ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 90
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:17 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
With a year of experience with Hollywood (I think he is his replacement), he will be even better.
Will be worth watching.

I don't even know if Worthy has to be better but if he is close enough they might move on from Hollywood.

Personally I hope Hollywood balls out and we keep him.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:25 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
With a year of experience with Hollywood (I think he is his replacement), he will be even better.
I think the Chiefs investing so much at TE with Irv Smith and Jared Wiley means what we all think: Kelce is nearing the end. Kelce himself acknowledged that on his new heights pod.

I think this draft was as much planning for the post Kelce era as much as anything. Rice, Worthy, Kingsley and Wiley are all cheap for the next 3 years minimum.

I think Kelce has 1, maybe 2 more years. If they could ink Hollywood to Veach’s favorite 3 year structure that has a clean way out in year 3 I’d take that immediately. Kelce’s money would basically go to him to cover a lot of the cost.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:26 AM 04-29-2024
Devonta Smith is listed at 6’ 170 and he looks tiny out there.

It will be jarring to see Worthy padded up at 5’11” 165.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:29 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the Chiefs investing so much at TE with Irv Smith and Jared Wiley means what we all think: Kelce is nearing the end. Kelce himself acknowledged that on his new heights pod.

I think this draft was as much planning for the post Kelce era as much as anything. Rice, Worthy, Kingsley and Wiley are all cheap for the next 3 years minimum.

I think Kelce has 1, maybe 2 more years. If they could ink Hollywood to Veach’s favorite 3 year structure that has a clean way out in year 3 I’d take that immediately. Kelce’s money would basically go to him to cover a lot of the cost.
I think Hollywood has the possibility of a Tranquil trajectory here. Cheap 1 year tryout that gets him a long term deal with more $$$ if he performs.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:03 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The perceived speed vs. the real speed of McCluster will always be funny to me.

Folks talking like he had afterburners and was some deep threat when he was a 4.5 guy who'd get caught from behind by linebackers.

I mean if you wanted to try to argue he was De'Anthony Thomas I'd listen - skeptically, but at least I'd listen.

But McCluster? That's just laughably stupid.
it just casually ignores that Worthy is actually a wide receiver with a tremendous history of success at the position.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:04 PM 04-29-2024
He's also only 20 years old. He'll be 185 by his third season.
[Reply]
SAGA45 12:09 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Devonta Smith is listed at 6’ 170 and he looks tiny out there.

It will be jarring to see Worthy padded up at 5’11” 165.
One thing's for sure, Worthy will be a lot more physical than Smith. I did a brief cut up and posted it about 20 pages back. Worthy is a straight up DOG.

As crazy as it may sound, he's a bully. Will that fly in the NFL? Likely not but it won't be for lack of him trying. I expect him to embarrass a few db's on the boundary early in the season when they're expecting him to sidestep out of bounds.

Word will travel quickly that he's no punk. -
https://www.facebook.com/ChiefConcer...ibextid=NnVzG8
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:10 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
He's going to gain 20 lbs from his draft year?

Worthy doesn't need to bulk up. Let him do what he does.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 04-29-2024
I don't know about 185, but he clearly lost some weight to break the record.
[Reply]
xztop123 12:17 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
ESPN had him listed at 6'1" lol, but yeah Combine numbers are probably legit. A McCluster comp is insane though.
It was a lack of size and muscle comp

A guy under 175 in the nfl is so rare that it legitimizes the comp. I can’t even think of another player under 180 that ever played for kc. I think Dante hall was 190 even tho he was like 5’7

Mighty mouse cornerback mcclain might have been lighter but that was so long ago
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by xztop123:

A guy under 175 in the nfl is so rare that it legitimizes the comp. I can’t even think of another player under 180 that ever played for dc. I think Dante hall was 190 even tho he was like 5’7
Devonta Smith and Tank Dell just recently. You're absolutely clueless. The NFL has changed a lot over the years. Catch up.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:20 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by xztop123:

A guy under 175 in the nfl is so rare that it legitimizes the comp. I can’t even think of another player under 180 that ever played for kc. I think Dante hall was 190 even tho he was like 5’7

Mighty mouse cornerback mcclain might have been lighter but that was so long ago
Emmanuel Forbes went in round 1 last year....he's 6'1 166lbs.
[Reply]
xztop123 12:20 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Devonta Smith and Tank Dell just recently. You're absolutely clueless. The NFL has changed a lot over the years. Catch up.
I was explaining the mccluster comparison. Please follow the discourse. Mccluater also was drafted by kc. And was skinny.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:21 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Worthy's size is fine if he operates as the Vertical 2.

Obviously keep Nagy's ideas to a minimum with him because he ain't going to do what Rice did last year or he would break.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:21 PM 04-29-2024
He turned 21 on Saturday... Still super young.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 90
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up