ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 237
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
O.city 06:24 PM 01-05-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Rumblings Michael Porter (#2 recruit) has been in contact with KU recently.
And????
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:19 PM 01-05-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
And????
And that's a good thing?
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 09:39 PM 01-05-2017
Is this year's team good enough to cut down the nets still in April?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:42 PM 01-05-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
Not I less our bigz some how become super awesomeness...
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 PM 01-05-2017
And that's a good thing?
I was hoping you'd elaborate more on the subject.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 09:55 PM 01-05-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
I'm not sure with the defensive struggles as of late, but we'll see what happens. The good thing is that there doesn't appear to be any teams in college hoops head and shoulders above everyone else, so anything is possible. I'd still put KU in that top tier of teams, however, even with the defensive struggles as of late. Udoka was a raw talent, but his presence is going to be sorely missed through conference play.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:01 PM 01-05-2017
Villanova was 5th last year in adjusted defense. We are currently 29th. Last year we were 3rd.

We lost guys who were known as weak defenders: Ellis, Greene and Selden (kind of)

Makes very little sense to me. I think, a little bit of it is an anomaly. I expect our defensive efficiency to improve but maybe the loss of Jamari Traylor was bigger than we thought. And maybe Ellis and Selden were better defenders than we thought?

I have no idea how Ellis and Selden would be better defenders than Josh Jackson. Maybe it's just defensive positioning. That is a staple of a Bill Self defense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:31 PM 01-05-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Villanova was 5th last year in adjusted defense. We are currently 29th. Last year we were 3rd.

We lost guys who were known as weak defenders: Ellis, Greene and Selden (kind of)

Makes very little sense to me. I think, a little bit of it is an anomaly. I expect our defensive efficiency to improve but maybe the loss of Jamari Traylor was bigger than we thought. And maybe Ellis and Selden were better defenders than we thought?

I have no idea how Ellis and Selden would be better defenders than Josh Jackson. Maybe it's just defensive positioning. That is a staple of a Bill Self defense.
A lot of it is that Lucas was good most of last year, and was PURE GARBAGE until the last few games.

That and we are bad rebounders in the 4 out formation which we didn't do much of until last year. It may get better. Self's teams always do after Christmas, but typically it is on the offensive end not the defensive end, but If Lucas can get back to last year's defensive productivity, we may be OK.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:31 PM 01-05-2017
Traylor was a serious loss defensively. There's a reason Self trusted him as much as he did.

Going from Selden to Svi and Vick is also a major defensive dropoff.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:36 AM 01-06-2017
Svi going from 12 to 26 minutes a game has a lot to do with the defensive slip. Not a Roy Williams-bad defense, but definitely not a Bill Self lockdown team. Also, while Ellis wasn't a great defensive player due to his size and lack of aggressiveness... he was very good with his positioning as an upperclassman... Bragg\Vick\Doke just aren't as efficient. Bragg has been a massive disappointment, thusfar.

You know it's driving HCBS nuts.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:55 AM 01-06-2017
To me, the biggest disappointment on this team to date is Svi. The guy can shoot, but it appears that's all he can do. At 6'8", I believe he got zero, ZERO, rebounds in the KSU game. That's beyond horrible. Heck, you'd pretty much have to go out of your way to avoid a loose ball rebound.......and he did.

Plus, he's just a horrible passer. Can't tell you how many times he's passed the ball to the defender RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! AAnd lastly, he cannot guard anyone. Seems like all he wants to do is stand around the 3-point line and shoot. Wow, way to give it up for the team, Svi!

Frankly, I'd bench the guy until he decided to play defense. Hells/bells, give me Lightfoot or ANYONE else who might give a rats ass about hustle and solid team play. Time to get down and dirty, Svi.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:02 AM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
To me, the biggest disappointment on this team to date is Svi. The guy can shoot, but it appears that's all he can do. At 6'8", I believe he got zero, ZERO, rebounds in the KSU game. That's beyond horrible. Heck, you'd pretty much have to go out of your way to avoid a loose ball rebound.......and he did.

Plus, he's just a horrible passer. Can't tell you how many times he's passed the ball to the defender RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM! AAnd lastly, he cannot guard anyone. Seems like all he wants to do is stand around the 3-point line and shoot. Wow, way to give it up for the team, Svi!

Frankly, I'd bench the guy until he decided to play defense. Hells/bells, give me Lightfoot or ANYONE else who might give a rats ass about hustle and solid team play. Time to get down and dirty, Svi.
He can also drive to the basket. I'm telling you, he has to be one of the best finishers when he does decide to go to the rim. I don't know why he likes to either pull up from midrange (sometimes) or not try to drive to the rim at all. He's pretty good at it. But, he does lack the other skills that some of our other guys have defensively and he's a pretty bad rebounder for his size.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 12:07 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He can also drive to the basket. I'm telling you, he has to be one of the best finishers when he does decide to go to the rim. I don't know why he likes to either pull up from midrange (sometimes) or not try to drive to the rim at all. He's pretty good at it. But, he does lack the other skills that some of our other guys have defensively and he's a pretty bad rebounder for his size.
You're correct, BWillie, he has definitely improved in taking the ball to the hoop and finishing. I just hate seeing such athletic talent go to waste on the defensive end. He's big enough to make a difference out there, but it just seems like he really doesn't want to "mix it up".

C'mon, Svi, get in there and assert yourself!!!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:48 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
I was hoping you'd elaborate more on the subject.
There isn't much more to it right now, only that the players know.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:11 PM 01-06-2017
There isn't much more to it right now, only that the players know.
Well, you were right last time. I forget what it was, so hopefully you are right. He's probably just opening his recruitment as he knows Romar is probably getting canned and daddy gotta find a new job.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 237
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up