ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 95
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
SAGA45 09:35 AM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I saw a piece yesterday on TV about Floyd's last word called out being for his momma.

In my experience, about 10% of patients who are conscious, not with family, in a sudden emergency to their life and are aware they are dying, that is their last words. Whether mom is alive or dead.
That is what has gripped the hearts of women of all races all over the world in regards to this killing. Many, no matter where they fell on the political spectrum or stance on racism, said when he called out for his mother it struck a nerve...a chord...and, as if out of maternal instinct, they felt angry and helpless. I personally feel this is one of the many aspects of this case that galvanized the protests and the movement as a whole, especially on a global scale.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:30 AM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
There is new federal legislation on the table that features a national registry for police misconduct aimed at making it difficult for repeat offenders to be rehired. It's called the Justice in Policing Act of 2020.
Ya i heard about that. Idk if it will actually get passed but it certainly should be. The public needs easier access to info relating to officers that have been fired for misuse of the badge as well.
[Reply]
underEJ 12:03 PM 06-10-2020
There are alot of really common sense things that can be enacted quickly to reduce a large number of these situations that escalate from small issues. Think about how you as a resident approach reporting to the police. Most residents have become aware that theft is a non emergency call where a report will be taken and the police are basically validating your insurance claim. Why should a store's 20 dollar potential loss garner an emergency response?

For a dispatcher, there needs to be some discernment of actual emergency response need. A call to 911 about a black man dancing in the street shouldn't get a response at all without some serious follow up questions to determine if anything illegal was actually witnessed.

We definitely have the technology to massively reduce traffic stops while still issuing citations to speeders and vehicles that need repair.

There are tons of these types of actions that can reduce policing of the public one on one, or twelve on one as tends to happen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:05 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
That is what has gripped the hearts of women of all races all over the world in regards to this killing. Many, no matter where they fell on the political spectrum or stance on racism, said when he called out for his mother it struck a nerve...a chord...and, as if out of maternal instinct, they felt angry and helpless. I personally feel this is one of the many aspects of this case that galvanized the protests and the movement as a whole, especially on a global scale.
you think it would make a difference if they knew it’s not uncommon that the dying’s last thought is of their mother? I’d think not.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:49 PM 06-10-2020
So what it is I'm missing about Jerry Richardson right now?

Jerry Richardson statue is off Panthers property. pic.twitter.com/TjpPsBPrRt

— Joe Person (@josephperson) June 10, 2020

Articles are saying there were growing cries to take it down and due to its size it was removed for public safety reasons. Okay, I guess I can buy that. But then the comments are like "yeah, screw that racist fossil". And even one of the relatively even-handed articles said somethin glike "it is unclear if it will return in the wake of efforts made in the name of equality during the recent protests..."

When the fuck did Jerry Richardson become Andrew Jackson? Good lord - are we just calling EVERY old rich white guy a racist?

By all accounts he was a fan of slapping secretaries on the ass, but who isn't? Moreover, what the fuck does that have to do with anything going on right now?

I cannot recall anything regarding Richardson showing any sort of racial bias. Dude's favorite player and the only one he has had a statue of put up elsewhere at the stadium was Sam Mills. he had a great relationship with Cam Newton, Ron Rivera, etc... and his players seemed to really like him.

Is this some of the stuff that goes back 30 odd years where his franchising company got sued? I mean ultimately he owns the company but what indication was there that he was directing racial taunts from the register clerks at a Denny's in California?

I really do not understand this. There is FAR more evidence that Richardson embraced minorities than there is that he's a racist. WTF?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06-10-2020, 01:55 PM
This message has been deleted by TwistedChief.
WhawhaWhat 03:27 PM 06-10-2020

Patrick Mahomes: "I'm blessed to have this platform. Why not use it?"

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) June 10, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:34 PM 06-10-2020
NASCAR bans confederate flags.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:39 PM 06-10-2020

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:45 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So what it is I'm missing about Jerry Richardson right now?

Articles are saying there were growing cries to take it down and due to its size it was removed for public safety reasons. Okay, I guess I can buy that. But then the comments are like "yeah, screw that racist fossil". And even one of the relatively even-handed articles said somethin glike "it is unclear if it will return in the wake of efforts made in the name of equality during the recent protests..."

When the **** did Jerry Richardson become Andrew Jackson? Good lord - are we just calling EVERY old rich white guy a racist?

By all accounts he was a fan of slapping secretaries on the ass, but who isn't? Moreover, what the **** does that have to do with anything going on right now?

I cannot recall anything regarding Richardson showing any sort of racial bias. Dude's favorite player and the only one he has had a statue of put up elsewhere at the stadium was Sam Mills. he had a great relationship with Cam Newton, Ron Rivera, etc... and his players seemed to really like him.

Is this some of the stuff that goes back 30 odd years where his franchising company got sued? I mean ultimately he owns the company but what indication was there that he was directing racial taunts from the register clerks at a Denny's in California?

I really do not understand this. There is FAR more evidence that Richardson embraced minorities than there is that he's a racist. WTF?
I'm going to guess they didn't want the statue and decided to remove it. We did the same with some raspberry bushes last week.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:46 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Dude is a leader.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:54 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Dude is a leader.

No doubt. Man I love our QB. We are so damn lucky.

[Reply]
SuperChief 03:59 PM 06-10-2020
Camarohead fans' heads exploding all over the metro. The dissonance is too much for most.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:04 PM 06-10-2020
That’s My QB.gif
[Reply]
SAGA45 04:18 PM 06-10-2020
:-):-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:48 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Dude is a leader.
Kansas City Chiefs stars Patrick Mahomes and Tyrann Mathieu are starting a voter registration program.

The country appears ready for real change. Patrick Mahomes and Tyrann Mathieu are trying to be leaders in their own way.

Mahomes and Mathieu, two stars of the Kansas City Chiefs, were involved in the NFL player’s powerful 70-second video last week, demanding the league help foster change while acknowledging black lives mattering.

https://fansided.com/2020/06/10/patr...ation-program/
[Reply]
Page 62 of 95
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up