ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Justice Department sues Ticketmaster and owner Live Nation, alleging illegal monopoly
scho63 06:54 AM 05-24-2024
CNBC just had a young idiot DEI hire on to talk about the lawsuit and she couldn't answer any questions about quantifying the damage.

All she did was say "This is the beginning, not the end. There will be discovery."

So once again, a charge seeking a crime.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:26 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
CNBC just had a young idiot DEI hire on to talk about the lawsuit and she couldn't answer any questions about quantifying the damage.

All she did was say "This is the beginning, not the end. There will be discovery."

So once again, a charge seeking a crime.
You want to say black. Just say black.
[Reply]
scho63 06:59 AM 05-24-2024
I'll also make a prediction:

IF they succeed in breaking up Live Nation and TicketMaster, within 5-10 years the combined market share and control of the market from the two entities will be much greater than today.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:34 AM 05-24-2024
Just spent $100 in ticket fees for myself
[Reply]
scho63 08:52 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
How many tickets and what was the base price of the tickets?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:02 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Enjoy your complementary box of Barefoot Moscato!
[Reply]
scho63 08:54 AM 05-24-2024
Door Dash and Uber fees as a percentage are much higher.
[Reply]
scho63 09:17 AM 05-24-2024
Wow look at me, I can meme.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:25 AM 05-24-2024
It's not a monopoly in legal terms. It's like people arguing that Walmart is a monopoly. You have other choices in the marketplace. Artists have other venues they can choose in a market. You don't have to play Sprint Center - you can play Arrowhead, Kauffman, Sandstone, or even Joe's neighborhood bar. The fees are bullshit and almost racketeering but legally it's okay. I just don't see much of a case legally. Shitty business practices but not much from a legal standpoint.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:49 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It's not a monopoly in legal terms. It's like people arguing that Walmart is a monopoly. You have other choices in the marketplace. Artists have other venues they can choose in a market. You don't have to play Sprint Center - you can play Arrowhead, Kauffman, Sandstone, or even Joe's neighborhood bar. The fees are bullshit and almost racketeering but legally it's okay. I just don't see much of a case legally. Shitty business practices but not much from a legal standpoint.
Based on what I've read, seems like the main thought is they've broken the merger agreement (under "Behavioral Remedies")...
https://www.justice.gov/atr/speech/t...ee-perspective

..seems like they were basically calling out the fact they were playing with fire by allowing the merger in the first place, with some guidelines on how to play nice, and they think it's been ignored.
[Reply]
scho63 09:50 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Based on what I've read, seems like the main thought is they've broken the merger agreement (under "Behavioral Remedies")...
https://www.justice.gov/atr/speech/t...ee-perspective

..seems like they were basically calling out the fact they were playing with fire by allowing the merger in the first place, with some guidelines on how to play nice, and they think it's been ignored.
Valid argument.
[Reply]
morphius 09:53 AM 05-24-2024
About the only hope is getting them for controlling the talent and what venues they can use and how they control what gets back to the talent, especially with their "loans". But it is hard to find companies that haven't earned distaste more than these.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:28 PM 05-24-2024
So I read that the Live Nation/TM industrial complex owns 50 of the 60 amphitheaters in the US. If you are an artist too big for clubs and too small for arenas/stadiums you don't have other choices.

You have to enter long term contracts with Live Nation or you don't have an appropriate size venue to play at.

Even the 10 other sites have to play by TM's rules or they might get black listed and not be able to book artists.
[Reply]
scho63 09:39 AM 05-24-2024
How about Liberal?
Anti-business?
Woke?
Young female like Lina Khan over at the FTc who hates Amazon?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:41 AM 05-24-2024
Just how big of a stockholder are you in Live Nation, scho?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up