ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bengals looking to trade John Ross
Dante84 12:52 PM 02-26-2019

Sources tell me the Cincinnati Bengals are hoping to trade receiver John Ross and will field offers during the combine. We'll have more tonight during our podcast.

— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) February 26, 2019

Wonder what the asking price is?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:33 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's not going to get a bunch of playing time here. If he wants to come here and get 1 or 2 targets a game, more power to him.
This. I dont really see a role for him here.
[Reply]
In58men 08:50 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
God no. Hill >Watkins>Robinson>Pringle>Ross
How is that going to look season?

I’d give up a 4th
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:59 AM 10-20-2020
A draft pick, even a late one at that--- no. I'd rather roll the dice on a late round guy on a 4-year cheap contract being a contributor on this team (even if just on special teams). We get Ross for one season, and then he can be lured away by any dipshit Broncos team who thinks they need speed at WR, even if that speed at WR can't play a lick.

No, I'm not saying Ross is going to demand a mega millions deal when he hits free agency. But to be honest, is the likelihood of him being a contributor to the team this season any worse off than Veach finding another Mike Danna in the 5th round? Or hell... how about a Nick Allegretti in the 7th? I think we'd all take a Nick Allegretti over this. Veach can find those guys in the back ends of the draft about as well as any other GM in the NFL.

Now... if we're talking a player-for-player swap? If the Bengals want a developmental player from our team, by all means, let's make the swap. Do they need to meet a quota for hiring people with disabilities? Send them Darwin Thompson. Bam. Deal done. Everybody's happy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:01 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
True, but get him in the room for a 2022 conditional pick.

Keep him in the room through the season. When it's time for free agency and people are offering zero money to any second-stringers, he'll want to stay.
That seems really useless to me. Why wouldn't they just keep the guys they have?

If he was free, that's one thing. You could probably get a comparable WR with that late-round pick at this point.

Ross is pretty broken.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:02 AM 10-20-2020
We must start an independent thread detailing all of this regarding Ross. Then (and only then) populate the thread to post counts exceeding 1,200 posts. This will get the deal done. Our only job is to decide if we actually want Ross or not.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:02 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
How is that going to look season?

I’d give up a 4th
Why?

This team has needs all over the field and a 4th round pick could be an OL or DL that could actually play.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:04 AM 10-20-2020
No
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
We must start an independent thread detailing all of this regarding Ross. Then (and only then) populate the thread to post counts exceeding 1,200 posts. This will get the deal done. Our only job is to decide if we actually want Ross or not.
Sorry man. I put in a good 400 posts across two Leveon Bell threads. I'm out on this one.

[Reply]
wazu 09:04 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ross wants a trade. And before you laugh, Peter King said the Chiefs were very interested in Henry Ruggs and always want to add more speed.

I could see Andy wanting Veach to give up a late rd pick for the guy. Still on his rookie deal.

Thank you for taking the time to find and add this to the John Ross trade megathread, rather than shitting up the Lounge with multiple John Ross trade threads.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
A draft pick, even a late one at that--- no. I'd rather roll the dice on a late round guy on a 4-year cheap contract being a contributor on this team (even if just on special teams). We get Ross for one season, and then he can be lured away by any dipshit Broncos team who thinks they need speed at WR, even if that speed at WR can't play a lick.

No, I'm not saying Ross is going to demand a mega millions deal when he hits free agency. But to be honest, is the likelihood of him being a contributor to the team this season any worse off than Veach finding another Mike Danna in the 5th round? Or hell... how about a Nick Allegretti in the 7th? I think we'd all take a Nick Allegretti over this. Veach can find those guys in the back ends of the draft about as well as any other GM in the NFL.

Now... if we're talking a player-for-player swap? If the Bengals want a developmental player from our team, by all means, let's make the swap. Do they need to meet a quota for hiring people with disabilities? Send them Darwin Thompson. Bam. Deal done. Everybody's happy.
:-)
[Reply]
In58men 09:05 AM 10-20-2020
Why?

This team has needs all of the field and a 4th round pick could be an OL or DL that could actually play.
I agree, but do you think D-Rob and Watkins will be here next year? We still gotta keep putting talent around Mahomes.

We’ll be getting Lucas Niang back next season too.

Saunders will be coming back as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:07 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
I agree, but do you think D-Rob and Watkins will be here next year? We still gotta keep putting talent around Mahomes.

We’ll be getting Lucas Niang back next season too.

Saunders will be coming back as well.
It really doesn't matter if DRob or Watkins will be here. John Ross is on the last year of his contract. HE will be gone after this year. If you're going to put money into FA, keeping DRob over Ross is a no-brainer.

And you can never have enough linemen, offensive or defensive. Having a couple of guys back isn't going to cut it when the injury bug bites again (like it always does).

If Ross were a free agent, that's one thing. You don't give up draft capital for a broken player, though. You just don't.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:11 AM 10-20-2020
I'd be down with sending the Bengals Ricky Seals-Jones or Darwin Thompson for Ross straight up.

That'd be the most I pay. I wouldn't pay a draft pick for reasons I discussed below. We need all of our backup OL at the moment, even the developmental guys, since they could be forced into duty at any time. We need all of our secondary players. All of our WRs are better than what Ross currently brings to the table (thinking special teams).

Normally I'd say send them Ben Niemann, but we all know that's not happening-- plus, we just plain don't have many LBs on the team at all.

That's the only way the team actually becomes better if we acquire Ross, in my opinion.
[Reply]
In58men 09:12 AM 10-20-2020
It really doesn't matter if DRob or Watkins will be here. John Ross is on the last year of his contract. HE will be gone after this year. If you're going to put money into FA, keeping DRob over Ross is a no-brainer.

And you can never have enough linemen, offensive or defensive. Having a couple of guys back isn't going to cut it when the injury bug bites again (like it always does).

If Ross were a free agent, that's one thing. You don't give up draft capital for a broken player, though. You just don't.
I didn’t think about Jon’s contract situation, definitely doesn’t make sense now lol.
[Reply]
In58men 09:13 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'd be down with sending the Bengals Ricky Seals-Jones or Darwin Thompson for Ross straight up.

That'd be the most I pay. I wouldn't pay a draft pick for reasons I discussed below. We need all of our backup OL at the moment, even the developmental guys, since they could be forced into duty at any time. We need all of our secondary players. All of our WRs are better than what Ross currently brings to the table (thinking special teams).

Normally I'd say send them Ben Niemann, but we all know that's not happening-- plus, we just plain don't have many LBs on the team at all.

That's the only way the team actually becomes better if we acquire Ross, in my opinion.
I can get behind this, but yeah no reason to give up draft capital.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up