ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry to visit NFL teams starting with the Cowboys
Iconic 05:45 PM 03-18-2019

Source: Former #Chiefs S and new free agent Eric Berry is visiting the #Cowboys on Tuesday. His first visit. They have a need there...

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 18, 2019

IMO needs its own thread, simply for the amount of butt hurt that will ensue lmao
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09:15 AM 03-24-2019
Not quite accurate. In an interview Dee Ford did for the local sports station here in Baltimore, he was very complimentary about the Chiefs, mentioned how Veach and Reid kept him and his agent in the loop about the whole trade thing and said, he understands it's a business. While he's happy with his new team, he's gonna miss being on the same team with Patrick Mahomes - said he was more than just a generational talent, he's a genuinely good guy as well as a great quarterback.

I didn't get the feeling Dee had any animosity toward the Chiefs at all

Originally Posted by Iconic:
Same thing I noticed. What's with our two biggest stars practically ignoring the fans with any acknowledgement. I thought maybe they'd do it after they sign somewhere else in a statement but Houston still hasn't.

There's clearly a lot of truth to the rumors. These guys weren't the happiest to be here.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:23 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
On a side note, has any other Chief that has left this year thanked the Chiefs for their time here?

https://twitter.com/mmorse61/status/...759904770?s=21

https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/...341240321?s=21

Houston & Berry haven't. I'm not sure about Dee Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chinaski 10:29 AM 03-24-2019
This was posted in another thread. Seems like MVPII was playing against 2 defenses last seasons. The opponents and the Chiefs.

“Some of the rumors that are filtering out if true make me lose some respect for Berry. Berry, Houston, Peters, Ford and Bailey grousing about offensive lineman getting extended before them. Sitting out of practice after being cleared to go. Ford blaming sutton for having to difficult a defensive scheme and just wanting to get after QB.

But most of all Berry after finally getting his payday granted a catastrophe immediately hops a plane to Tennessee is met at airport by press and criticized the Chiefs organization for taking to long.

Then on top all that gets team captain and does not show to OTAs along with Houston and Peters. Then the Haglands Berry is cleared by doctors to practice and play and told its a pain management issue. Wont practice then practices on Weds sets thursdays tells team friday he thinks he can go on game day. Shows up 8:45 days of games and says can go leaving very little time to change game planning. This happened more than a few times.

Sounds to me all the right people have been cleared out if true.”

Well if this is true, they can stick it where the sun don't shine. Good riddance.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:44 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
Not quite accurate. In an interview Dee Ford did for the local sports station here in Baltimore, he was very complimentary about the Chiefs, mentioned how Veach and Reid kept him and his agent in the loop about the whole trade thing and said, he understands it's a business. While he's happy with his new team, he's gonna miss being on the same team with Patrick Mahomes - said he was more than just a generational talent, he's a genuinely good guy as well as a great quarterback.

I didn't get the feeling Dee had any animosity toward the Chiefs at all
I wasn't referring to Ford. I said our two biggest stars aka Houston and Berry. They had contract disputes in the past that rumor has it sullied their relationship with the franchise.
[Reply]
Flying High D 12:33 PM 03-24-2019
Huge contracts and they want to pout. Oh my, how professional.
[Reply]
threebag 12:36 PM 03-24-2019
EB29 showed them the way

[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:45 PM 03-24-2019
On a side note, has any other Chief that has left this year thanked the Chiefs for their time here?

https://twitter.com/mmorse61/status/...759904770?s=21

https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/...341240321?s=21
Eric Berry hasn't used his Twitter since 2014.

Justin Houston's twitter for the last couple years has been almost entirely devoted to his own personal/charitable endeavors (and frankly seems managed).

Did you want them to take out a full page ad in the Star?

We can all agree that neither player ended on the most idealized terms with the organization, but I also don't think that Chiefs fans deserve some sort of thank-you and I don't feel the absence of one necessarily indicates that the players are ingrates.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 01:24 PM 03-24-2019
Berry is visiting teams because no team wants to take a chance on him at this point due to his NOT playing well the past couple of years, and his injuries.

He's going to have to prove to each team he visits that he is fit and ready to play.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:25 PM 03-24-2019
This was posted in another thread. Seems like MVPII was playing against 2 defenses last seasons. The opponents and the Chiefs.

“Some of the rumors that are filtering out if true make me lose some respect for Berry. Berry, Houston, Peters, Ford and Bailey grousing about offensive lineman getting extended before them. Sitting out of practice after being cleared to go. Ford blaming sutton for having to difficult a defensive scheme and just wanting to get after QB.

But most of all Berry after finally getting his payday granted a catastrophe immediately hops a plane to Tennessee is met at airport by press and criticized the Chiefs organization for taking to long.

Then on top all that gets team captain and does not show to OTAs along with Houston and Peters. Then the Haglands Berry is cleared by doctors to practice and play and told its a pain management issue. Wont practice then practices on Weds sets thursdays tells team friday he thinks he can go on game day. Shows up 8:45 days of games and says can go leaving very little time to change game planning. This happened more than a few times.

Sounds to me all the right people have been cleared out if true.”
Always wondered how Sutton's scheme is so difficult to understand when 90% of it is rush 4 and play vanilla man.
[Reply]
FAX 01:41 PM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Always wondered how Sutton's scheme is so difficult to understand when 90% of it is rush 4 and play vanilla man.
An excellent point.

FAX
[Reply]
Flying High D 03:18 PM 03-24-2019
Must of been that 10% that caused much confusion and brain drain. No wonder they ran the schemes they did. Anything else would of been mass confusion.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:21 PM 03-24-2019
And weren't there some quotes from other teams saying that it was easy to read?

I find that whole situation confusing. However, I do feel like the defense was underperforming the last couple of years relative to the talent on the team. I've kind of wondered if Sutton did something that offenses didn't expect, which was why his teams ranked well the first few years, but then once offenses figured it out, it was easy to beat. I have no idea if this is accurate or not, but it would at least be a logical explanation for why his defenses did well and then suddenly tanked.
[Reply]
FAX 03:25 PM 03-24-2019
It wasn't the scheme per se ... it was the names ...

The base defense was called, "Eleventy-Seven Heaven Leavening Estevan Even Leavin'."

FAX
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:59 PM 03-24-2019
Always wondered too but this was a consistent narrative throughout the entire season (e.g., "Why does Hitchens suck?" "Oh, he's hesitating because of the scheme's complexity) that the majority of people here embraced as a reason to get rid of Sutton. I don't think this is a new criticism that just sprung up when Sutton was fired.
[Reply]
arrwheader 04:45 PM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Well if this is true, they can stick it where the sun don't shine. Good riddance.

I forgot about the sitting out of OTAs and at the time I sort of shrugged because hey just show up on game day. But it sends kind of a lead from behind message from vets on your team doesn’t set a very good precedent.

Now that time has passed it seems like this and just the whole fuck you attitude Berry and Houston just seemed to have the last few years the Chiefs just had enough. I’m glad too the Berry situation last year was just embarrassing and distracting. Both of these guys just give me the feeling they really only gave a fuck about themselves and I think the Chiefs took a stand said enough.

It just had the look of the Chiefs did everything right by them. Paid them big contracts, let them set their own pace coming back from injury and they just seemed to take advantage. Glad we are done with that, on to the future!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up