ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 43
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:01 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What are you going to do when they sign Baker AND draft a CB and don't draft a single OL or LB?

:-)
I don't know what Hog's gonna' do, but I'm gonna' stomp my foot and hold my breath until they win another SB.

:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:01 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's almost like clockwork that once Cam Erving joins a team's roster, tackles start dropping like flies.
My god, you're right. And no one has suspected him until you put the pieces together. We have to stop - oh, wait. He's a Cowboy. Let's pretend we never had this conversation.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:03 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
Personally I just want to win but why cut a dude for kicking an annoying bitch that was harassing him then sign an armed robber?
We didn't cut Kareem because he lightly tapped a dumb whore with his foot. We cut Kareem because he lied about the situation to the organization then the video was released.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:13 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I was thinking about this earlier and Baker makes sense. He will blend in unnoticed with all the characters we have in the team. We could invest more heavily in the OL next draft and not make the CB position a priority. Do your thing Veach.
My stance as well. Build the OL and tackles to protect our Patrick in the draft and continue future AFC dominance!
[Reply]
tredadda 08:14 PM 11-16-2020
After seeing what these defensive coaches have done for Ward, Fenton, and Snead imagine what they could do with this kid. KC should push hard for him.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:30 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
I for one didn't forget.
Never will regardless of the out come a year later against the team that signed him :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 08:34 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
After seeing what these defensive coaches have done for Ward, Fenton, and Snead imagine what they could do with this kid. KC should push hard for him.
Legendary secondary - I am all in on this one. Rebuild the OL in the draft and move forward. We have the base signed for the next 2 years or so. After that, we will have gone through 3 drafts before losing Fenton and Breeland. No worries.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:45 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
My stance as well. Build the OL and tackles to protect our Patrick in the draft and continue future AFC dominance!
Which is literally something Andy Reid has never done in his career.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../phi/draft.htm

In Philly, he drafted exactly two guards in the first round from 1999-2012, the latter of which was a massive bust. He took guard Bobbie Williams in the 2nd round of the 2000 draft.

The highest he'd ever taken a tackle was in the 2006 the second round in Winston Justice, outside of Eric Fisher, of course.

The bottom line is don't expect Reid to build an offensive line through the draft, especially with early round picks.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:48 PM 11-16-2020

In Philly, he drafted exactly two guards in the first round from 1999-2012, the latter of which was a massive bust. He took guard Bobbie Williams in the 2nd round of the 2000 draft.

The highest he'd ever taken a tackle was in the 2006 the second round in Winston Justice, outside of Eric Fisher, of course.

The bottom line is don't expect Reid to build an offensive line through the draft, especially with early round picks.
Hey just dreaming here man - of course that would never be the case. But the OL and tackle positions do need to be addressed.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:49 PM 11-16-2020

He traded a 1 for Jason Peters also.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:50 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
First of all we need to pick up the pace in this thread
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:51 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He traded a 1 for Jason Peters also.
Good catch - I'd forgotten about that trade.
[Reply]
Pants 08:51 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
Personally I just want to win but why cut a dude for kicking an annoying bitch that was harassing him then sign an armed robber?
Hunt was cut for repeatedly and adamantly lying to the team.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:55 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Hey just dreaming here man - of course that would never be the case. But the OL and tackle positions do need to be addressed.
Eric Fisher is in his prime and playing better than he has throughout his entire career. Schwartz has had some injury issues but unless he decides to retire, I don't see the Chiefs spending a high draft pick on a guy that's projected to sit on the bench for a while.

I can see them adding a guard and center after the 2nd round but I'd be surprised to see them spend premium picks on offensive lineman, not only because of his draft history but also because he just won a Super Bowl with a 6th round guard, a 7th round center and like their 6th Left Guard, who was picked up off the street late last season.

It should be clear to anyone that's followed the Chiefs since 2013 that Reid does not place a premium in the draft on offensive lineman. And had a Patrick Mahomes been available with the #1 overall pick in 2013, there's absolutely zero doubt that Reid would have chosen him over Fisher.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:02 PM 11-16-2020
Honestly I could see the Chiefs taking a WR if the right one falls in the first
[Reply]
Page 6 of 43
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up