ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**Happy Juneteenth**
Rasputin 06:53 AM 06-19-2024
What are you doing to celebrate this new Federal holiday?

What's on the dinner menu?

Did you get the day off or got to work and collect holiday pay?

Happy Juneteenth :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
loochy 11:42 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by tooge:
I don’t really understand Juneteenth as far as having its own holiday. I mean, we already have Black History Month which I think is a good thing. I’m an American so I celebrate Independence Day July 4. If you are not or we’re not a slave, then I don’t understand supporting, a day where slaves were freed. Most of us regardless of race come from ancestors that at some point were slaves. I don’t need to celebrate anything I wasn’t part of.

IMO, Juneteenth is more worthy of a holiday than Columbus Day and Labor Day, just to name two.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:42 AM 06-19-2024
I don’t really understand Juneteenth as far as having its own holiday. I mean, we already have Black History Month which I think is a good thing. I’m an American so I celebrate Independence Day July 4. If you are not or we’re not a slave, then I don’t understand supporting, a day where slaves were freed. Most of us regardless of race come from ancestors that at some point were slaves. I don’t need to celebrate anything I wasn’t part of.
It was pushed heavily after Floyd in 2020.

Gives me another day off work. :-)
[Reply]
tooge 11:43 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's just a holiday man. Nobody is forcing you to celebrate. You either get a day off, or you go to work per usual :-)
Agreed. Like I said, I don’t see any reason to celebrate it but if others want to that’s fine by me.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:44 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
IMO, Juneteenth is more worthy of a holiday than Columbus Day and Labor Day, just to name two.
Labor Day, sure.

Columbus Day, no. We aren't here without Columbus' expedition. It changed the world forever.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:45 AM 06-19-2024
I just think a small part of Juneteenth should be about acknowledging that it took a lot of white people, and particularly dead white people, for all of this to happen.

I know talking about white people positively in any historical context is taboo, but at least part of the celebration should be a message of unity, that it took both races coming together to end slavery.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:45 AM 06-19-2024
Although I enjoy Thanksgiving, it is an absolutely meaningless holiday.
[Reply]
loochy 11:47 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Although I enjoy Thanksgiving, it is an absolutely meaningless holiday.

What? It's a day to think about and give thanks for what we have and I think that is an absolutely wonderful premise for a holiday.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:47 AM 06-19-2024
I just think a small part of Juneteenth should be about acknowledging that it took a lot of white people, and particularly dead white people, for all of this to happen.

I know talking about white people positively in any historical context is taboo, but at least part of the celebration should be a message of unity, that it took both races coming together to end slavery.
Yup.

The reparations are the 300,000 dead Union soldiers.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:48 AM 06-19-2024
So the descendents of slaves have no right to have this day celebrated?? Smh the sad thing is though the folks of America never changed their devilish ways even after this day was achieved. The majority remained as evil as ever.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:49 AM 06-19-2024
What? It's a day to think about and give thanks for what we have and I think that is an absolutely wonderful premise for a holiday.
That's what it is now, but that wasn't how it originated.
[Reply]
George Liquor 11:51 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So the descendents of slaves have no right to have this day celebrated?? Smh the sad thing is though the folks of America never changed their devilish ways even after this day was achieved. The majority remained as evil as ever.
Probably better stop interacting with us and leave this board forever and cease watching our sport.

Fag
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:52 AM 06-19-2024

[Reply]
loochy 11:52 AM 06-19-2024

:-) Well I think slavery was a pretty shitty thing, so the ending of that practice here is worthy of celebration and remembrance.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:53 AM 06-19-2024

Looks like UChieffy won't accept anything other than AWAB.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:54 AM 06-19-2024
So saying Angel Reese should "dribble a watermelon basket ball" of which he posted a picture of one is a "joke"?? Feck off :-)
Wait so you think he was serious?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up