ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Message for our visiting Brown fans
Pants 12:03 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
It really is a slow build up. I saw it last week. The beginning of the week, after winning week 17, it was "we barely beat their back ups. We have no chance against their starters. But hey, we havent been to the playoffs in 18 years, so this is cool!"

To; "OMG, Stefanski, Bitonio, No Ward? No Hodge? we are ****ED!"

To- "WE WON, OMG, **** YOU STEELERS! **** JUJU, **** CLAYPOOL, **** EVERYONE IN YOUR INCESTED 3 TEETH BETWEEN THE 27 OF YOU YINZER BASTARDS!"

To the start of this week: "Its the Chiefs, on the road, we are going to get killed. But hey, we made the playoffs, we won a playoff game against big brother, losing to the Chiefs wont be so bad!"

To today: "You know what? The Chiefs werent that impressive down the stretch, and you know Mahomes hasnt played in a few weeks, and didnt look great against the Falcons. HELL YEAH WE CAN WIN THIS!"

Meanwhile, I am sitting here realizing that Andy Reid is phenomenal after a bye when he has time to prepare. Mahomes is flat out not losing to Baker Mayfield, and we are a team that is awful against the pass, and the Chiefs have a track team at wide receiver, and Travis Kelce who might be the best Tight End to ever play the game. I have no delusions about this weekend.
Wait, what? IDK why but I always thought you were a 49ers fan. Must be confusing you with someone else.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:18 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Wait, what? IDK why but I always thought you were a 49ers fan. Must be confusing you with someone else.
49er, Chief, Browns, packer, 90s Cowboys fan
[Reply]
Mav 12:41 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I grew up in a weird way. In North Carolina, born in 79, became a 49er fan on my own. Had no father figure or guidance of which team to root for, in 1999 i found out that my grandfather who had died in 1993 was a die hard Browns fan so i became a fan, and just gradually gave up on the 49ers after Alex left with no real ties to the team, and focused on the Browns, while also being a Chiefs supporter. So when the Browns arent on, i watch the Chiefs, and keep up with them. I wouldnt say im a fan of the Chiefs, but they are a joy to watch, and i love the people here. Same guy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:47 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by DawgDays:
I think we caught a glimpse of a couple trolls, that's all. I'm just enjoying the vibe and trying to add a little perspective. I ain't gonna walk on eggshells to talk football, but by all means, if I step on your toes - let me have it. It's your house.
This is a tough place to stay in the long term. You have to have some very thick skin to stay. This thread is an example. After 70K+ posts and 18 years here, I'm still getting shit thrown at me about grammar on a internet BB. Those who stay, wouldn't have it any other way. It's a unique board.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:24 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is a tough place to stay in the long term. You have to have some very thick skin to stay. This thread is an example. After 70K+ posts and 18 years here, I'm still getting shit thrown at me about grammar on a internet BB. Those who stay, wouldn't have it any other way. It's a unique board.
Thanks for the perfect example of my original point. 18 years, 70,000 posts.... if you only misuse "your" once every 10 posts, that's of course 7000 occurrences.

And you prefer to be given shit about it up to 7000 times and place the blame on this being a tough place and needing thick skin instead of simply learning the difference between your and you are.

It's weird.

And it's not "grammar on a BB" in the sense of someone not using complete/formal sentences or using slang or basically a less formal posting style like they're texting... (or using ellipses all the time...) it's literally using a completely different word that makes your sentences read like nonsense (granted, people are used to it by now, especially if they communicate with millennials). That's just an excuse... it's not like anyone who uses "you are" correctly is thinking about how to use it or proofreading.

It's actually pretty simple... if you mean to type "you are", then type you are.

*preemptively grabs celebration gif for a "you are a dick" response*

[Reply]
ChiTown 10:34 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Thanks for the perfect example of my original point. 18 years, 70,000 posts.... if you only misuse "your" once every 10 posts, that's of course 7000 occurrences.

And you prefer to be given shit about it up to 7000 times and place the blame on this being a tough place and needing thick skin instead of simply learning the difference between your and you are.

It's weird.

And it's not "grammar on a BB" in the sense of someone not using complete/formal sentences or using slang or basically a less formal posting style like they're texting... (or using ellipses all the time...) it's literally using a completely different word that makes your sentences read like nonsense (granted, people are used to it by now, especially if they communicate with millennials). That's just an excuse... it's not like anyone who uses "you are" correctly is thinking about how to use it or proofreading.

It's actually pretty simple... if you mean to type "you are", then type you are.

your* a dick!!!!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:55 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

It's weird.
I think it’s “weird” that anyone would get so upset about grammar on a football fan internet BB. To each their own.

Grammar notwithstanding, This is a tough place to post and talk football. People can be harsh. Especially to n00bs.

Have a nice day my good man. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:36 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think it’s “weird” that anyone would get so upset about grammar on a football fan internet BB. To each their own.

Grammar notwithstanding, This is a tough place to post and talk football. People can be harsh. Especially to n00bs.

Have a nice day my good man. :-)
Nah, not upset at all, I'm always that long-winded. It's just the discrepancy between the effort you put into representing yourself as being important and successful and in turn intelligent... and not knowing when to say "you are", is a huge gap that's quite the anomaly.

It would be like someone buying a Rolls-Royce and spending weeks on a wardrobe for the specific reason to impress dates, but adding the dangling balls that you see on the back of trucks, purposefully destroying the image that was being so desperately created.

And yes, it is.... the board was built as anything goes, even when sometimes I wish their was a full time adult table (as opposed to a specific kiddie table).
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:53 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by DawgDays:
I think we caught a glimpse of a couple trolls, that's all. I'm just enjoying the vibe and trying to add a little perspective. I ain't gonna walk on eggshells to talk football, but by all means, if I step on your toes - let me have it. It's your house.
You won't want to watch football again after Sunday.
[Reply]
DawgDays 09:08 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You won't want to watch football again after Sunday.
I know! That's what you keep saying, it's so cute. :-)
You just keep your eyes on that plate of pasta, bro.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:16 AM 01-14-2021
There is no "next year" either. Baker Cassel and the twenty ten Chief Browns won't be back next year
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 01-14-2021
Oh and I would like the thank your team for my weekend's entertainment. I haven't laughed like that in ages - the Steelers meltdown was priceless. :-)
[Reply]
luv 12:50 PM 01-14-2021
Just now, while scrolling through the threads in the Lounge, I totally read this as "Massage for our visiting Brown fans" and was like WTF?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:39 PM 01-14-2021
Sorry to break up the Clay cocksucking.

Where it matters, the Browns are the same opponent the Chiefs had last year in the divisional round but with a worse QB

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) January 14, 2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:44 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Sorry to break up the Clay cocksucking.

Are Chief fans nervous?

I understand Chiefs fans being nervous, but the ends become less frayed when we remember that the Steelers are and were never really that good.

— Eric Eager 📊🏈 (@PFF_Eric) January 14, 2021

[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up