ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 48
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
PAChiefsGuy 10:25 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Berry? He's just another in a long line of guys who aren't good enough to get the job done.

Reid deserves to be viewed critically in this entire scenario. In my opinion he lost this team in the same manner Marty lost his last team. By not drafting and developing their own leaders in the locker room.
Berry is a Pro Bowl player and arguably the best safety in the league when healthy. To say he is not good enough to get the job done is idiotic and shows how much of an idiot you are.

It's a team game. You can't expect Berry to play every position on defense. He absolutely is good enough to win a SB.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:23 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
There are no leaders on this team.

If there were, this would have been dealt with.

Honestly, the Chiefs haven't had an on fieldleader since ... hell... I couldn't even say when. Probably Super Joe. He was the last guy who delivered.

The franchise has always looked to outsiders (witness the long history of outsiders, both coaches and players) for leadership. Until we grow our own, this shit will happen.

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy ****ing Reid is the primary cancer cell.
They don't have vocal team leaders. But I think Houston and Berry have often put him in his place. Sure I agree that I wish I had a Ray Lewis to smack sense into him. There are lots of things Andy Reid should have done better. But I think this all could have been avoided with better leadership up top with Clark Hunt. It sounds like he never addressed the anthem protests until midseason. And during that time, just a long line of typical robotic canned Chiefs' responses. They could have demonstrated they had Peters' back while stopping the protests earlier. They didn't. And yes, I think that was the powderkeg that set this whole damn spiral in motion.
[Reply]
srvy 09:30 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They don't have vocal team leaders. But I think Houston and Berry have often put him in his place. Sure I agree that I wish I had a Ray Lewis to smack sense into him. There are lots of things Andy Reid should have done better. But I think this all could have been avoided with better leadership up top with Clark Hunt. It sounds like he never addressed the anthem protests until midseason. And during that time, just a long line of typical robotic canned Chiefs' responses. They could have demonstrated they had Peters' back while stopping the protests earlier. They didn't. And yes, I think that was the powderkeg that set this whole damn spiral in motion.
Do tell us how you know this or is this song in your head because you want it to be. It sounds is nothing more than a wild hair.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:21 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
Do tell us how you know this or is this song in your head because you want it to be. It sounds is nothing more than a wild hair.
The article in the other thread said that hunt at one point asked him to stop and explained why so he stopped. There are plenty of interviews where Reid has said Peters asked him permission to kneel,and Reid allowed it
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 12:17 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
This wouldn't bother me if it were an isolated incident. Emotions run high on teams that are circling the drain like the Chiefs are, there's probably finger-pointing going on in the locker room, there are probably arguments that happen that the public never knows about. But since this is part of a degenerative pattern with Peters this year, it's concerning.

Players like this really need some leadership, from the coaching staff, veterans, someone - but it seems there is none to be found.
58,000 posts and I’ve never seen your name. You must’ve been ousted for speaking sensically. Thank you.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:24 PM 12-09-2017
Peters is more Belcher than Brady
[Reply]
tooge 11:36 PM 12-09-2017
The body rots from the head down.

Look at Reid's family situation over the years. The guy coddles and then can't deal with spoiled kids/players. It's sad really. Peterson was a mess coming out of college. He needs a Belichick sort of coach, not a Reid coach.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:30 AM 12-10-2017
They ain't throwing Peters way but they sure are running his way which is apart of his job.
[Reply]
Black Bob 09:19 AM 12-10-2017
This isn't going to work out with Peters. Not sure it will work out with Kelce either. Neither seem to be team first guys. I don't think either will be chiefs for life and I'm Good with it.

Doing the crap peters has done is not good for the team any way you spin It. He just really needs to get his ass kicked and maybe he would change? I Hope it comes to that if his attitude continues. Where you at Justin Houston? Beat him to a pulp and video him crying after. The crying will happen for sure. Things will change after that.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:35 AM 12-10-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
This isn't going to work out with Peters. Not sure it will work out with Kelce either. Neither seem to be team first guys. I don't think either will be chiefs for life and I'm Good with it.

Doing the crap peters has done is not good for the team any way you spin It. He just really needs to get his ass kicked and maybe he would change? I Hope it comes to that if his attitude continues. Where you at Justin Houston? Beat him to a pulp and video him crying after. The crying will happen for sure. Things will change after that.
Yeah, "where's the leadership?" is a good question.

This kind of thing doesn't happen in New England, or Pittsburgh, or other places with long term winning traditions.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:29 PM 12-11-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Another stupid as fuck football take from Bob.

Kelce is not a selfish player and he already signed through 2021. He signed a 5 year extension this off season.

You don't have the market on bad football takes cornered but you certainly are one of the biggest sellers.
[Reply]
wazu 09:24 AM 12-10-2017
Marcus Peters defines the term “team cancer”.
[Reply]
FringeNC 12:48 PM 12-11-2017
Hopefully, Peters will play well enough down the stretch that he has some trade value.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:59 PM 12-11-2017
I'm still shaking with anger at the "Berry isn't good" hot take.

Set your nuts on fire and put it out with gasoline.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:19 PM 01-07-2018
Apparently Peters got into it with a Chiefs PR guy after the game. Reid was asked about it at his press conference. Seems like it was pretty a pretty heated exchange...

Link to the press conference, he's asked about it at 17:22.

http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...f-6d97c29d615e
[Reply]
Page 6 of 48
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up