ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 629 of 663
« First < 129529579619625626627628629 630631632633639 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Fair enough. How much do those celebrity boxer clowns make per fight? Maybe that’s an avenue he should explore.
I don't really disagree with you, their severe lack of stars has prolonged his mainevent run/paydays.

It's also why Jon Jones can literally do anything and come back.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:01 PM 07-10-2021
Fair enough. How much do those celebrity boxer clowns make per fight? Maybe that’s an avenue he should explore.
the main dude doing that these days got $60 million to do an exhibition bout against a you tuber.
Fans like Mcgregor a lot better than that dude.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:01 PM 07-10-2021
Mecca is a dude who wears a ponytail and has been shitting on MMA for years fuck him
[Reply]
Mecca 11:02 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
It's true that UFC is lacking in the star fighter department in recent years, but I'd still watch it over WWE. I'd rather watch women's wheelchair basketball over WWE though, so it's not saying much.
I'm not comparing that product, they lack stars and are generally boring themselves.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:04 PM 07-10-2021
Fuck Conor with a rusty 12 foot pole. What an absolute dickhead.

Connor - there was no checked kick

Joe - let's show 8 replays in slow motion of the checked kick that likely caused the break

The only thing that would have been better is if Dustin had told Conor to try swaggering out of the Octagon with his floppy leg.
[Reply]
Pants 11:24 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Most UFC events are generic dude with bad tattoos vs another generic dude with bad tattoos, it's like attack of the clones.

No one is interesting, no one stands out, it doesn't matter how good they fight when entertainment is part of the product. And 99% of the guys are about as interesting as wet paint. It's why UFC has had declining popularity for awhile.
What a horrible take.

It's not about entertainment in the UFC. It's about dominance.

Why are you comparing a real sport to WWE?

Connor's brashness only worked because he was backing it up by beating everyone. He built a huge a fanbase and is a huge star. GSP was just as big and carried that organization without any antics. He had the personality of a wet rag in WWE terms. He acted like a martial artist and never lost. The "never lost" part is what made him so huge.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
What a horrible take.

It's not about entertainment in the UFC. It's about dominance.

Why are you comparing a real sport to WWE?

Connor's brashness only worked because he was backing it up by beating everyone. He built a huge a fanbase and is a huge star. GSP was just as big and carried that organization without any antics. He had the personality of a wet rag in WWE terms. He acted like a martial artist and never lost. The "never lost" part is what made him so huge.
There wasn't a WWE comment in there...they have a serious star problem and it's why they'll keep running Connor back out there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:29 PM 07-10-2021
McGregor vs Logan Paul coming soon
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:30 PM 07-10-2021
The PPV buys are fine, they are killing it at the gate, have some international stars with the African champs, dont even have to travel the rest of the year for fight nights.

The UFC is doing fine regardless of what casuals like Mecca says. He hasnt even watched a fight since Lesnar I bet.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:03 AM 07-11-2021
McGregor hasn't done fuckin shit since the Mayweather boxing match other than run his mouth and act like a damn clown.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:37 AM 07-11-2021

Dana said UFC 264 had sold 1.2 million PPVs in the US by 8 p.m. He estimates total between 1.7 million and 1.8 million in the U.S.

— Kevin Iole (@KevinI) July 11, 2021

Read somewhere that Conor will get between $20-30 million for that fight.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:57 AM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Most UFC events are generic dude with bad tattoos vs another generic dude with bad tattoos, it's like attack of the clones.

No one is interesting, no one stands out, it doesn't matter how good they fight when entertainment is part of the product. And 99% of the guys are about as interesting as wet paint. It's why UFC has had declining popularity for awhile.
UFC popularity is not declining. What makes you think that?
[Reply]
Pablo 09:44 AM 07-11-2021
I haven't watched UFC in quite a while, but was at a friends last night and we bought the fight.

Monster energy hair guy Moutihno ate a million punches and kept pursuing like a goddamn T2. At some point you've gotta stop letting him hit you in the mouth. I've never seen a human do that lol
[Reply]
jjjayb 10:07 AM 07-11-2021
How stupid is Dustin's wife? She thought Connor would keep her trying to get into his DMs a secret? :-)
I'm sure it wasn't a secret. She was probably going to try and get him to promote her charity.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:35 PM 07-11-2021
How stupid is Dustin's wife? She thought Connor would keep her trying to get into his DMs a secret? :-)
Yeah that whole thing is weird. Either she was trying to bait him in or she's a fucking moron. Maybe both perhaps.
[Reply]
Page 629 of 663
« First < 129529579619625626627628629 630631632633639 > Last »
Up