powered Rams offense, but then I would be taking the glory from the GOAT and his elite showing. Let's also not forget the game ending INT he threw in the AFCCG that was called back because he used his superior mental abilities to cause Dee Ford to line up offside. That's just what GOATs do.

Super Bowl - LV TB 31 - KC 9

Before highlighting the epic greatness for leading the NYJ, oops, I mean JAX, silly me the talent rich TB Bucs to the SB it needs to be highlighted that Brady played poorly vs both NO and GB yet was bailed out by his defense. But since we can't give credit to anyone but the GOAT, it was all him. He was fortunate to face a KC team that had almost all backups on the O-Line and a Mahomes who was battling turf toe. If you saw how Brady dominated the KC Oline and forcing Mahomes to throw 2 INTs, it's easy to see why Brady is the GOAT. No other QB could have done this.

Simply put, Brady is a good QB and HOF bound, but a ton of his success in SBs is a product of his defense more than him. Take away the tuck rule and an offsides he has 5 SBs, of which 2-3 at most are a product of him. That is still good, but not GOAT worthy. Add in DeflateGate and SpyGate and he also has two punishable offenses on teams he has played for. It's just annoying that people polish his knob for being the beneficiary of what others did.
Love this post. Also I’d add all the teams Brady was able to help have a top 10 defense and all the amazing blocking Brady did to always have a top 10 OL. Brady truly is the GOAT!!
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:48 AM 01-30-2022
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MAHOMES?!

Fuck every single detractor in this thread.

Is he earning his salary now, cunts?
[Reply]
carcosa 12:07 PM 01-30-2022
Won't Sniff!!!!!
[Reply]
PHOG 06:19 PM 01-30-2022
He has a batshit crazy fiancé, and a whatever he is batshit crazy brother.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:20 PM 01-30-2022
Well, the mid-season version of him showed up in the 2nd half. He will need to learn from it and find a way to be more consistent next season.
[Reply]
TLO 06:21 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Going to have to say this had no impact on the game today whatsoever.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:22 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Just a game. They had nothing to do with it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:27 PM 01-30-2022
He got tight or something. Missed several easy short completions to RBs, and then stopped reading at all, culminating in the complete miss of kelce wide open in the Ez that would've ended the game.

he's human. he'll bounce back.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 72
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Up