ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 140
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Codered 03:24 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The Donks won their last SB because of an unstoppable defense player and a solid cast behind him.

Clark will have a better year than Vonn- plus Mahomes is way above Manning that year and well...any year.

You need that kind of guy on defense that goes out and punches them in the ****ing mouth play after play. Now we have him.
I agree with most of this. Not sure you can compare Clark and Von yet.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:24 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I completely agree with this. But your avatar as a hockey player makes me want to die. Can we go back to Honey Badger please? I'll go back to Alex Smith as The Joker if it helps.
You’ll have to excuse me for that, the Rangers just got a top 2 pick for the first time since *checks calendar*...1966. So, I’m pretty hyped for my man Kaapo Kakko :-)

I’ll change it since you’re a sweetie, though.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:24 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That's one thing we're in agreement on here. Veach still has a lot to prove.

While i'm happy that we finally got an impact player (which i said i expected to get all along), he didn't exactly pull one on Seattle.

His compensation for both Ford and Peters was weak.

And his draft class thus far leaves a lot to be desired.

So far, he's no Dorsey.
FUCKING HELLO! THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR 20 FUCKING POSTS NOW. I'M GLAD IT FINALLY HIT PAYDIRT!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:24 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Shox27:
Love getting Clark. He will make a huge difference. Overpaid, but I love the fact the Chiefs are not sitting back and wasting another Mahomes year, which I think they did keeping Sutton on board.

Clark makes us the AFC favorite. We still need a CB maybe two and could use a LB upgrade, which will not happen in the draft unless we reach.
We can live with these corners. I think. I hope.

Some LB's and a safety next to Tyrann are of dire need though.
[Reply]
58-4ever 03:24 PM 04-23-2019
My take is that the compensation is one thing, but in this defense, Clark is going to be a STUD.

Dee Ford cannot lineup in a 6 tech. People tend to use the term "Edge" rusher and discount how schematically different players are...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:25 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
This is like when khali mack went to the bears. Just watch our defense with this offense = super bowls.
And everyone said the Raiders fleeced the Bears. Maybe if they're lucky, they can spend the top pick they spent all year sucking for to get a Khalil Mack.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:25 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
People place way too much value on draft picks. That’s the only explanation for not liking this trade. The money is also irrelevant because you can work around that in pretty much any way you need or want to.
Or you could be extremely leery of his past off the field issues considering what we've been putting up with in recent years.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:25 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The Donks won their last SB because of an unstoppable defense player and a solid cast behind him.

Clark will have a better year than Vonn- plus Mahomes is way above Manning that year and well...any year.

You need that kind of guy on defense that goes out and punches them in the ****ing mouth play after play. Now we have him.
Clark will have a better year than Von? Ha! Look I am excited about this guy but let's be realistic here.

We needed help on the dline and we got it. So I am happy for that but it remains to be seen if this will be a good trade/signing. Lets not forget how excited everyone was when J Houston/Eric Berry got signed.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:26 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
FUCKING HELLO! THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR 20 FUCKING POSTS NOW. I'M GLAD IT FINALLY HIT PAYDIRT!
Separate issue though.

The value may not be what we wanted, but in the end, we have an impact player.

Impact players make championships. Not un-used assets.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:26 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

How many SuperBowl MVPs have been given to the DE of the winning team?

Welcome to the new Kansas City Chiefs, same as the old Kansas City Chiefs.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:26 PM 04-23-2019
You're not going to be aggressive shopping like a bitch.
[Reply]
O.city 03:27 PM 04-23-2019

Highest Average Paid #Chiefs

1. Frank Clark, $21.1M
2. Sammy Watkins, $16M
3. Tyrann Mathieu, $14M
4. Eric Fisher, $12M
5. Travis Kelce, $9.3Mhttps://t.co/FMP6hb7gEl

— Spotrac (@spotrac) April 23, 2019

There's quite a few on there that won't be around in 2/3 years.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:27 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You're gonna have guys like Fisher, LDT, Watkins, Hitchens etc being replaced with cheaper players. That's probably where you're money is going to come from.
Yeah don't forget Schwartz. So now you've effectively made our o line swiss cheese.
[Reply]
58-4ever 03:27 PM 04-23-2019
Anyone seen Chris Long on twitter today? He's been breaking down the move pretty well.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:28 PM 04-23-2019
:-) You laugh, but knowing "golden child"? That's probably the horse we would have rode out on.

You know what? I'm liking this trade more and more. In fact, the more I think about it, why not get two to three proven assets every year instead of going to the draft at all? We don't need those 4th, 5th, and 6th round scrubs, because our team ain't gonna' be nuthin' but PRIMO TALENT, BABY!

AND WHEN THAT CAP JUMPS UP TO 300 BILLION PER YEAR, BY GOD WE WILL BE THE GREATEST DYNASTY IN THE HISTORY OF TOASTED MARSHMALLOWS!
Dude, ONE DRAFT, in which he did not have a first round pick (because Mahomes), and he got a solid starter Nnadi, one other player who was a solid rotational player in Speaks (though out of position in a 3-4), Your probable starting Will in O'Daniel, an excellent returner/developmental corner in Smith, a Safety who was looking like a bonafide starter before injury in Watts, and you want to say he's a shit drafter?

We don't know yet. To proclaim all this bullshit you're spewing just makes you look like a reactionary fool.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 140
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Up