ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mecole back
blake5676 07:48 AM 06-06-2024

Veteran WR Mecole Hardman is re-signing with the #Chiefs on a one-year deal, per source.

A hero in Super Bowl LVIII after a brief stint with the #Jets, Hardman is back in Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/xiA5p0svq8

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) June 6, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 09:38 AM 06-06-2024
It also speaks to how much the Chiefs are trying to get back to having a ton of speed on the outside.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:43 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Back again?
He's like the Red Woman in Game of Thrones. Would it be bad to call him "The Red Woman"? How about "Melisandre Hardman"?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It adds depth and competition, this is basically a way to make dudes like Skyy Moore have to actually make the team.
Yup.

I mean you have 1-4 all but set in stone (Rice, Brown, Worthy and Watson) with Hardman being pretty likely at 5. If we carry 6, it won't be out of desperation like last season - it will be because one of those guys forced us to do so.

And we definitely won't be carrying 7. Not when so few of them can do coverage work and STs are going to be more important this year. We'll need another S or LBer on the roster.

So we might carry 6 if Toney or Moore force their way onto the team. And hell, it may be that even Remigio has something to say about that (he looked better in limited opportunities last pre-season than Moore's ever looked).

Depth is never a bad thing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:45 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Hmmm. That's weird. I actually think playing with low football IQ has been a very regular part of his game.

Forget muffing that punt. Or fumbling through the end zone (after fumbling earlier in the game as well). We saw Hardman field a punt at the goal line this past season.

He plays dumb. That's probably never going to change. But there's some stuff he does really well so I have no problem whatsoever bringing him back.
And everyone else, for that matter.

I think that's a Toub thing. I think he asks his guys to be very aggressive on that decision and if you're telling your returners to be aggressive, it doesn't take much for them to go from aggressive to foolish.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And everyone else, for that matter.

I think that's a Toub thing. I think he asks his guys to be very aggressive on that decision and if you're telling your returners to be aggressive, it doesn't take much for them to go from aggressive to foolish.
Considering the amount of dudes who came out 7 yards deep etc, it's a Toub thing.
[Reply]
neech 09:49 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Keep Toney, cut Skyy.
I agree, Toney can be effective sometimes and he has speed.

Use him for kick offs perhaps and gadget plays. Use him to stretch the field so the safeties have to play back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:49 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I don’t. Toney has the talent to produce, Moore hasn’t shown that ever.
Exactly.

Skyy has simply never shown NFL ability.

Toney has, when he doesn't have his head up his ass.

If either of those guys is going to be a meaningful NFL contributor, you bet on the one with more talent. And Toney absolutely laps Moore (twice) in that regard. It's not even a close question.

Everything Moore does, Toney does better. He's better in short areas, better in space, better after the catch, quicker with his release, better route runner, better catch rate/radius. He's simply a significantly better football player.

Unless Moore has fundamentally transformed himself this off-season, he's gone. Because he's never shown a thing to suggest he should be on an NFL roster. He's a draft status show-pony and little else. Were he a 7th round pick, he wouldn't have made the team last year.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:50 AM 06-06-2024
Justyn Ross is very sad today.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by morphius:
It is kind of disappointing, cause you'd like to have your WR room good enough that we don't need a guy that struggles running good routes, but here we are again.
You think there are a slew of teams out there with better 5th WRs than Mecole Hardman?

There aren't.

This is what you get from the back of your roster. It's not indicative of a poor WR room - it's just reality.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:52 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'd be interested to see if Toney doesn't get used out of the backfield as well. He had a few carries this season from there.
I think that's going to be his main role. It's the easiest way to get the ball in his hands.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 06-06-2024
UDFAs don't get much of a shot.

In that Chargers game, he had one. Early on, Gabbert was feeding him. And he just didn't do anything with it.

Any small opening is a crack a guy like Ross has to burst through and it just didn't happen.

So maybe he sticks on the practice squad and injuries or suspension open the door for him again. But when he and Hardman were on roughly equal footing in that game, Hardman went 6/77 and Ross gave us 2 for 17 (about what Richie James did on 2 more targets).

It was an opening. Not a Skyy Moore sized blind-spot, but an opportunity. And he didn't get it done. If you get 11 targets in an entire season and drop 2 of them (like he did against the Vikings), well...shit happens, I guess.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 09:54 AM 06-06-2024
Justyn Ross should go to the UFL
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You think there are a slew of teams out there with better 5th WRs than Mecole Hardman?

There aren't.

This is what you get from the back of your roster. It's not indicative of a poor WR room - it's just reality.
Here's what I have never understood.

"Our room isn't as good as others, our 5th wr sucks".

Well, shit how many teams have a good 5th wr?
[Reply]
Bowser 10:02 AM 06-06-2024
As of June 6, 2024 -

- Hollywood Brown
- Rashee Rice
- Xavier Worthy
- Justin Watson
- Mecole Hardman
- Skyy Moore
- Kadarius Toney
- Cornell Powell
- Nikko Remigio
- Justyn Ross
- Montrell Washington
- Phillip Brooks (?)
- Jaaron Hayek (?)

Guys, this is a strong receiver room. We all have complaints with various players here, and deservedly in most cases. But take the top six out of that list and have them active against the Ravens Week 1, and that's the best wide receiver depth we've had since the Tyreek/Watkins/Robinson/Conley days.

Veach has built that group up to respectable levels without dropping a Devante Admas or higher contract on any of them. In this era having a generational QB taking up the percentage of the cap that he does, it's remarkable we have the talent and position at receiver that we do.

We'll. Be. Fine. Even if Hardman is on the 53 week 1.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:03 AM 06-06-2024
I see everybody is plugging in Watson automatically to make this team.

Interesting, wouldn't you say, dlphg?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up