Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Florio crying about Pats contract
ChiefsHawk 11:52 AM 05-02-2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGGUslBDw9A
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:21 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
People bring up Tom Brady taking a pay cut like he did something great for the team. No he did it for himself because his wife was a Gabillionaire
That and the Patriots had to rely on Free Agency because Belicheat couldn’t draft talent for shit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:22 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Florio doesn’t bother to actually do the research. Yes moron he’s made $63 million in cash flow his first 3 years.

Care to guess what that number goes to in the next 3 years Florio? $186 million.

So Patrick is making $123 million in cash flow the next 3 years.

But he won’t say this bc he has to make content to bitch
So it's news because Clark had a recent press conference. I get why it's a topic.

But Cowherd addressed the same comments by Clark. And he doesn't give a fucking shit about it. He called it a "cheat code" but that was as a compliment. He's applauding the franchise and Mahomes. And yes, the title is one of those computer generated clickbait things that auto-pirates content from sports shows, but the actual Cowherd channel chose not to put that particular segment up on Youtube:

Florio had a choice, and he chose Option B for Bitch.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:32 PM 05-02-2023
Such a strange thing to obsess about for a guy in his position. (Yes, CH had the presser, but Florio has been talking shit on Mahomes’ contract since the beginning.) Then again, he is one to do more than his fair share of virtue signaling on political issues and player issues. He also has a tendency to carry-on about things, especially when the news cycle is slow. I guess you have to provide some sort of content for your customers. But this obsession just seems especially weird. Hey dumbass: PM & the team are both happy with the contract. The team acknowledges that it will be reworked at some point. Stop trying to create fake drama for our team in order to advance your personal interests.

S-T-F-U !!!!!
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:34 PM 05-02-2023
These media faggots need to shut the fuck up about pats contract.

2022 was literally the first year of the extension.

That local kc kook that works for espn kept bringing it up in pre-draft and post-draft media.

“When do you guys revisit Patricks contract after seeing what hurts and Allen got?”

We revisit it when we are more than 10% of the fucking way through it.

Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:35 PM 05-02-2023
Has there ever been a city more in the head of a national media person (or whatever you consider Florio)? For like the past 10 years, starting with the Royals, this guy just constantly whines about us. It's both funny and sad.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:43 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Has there ever been a city more in the head of a national media person (or whatever you consider Florio)? For like the past 10 years, starting with the Royals, this guy just constantly whines about us. It's both funny and sad.
We had Lacanfora pretty salty for a number of years. That was fun.
[Reply]
Shields68 04:44 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I realize that we have great contract writers and it helps us, but I kind of wish the NFL would set rules that all contracts have to be X years at Y dollars per year. Building a team should be more about talent acquisition than creative contract writing.
It would make a lot more sense, but the players association and owners both like the extra cap space the creative contracts provide.
[Reply]
Shields68 04:47 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Such a strange thing to obsess about for a guy in his position. (Yes, CH had the presser, but Florio has been talking shit on Mahomes’ contract since the beginning.) Then again, he is one to do more than his fair share of virtue signaling on political issues and player issues. He also has a tendency to carry-on about things, especially when the news cycle is slow. I guess you have to provide some sort of content for your customers. But this obsession just seems especially weird. Hey dumbass: PM & the team are both happy with the contract. The team acknowledges that it will be reworked at some point. Stop trying to create fake drama for our team in order to advance your personal interests.

S-T-F-U !!!!!
It is also very telling about his character. Your worth is based on where your contract ranks.... You need to take a team for every last dollar you can get...
[Reply]
kcmulhurn 04:53 PM 05-02-2023
Off season bullshit.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:58 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
As long as the Chiefs are serious contenders for Superbowls, you won't hear Patrick Mahomes bitching about money.

Hes already stated if you make the money he's making and you're somehow not happy, there's something wrong with you.

Money isn't what he's after. It's winning.
Amen and AMEN !!!
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:58 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I realize that we have great contract writers and it helps us, but I kind of wish the NFL would set rules that all contracts have to be X years at Y dollars per year. Building a team should be more about talent acquisition than creative contract writing.
I'm not sure how free agency makes sense in that world.

Although I think perhaps the NFL should think about capping the amount of years and/or guarantees that players can get.

While I think it's great to see Denver screw themselves over with the Russ contract, it's not really good for the fans or the league to let franchises bury themselves too deep.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:00 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
As long as the Chiefs are serious contenders for Superbowls, you won't hear Patrick Mahomes bitching about money.

Hes already stated if you make the money he's making and you're somehow not happy, there's something wrong with you.

Money isn't what he's after. It's winning.
We are soooooooo blessed to have a "very old soul" (mature) young QB who knows what is really important.:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 05:00 PM 05-02-2023
Honestly Mahomes knew and admitted as such when he signed that he knew he would be eclipsed on a yearly salary very quickly. He did it because he wants to win SBs and he will make more off the field. He has shown a model that works (that Brady started) which is why you are starting to see two camps of QBs. You have the “get paid but provide flexibility” camp that has Mahomes, Allen, and Hurts in it. In the other you have the “maximize what you can while you can” camp which currently has Rodgers, Jackson, and Watson (Herbert and Burrow remain the wildcards). Smart money in my opinion has the first camp winning more combined SBs over the course of their careers.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:01 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yeah it's annoying as fuck. He won't :-) about it. The metric he uses is bullshit. Basically, if Pat doesn't re-up his contract every three years to stay on top of the market, the Chiefs are cheap.

Pat is going to get paid again, everyone and their momma knows he's gonna get a salary bump, likely after Burrow and Herbert get paid.

If the goal is to argue for the player, pay him more for the sake of being in line with market value, why the fuck would they do it BEFORE Herbert and Burrow's contract?
Veach should reup his contract before Burrow, and Herbert and really make their teams have to pay out more!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:07 PM 05-02-2023
Interpretation...... Mahomes is being paid and the Chiefs are still able to put enough talent around him to win a Superbowl. Now the other young quarterbacks are getting paid. We need to put the pressure on for the Chiefs to pay Mahomes even more or they may win every Superbowl for the next ten years.

I mean, otherwise, why the hell would he or anyone else care??
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up