ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 120
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:35 PM 07-14-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I have serious doubts if any of the arms they drafted this season will ever make it to the big club.
Agreed.

It was a panic draft; all college kids with very little in the way of ceiling.

Like I said, I really liked the Davis pick but every pick thereafter seemed to be a response to losing the 2nd round slot money when we lost that 2nd rounder (the gift that keeps on giving, Willson Contreras) and/or your standard mozeliak freakout and overcorrection.

These all appear to be guys they hope to advance to AA quickly so they can fast-track some of the prospects presently in AAA. It's an organizational backfill. There's zero ceiling at all unless they can get that prep kid to sign and that's not happening because - again - they lost their entire 2nd round slot allocation by signing Contreras. And there's noplace else in this draft where they're going to stumble into enough surpluse to make a top 15 kind of offer to that kid. So it's a wasted pick but it was round 20 so who cares?
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:59 PM 07-14-2023
"Right now, I can tell you, we're going to trade people, you just don't know if it's going to be household names or guys who are more likely to not be here next year," he told Martin Kilcoyne of Fox-2 in St. Louis.

"It's easy to talk about what we may or may not do at the moment, but we're not going to just give away players. We want to get some value in return. We want to get some value that helps us in 2024. And that's really going to be our focus as we enter the trading period."

This statement from Mo reeks of the offseason comments about how they were going to increase spending. He loves his vague generalities and double speak.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:56 PM 07-14-2023
DeWitt needs to trade Mo to the unemployment line.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:27 PM 07-14-2023
Just announced that Monday is a bullpen game. Four days after the All Star break :-) what a bunch of ass clowns
[Reply]
bdj23 05:08 PM 07-14-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Just announced that Monday is a bullpen game. Four days after the All Star break :-) what a bunch of ass clowns
But i thought we had 6 starting pitchers?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:33 PM 07-14-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
But i thought we had 6 starting pitchers?
Good thing we kept "TON" though! Mo has has much talent evaluation skills as a Rams Fan apparently....
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:37 PM 07-14-2023

Cardinals Interested In Logan Gilbert https://t.co/aLyeVCvJ9y pic.twitter.com/1ccjkIGidB

— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) July 14, 2023

[Reply]
bdj23 07:55 PM 07-14-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Hope this MFer is worth like 19.8 WAR otherwise it's futile
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 07-15-2023
He's okay.

Kirby is the gem in Seattle but depending on the cost, Gilbert is a fine add. Whatever happens, Moe will mess it up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:39 AM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
DeWitt needs to trade Mo to the unemployment line.
Good start! then.... Dewitt's new GM buy us some free agent pitching.

Trade Montgomery, Flaherty and Hicks. They will have value for a contender and contracts up this year.

Check and see what you can get from a contending team for Goldy and Arenado. They might waive the no-trade clause.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:57 AM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Good start! then.... Dewitt's new GM buy us some free agent pitching.

Trade Montgomery, Flaherty and Hicks. They will have value for a contender and contracts up this year.

Check and see what you can get from a contending team for Goldy and Arenado. They might waive the no-trade clause.
Trading Arenado is pointless.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:05 AM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Trading Arenado is pointless.
Arenado gone would mean you could stop pretending Walker is ever going to be an outfielder. He's still only showing 20ish HR power but his defense is so fucking bad he's a replacement player in the outfield.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:18 AM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Arenado gone would mean you could stop pretending Walker is ever going to be an outfielder. He's still only showing 20ish HR power but his defense is so ****ing bad he's a replacement player in the outfield.
I don’t think Walker is an OF long-term and is only playing there because of Goldschmidt/Arenado.

He’s probably better suited for 1st. Would rather move him there and split-time with Goldschmidt there and DH.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Arenado gone would mean you could stop pretending Walker is ever going to be an outfielder. He's still only showing 20ish HR power but his defense is so fucking bad he's a replacement player in the outfield.
More likely it would mean you stop pretending Gorman is ever going to be a 2b.

You have Gorman and Walker at 3b and 1b going forward. Edman at SS and Donovan at 2b.

And if you use Goldschmidt and Arenado to get a viable CFer and an OFer with reliable offense, you can fill out your OF as well. Then hopefully use the freed up salary to pursue 2-3 year deals on veteran SPs while you wait for your arms to make it the rest of the way through the system.

A guy like Jon Gray would've been nice but next season maybe that's Stroman or Eddie Rodriguez. Realistically it should probably be both.

There's a path back to mediocrity there at least. But you REALLY have to get those trades right.

I'd rather keep Arenado, though. And maybe move Gorman to LF and Walker to 1b. Arenado's a run producer and guys that have the right mindset to drive in runs aren't easy to find. Everyone wants to be Joey Votto and be overly selective so they pad their WAR without actually getting runs in. Meanwhile Arenado has been shattered ass for all but about 3 weeks of the season and is 3rd in the NL in RBI.

That's a mindset I'd love to see him instill in Walker or Gorman. Probably Gorman since I think Walker can be more of a OBP guy and be a really nice complement to that style of player.

If Gilbert's who they're after, I gotta figure that's gonna cost Gorman. I don't think Donovan gets him and Edman's not the kind of bat they're looking for.

Ultimately Mozeliak has a lot of different directions he could go here but he's going to choose the path of least resistance, move a couple pending FAs and enter next season with a team that has an 84 win ceiling.
[Reply]
seclark 10:40 AM 07-15-2023
Hate to lose Arenado.
sec
[Reply]
Page 62 of 120
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112 > Last »
Up