ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Chiefs clip the Eagles media dump thread****
O.city 08:46 AM 09-20-2017
If you're not gonna throw the out to Conley in the break, yo can't throw it. That's a pick 6 waiting to happen.
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 09-20-2017
Late throws outside the number aren't really a great idea
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you're not gonna throw the out to Conley in the break, yo can't throw it. That's a pick 6 waiting to happen.
Late throws outside the number aren't really a great idea
Ya don't say...

O.city's an evil dentist who gets drunk and goes and hangs out in closed bars during baseball games and even he gets it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ya don't say...

O.city's an evil dentist who gets drunk and goes and hangs out in closed bars during baseball games and even he gets it.
To be honest, I wasn't at the closed bar, I thought I was.

Easy mistake
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 09-20-2017
If you're gonna throw it to Wilson, it's gotta be early. Otherwise he's getting his clock cleaned. If Wilson catches it and dives upfield he could possibly get the first down.

More likely he runs backwards for no gain.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 09-20-2017
If you're gonna throw it to Wilson, it's gotta be early. Otherwise he's getting his clock cleaned. If Wilson catches it and dives upfield he could possibly get the first down.

More likely he runs backwards for no gain.
Exactly - gotta throw that on time or not at all.

And once Wilson (who's shockingly bad at driving upfield after the catch; not sure how I never noticed how much wasted movement he has as he catches the ball) spins the wrong way or stutter steps for no reason rather than just driving upfield and he gets brought down 3 yards short of the sticks, Clay starts going off about how Smith needed to throw Hill open or something equally inane.

It's amazing to me that Clay is calling out bad habits while simultaneously requesting that Smith have done his absolute WORST habit, which was throwing early and short of the marker on 3rd down.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 09-20-2017
Exactly - gotta throw that on time or not at all.

And once Wilson (who's shockingly bad at driving upfield after the catch; not sure how I never noticed how much wasted movement he has as he catches the ball) spins the wrong way or stutter steps for no reason rather than just driving upfield and he gets brought down 3 yards short of the sticks, Clay starts going off about how Smith needed to throw Hill open or something equally inane.

It's amazing to me that Clay is calling out bad habits while simultaneously requesting that Smith have done his absolute WORST habit, which was throwing early and short of the marker on 3rd down.
Probably.

I think smith could have stayed on Wilson a bit longer and the lb would have moved. He started to but then jumped back to hill.

I think it comes in time with experience but hill could have settled more to the MOF there to make a bigger lane
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 09-20-2017
Probably.

I think smith could have stayed on Wilson a bit longer and the lb would have moved. He started to but then jumped back to hill.

I think it comes in time with experience but hill could have settled more to the MOF there to make a bigger lane
Yeah, if there's a complaint it's that he could've sold the underneath route a little better. Just a shoulder fake might've been enough to get the bite since defenses are so used to driving on short routes against him.

Just a little bit of shoulder turn there by Smith and maybe that gets him the step he needed.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 09-20-2017
Yeah, if there's a complaint it's that he could've sold the underneath route a little better. Just a shoulder fake might've been enough to get the bite since defenses are so used to driving on short routes against him.

Just a little bit of shoulder turn there by Smith and maybe that gets him the step he needed.
Thats probably an effect from getting hit a lot. You could tell the clock was sped up for him after a bit and he was uncomfortable .

I was impressed with the eagles DL. It's really young and really good:
[Reply]
DaFace 08:57 AM 09-20-2017
Clay always seems like he has at least a little bit of a point when the team is struggling. When Alex performs well, though, it becomes clear pretty quickly that he has no idea what he's talking about.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:01 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Clay always seems like he has at least a little bit of a point when the team is struggling. When Alex performs well, though, it becomes clear pretty quickly that he has no idea what he's talking about.
That's a good point.

It's definitely a 'stopped clock' kind of thing. He's going to bitch and moan about everything anyway and when the team isn't playing well, they fall into whatever dour claims he was going to make about them anyway.

But when they're actually doing things well, he's still bitching and moaning and trying his same old tired saws and they just don't apply at all.

And he doesn't grasp it because, as you noted, he simply has no idea what he's yammering on about.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 AM 09-20-2017
That's a good point.

It's definitely a 'stopped clock' kind of thing. He's going to bitch and moan about everything anyway and when the team isn't playing well, they fall into whatever dour claims he was going to make about them anyway.

But when they're actually doing things well, he's still bitching and moaning and trying his same old tired saws and they just don't apply at all.

And he doesn't grasp it because, as you noted, he simply has no idea what he's yammering on about.
This just isn't true. I wasn't like this last week.

But when the offense is crap for a half and Smith inparticular can't get the team into the end zone for 3.5 quarters, yeah I'm gonna bitch.

An entire fucking game with only two third downs converted via the pass?

Sorry, not into that.

Feel free to lower your own standards.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:38 AM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:

He just throws out a bunch of numbers most of the time and usually the numbers are damaging to those bashing him.

People be like. Alex is god on 3rd down. Clay post stats. People well. He looked off someone so he's good.

Same shit, different year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:37 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
He just throws out a bunch of numbers most of the time and usually the numbers are damaging to those bashing him.

People be like. Alex is god on 3rd down. Clay post stats. People well. He looked off someone so he's good.

Same shit, different year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What the fuck are you babbling on about?

I mean sure, if Clay wants to argue against positions that nobody's actually made, he's welcome to shout at walls until his face turns blue. Please do find me the "Alex is God on 3rd down" crowd. No hurry - I'll wait.

Okay, having dispensed with that particular brand of bullshit straw man, how 'bout you acknowledge the fact that what you're doing here is actually projecting Clay's bullshit on the people that disagree with him. His numbers aren't damaging - they're non-sequiturs. And that's when they aren't just completely inane stats he's cherry picked for the purposes of buttressing a point that nobody's bothered to dispute.

That's what he does. Year after year. He finds a stat and that's his stat du jour (and "the only stat that really matters when you're talking about {insert player here}") and then if said player improves/gets worse at it the following year, he just pretends like he never said it and moves onto a new stat that is NOW the most important stat ever.

He's the living embodiment of the old "figures don't lie, but liars do figure" saw. And he compounds it by knowing absolutely nothing about what he's seeing, so he has no context by which to use his stats - he just works backwards; finding the stats he wants to support the conclusion he reached when some twitter mob told him what to believe.
[Reply]
Dartgod 04:13 PM 09-21-2017
What the **** are you babbling on about?

I mean sure, if Clay wants to argue against positions that nobody's actually made, he's welcome to shout at walls until his face turns blue. Please do find me the "Alex is God on 3rd down" crowd. No hurry - I'll wait.

Okay, having dispensed with that particular brand of bullshit straw man, how 'bout you acknowledge the fact that what you're doing here is actually projecting Clay's bullshit on the people that disagree with him. His numbers aren't damaging - they're non-sequiturs. And that's when they aren't just completely inane stats he's cherry picked for the purposes of buttressing a point that nobody's bothered to dispute.

That's what he does. Year after year. He finds a stat and that's his stat du jour (and "the only stat that really matters when you're talking about {insert player here}") and then if said player improves/gets worse at it the following year, he just pretends like he never said it and moves onto a new stat that is NOW the most important stat ever.

He's the living embodiment of the old "figures don't lie, but liars do figure" saw. And he compounds it by knowing absolutely nothing about what he's seeing, so he has no context by which to use his stats - he just works backwards; finding the stats he wants to support the conclusion he reached when some twitter mob told him what to believe.
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up