ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Terez says "the Chiefs have done plenty of background on" Mahomes.
O.city 04:51 PM 03-24-2017
In typical CP fashion, I think we've overrated the fuck out of the QB's. I bet some of the top 4 guys are there in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:01 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
In typical CP fashion, I think we've overrated the **** out of the QB's. I bet some of the top 4 guys are there in the 2nd round.
Absolutely this.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:52 PM 03-24-2017
In typical CP fashion, I think we've overrated the **** out of the QB's. I bet some of the top 4 guys are there in the 2nd round.
Rodgers fell to 24
Derek Carr was a 2nd rd pick
Jamaal Charles was a 3rd rd pick

There's a lot of dumb fucks running teams in the NFL, but fortunately we aren't one of those teams anymore.

I trust John Dorsey. If he picks one early he should have the benefit of the doubt.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:22 AM 03-25-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rodgers fell to 24
Derek Carr was a 2nd rd pick
Jamaal Charles was a 3rd rd pick

There's a lot of dumb ****s running teams in the NFL, but fortunately we aren't one of those teams anymore.

I trust John Dorsey. If he picks one early he should have the benefit of the doubt.
Tyreek Hill fell to Rd 5 . He's 1st rd talent so there are obviously 32 dumbfuck teams.
[Reply]
TRR 07:57 AM 03-25-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Tyreek Hill fell to Rd 5 . He's 1st rd talent so there are obviously 32 dumb**** teams.
There is only one reason why Tyreek fell to the 5th round.

Analysts are down on this QB class because there isn't a player in the draft that is ready to start day one. Analysts want instant gratification in which to prove they were right or wrong about a prospect. KC is in a different place. Whether they were to pick Trubisky, Kizer, Watson or Mahomes; none of them will play in 2017. May not even play in 2018...that's what makes this QB draft class interesting (I may even say adventagious) for the Chiefs, and very bad for others.
[Reply]
ct 12:24 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by TRR:
Analysts are down on this QB class because there isn't a player in the draft that is ready to start day one. Analysts want instant gratification in which to prove they were right or wrong about a prospect. KC is in a different place. Whether they were to pick Trubisky, Kizer, Watson or Mahomes; none of them will play in 2017. May not even play in 2018...that's what makes this QB draft class interesting (I may even say adventagious) for the Chiefs, and very bad for others.
This is worth quoting and rereading.

Top qb draft prospects are not available @27, they are long gone in the top half of the 1st.

Talented QBs who have some Qs can last a couple rounds longer, but the true needy teams cant wait for that. We can.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:52 PM 03-24-2017
It's very possible.

All of these guys have warts...but the nice thing about the Chiefs situation is that a young QB wouldn't need to play right away.

He would have time to get ready to play and would step into a situation with a solid OL, great weapons on offense to pair with a defense/STs that not only limit opposing teams from scoring much, they score quite a bit themselves and set the kid up with great field position.

It's really an ideal situation for a QB and that 5th year option is HUGE.

Last years 27th overall pick only got a 4 year deal for 9.4m total...sure would be nice to upgrade at QB while also saving money.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:00 PM 03-24-2017
Mahomes will go higher than he probably should off pure talent and Trubisky looks the part of a first round QB.

The rest I can see falling to Friday or later.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:58 PM 03-24-2017
JFC.. Derek Carr is mentioned in the likes of Jamaal Charles and Aaron Rodgers.

:-)
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 03:34 PM 03-26-2017
I just don't see it.

Reid wanted a low risk,low reward character quarterback as HIS guys when he came to KC.

People now think that he is going to go for a boom/bust guy now?

I guess maybe he wanted to stabilize the team first.

It's just as likely that he just doesn't want a pain in the ass guy at QB that he has to worry about all the time.

Imo if Reid really goes for a QB in the draft it will be a more conservative pick.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:53 PM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
I just don't see it.

Reid wanted a low risk,low reward character quarterback as HIS guys when he came to KC.

People now think that he is going to go for a boom/bust guy now?

I guess maybe he wanted to stabilize the team first.

It's just as likely that he just doesn't want a pain in the ass guy at QB that he has to worry about all the time.

Imo if Reid really goes for a QB in the draft it will be a more conservative pick.
Pick the best QB. Not the one who best fits the "West Coast" offense.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:12 PM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
That goes hand in hand. If the QB cannot have success in the system he will not be "the best". There is a reason that teams bring in certain OC based on their QB.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:43 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
That goes hand in hand. If the QB cannot have success in the system he will not be "the best". There is a reason that teams bring in certain OC based on their QB.
What team has done that?
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 01:12 AM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Reid's teams with mcnabb moved the ball and he was the polar opposite of smith. So I think the playbook is big enough to take advantage of a different style qb than smith.Sadly I kind of agree with Laz that reid may not have the patience anymore to develop a young starter.
[Reply]
milkman 05:37 AM 03-29-2017
Why do people act like Reid is some old fart that lacks patience?

He's 58 years old, with plenty of time to develop a QB.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up