Nzoner's Game Room>Top 5 Chiefs Entering Contract Years in 2024
cmh6476 08:02 AM 06-23-2024
https://kckingdom.com/posts/top-5-ch...4-01j0xnwhd5wc

1. Creed Humphrey
2. Nick Bolton
3. Justin Reid
4. Trey Smith
5. Harrison Butker

They all take hometown discounts to keep winning Super Bowls and we good? We draft/ find cost effective league vets to replace them and keep winning Super Bowls? They all leave and we're doomed? Somewhere in the middle of all of that?

Those are definitely five guys that will be disappointing to see go if the business side of things dictates as much.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:27 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Any other kicker and we lose the game.

Pay him.

I don’t care if he wants $10 million, you pay him. It’s not even a question.
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 AM 06-24-2024
Said center sets all the protections for our pass happy offense. I'd imagine that's reason enough to keep him.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:02 AM 06-24-2024
Bolton is so highly spoken of by Steve Spagnuolo that I don't think we're letting him walk.

Creed is a brick house who sometimes forgets how to hike the football, but his chemistry with his QB you don't walk away from.

Reid is great, but I could see one year deal after this year kinda territory.

Smith would have to have a shutdown, destroy your opponent kinda year to extend him too, but with the Guard market being the way it is, he gone.

Butker has been amazing, but he's a kicker, likely he's out like Tommy.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:03 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No but no Andy Reid offense should not ever want the best center in the game if it ALSO MEANS they have to pay him like he's one. We don't play football like the Philadelphia Eagles. We pass the ball more than any team in the NFL. We use a finesse running game. We never, ever lineup under center on short yardage and barely ever do it anyway. We have no smashmouth running game. We have no bruising RBs. We never and I mean never do a QB sneak. Paying a premium for that position is simply a bad use of resources when there is a finite amount to go around.

We've moved on from our last two great centers and we are going to do it again.
Quickest way to a QB is up the middle. The center does more than just snap the ball. They are the QB of the line and I like having the best center in the league protecting #15.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:06 AM 06-24-2024
Think you keep: Bolton and Creed or Smith, you can not let both go. One new person along the line is fine no way you lose 2 guys up the middle.

Butker is going to have to sign at a team discount or unfotunately he is gone. One of his biggest strengths was the kickoffs automatically out of the end zone.... that does not appear to be a thing anymore.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:07 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Bolton is so highly spoken of by Steve Spagnuolo that I don't think we're letting him walk.

Creed is a brick house who sometimes forgets how to hike the football, but his chemistry with his QB you don't walk away from.

Reid is great, but I could see one year deal after this year kinda territory.

Smith would have to have a shutdown, destroy your opponent kinda year to extend him too, but with the Guard market being the way it is, he gone.

Butker has been amazing, but he's a kicker, likely he's out like Tommy.
He’s not just a kicker though. People who devalue him because we have Mahomes need to go back and look at how many game tying/game winning FGs he has hit for this team in the playoffs. He is easily in the top 3 most valuable players on this roster throughout this dynasty. He and Townsend are not even in the same conversation regarding worth to this team.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:25 AM 06-24-2024
I think creed stays because center isn’t terribly overpriced and hes one of mahomes’ boys. No question butker stays. The other 3, it wouldn’t shock me if all 3 aren’t back. These are just sadly those positions you should be able to draft a revolving door.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:28 AM 06-24-2024
We’ve really seen the importance of kickers skyrocket as the gap widens between the best and the worst in the league. The bills are a very important lesson on why you never take a clutch kicker for granted.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:30 AM 06-24-2024
If Creed doesn't have a few bad snaps in the super bowl there wouldn't even be a question. Personally I think its a non concern. Andy even said its a non concern. He was banged up a little and changed his snap style from the years before. For me Butker and Creed are automatic. Bolton has a ceiling and so does what I'd be willing to pay him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:35 AM 06-24-2024
Top points getters among kickers in 2023. This might be the most underwhelming list we’ve seen in ages:
Aubrey - great but small sample size
Tucker - elite
Jason myers - inconsistent
Butker - elite
Santos - is he dependable?
Matt gay - terribly inconsistent
Grupe - not great
Jason sanders - recently meh
Dicker the kicker - solid
[Reply]
penguinz 08:36 AM 06-24-2024
When was the last time KC payed a center? I can't recall any that have been given premium extensions since Andy has been HC.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:50 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Think you keep: Bolton and Creed or Smith, you can not let both go. One new person along the line is fine no way you lose 2 guys up the middle.

Butker is going to have to sign at a team discount or unfotunately he is gone. One of his biggest strengths was the kickoffs automatically out of the end zone.... that does not appear to be a thing anymore.
KC replaced the entire line except for the LG and did just fine.

Butkers strength is Field Goals are basically automatic from 45+ yards. If he remains consistent at FG then his value will continue to increase.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:52 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He’s not just a kicker though. People who devalue him because we have Mahomes need to go back and look at how many game tying/game winning FGs he has hit for this team in the playoffs. He is easily in the top 3 most valuable players on this roster throughout this dynasty. He and Townsend are not even in the same conversation regarding worth to this team.
Anyone who says Butker is out is likely a waterhead. The dude is clutch, has a monster leg and is responsible repeatedly for huge clutch kicks in the most important games.

They're not starting over at kicker, they're not going to try to save a few bucks at the kicker position. They're signing him. It needs to happen sooner rather than later and will likely be at least a 5 year deal.

Butker
Bolton
Creed
In that order of importance.

Smith is gone. Reid is likely gone given all our investments at Safety the last few years.

I feel like this is all obvious. I honestly don't know how anyone can see it any other way. Thuney is cut next year. Karlaftis and McDuffie get done the following year. Watson and Williams likely walk that year too.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:56 AM 06-24-2024
We saved money on the punter because we are going to pay our kicker. It’s a wash.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:57 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We’ve really seen the importance of kickers skyrocket as the gap widens between the best and the worst in the league. The bills are a very important lesson on why you never take a clutch kicker for granted.
Tyler Bass gave the Bills a gift as far as I'm concerned. The Bills were going to lose that game no matter what. Even if they tie it, you're going to seriously stop Mahomes and a kicker like Butker who can drill 57-yarders on wobbly holds?

Instead of losing because Mahomes bested Allen once again, they can now blame their playoff loss on an idiot kicker and even weave him into the rich tapestry of their wide right history. Yes, Mahomes was still the better QB that day (as he was in the 13 second game no matter what Dan Orlovsky morons will say) and the Chiefs are obviously superior to the Bills, but now the Bills can do the "woe is us, our kicker fucked it up again!" sob story and people will still feel sympathetic towards them instead of, "You're just not as good as them."
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up