ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who will start at Left Tackle on Week 1?
Wanya Morris 22 12.79%
Donovan Smith (re-signed) 72 41.86%
Kingsley Suamataia 55 31.98%
Darian Kinnard 0 0%
Lucas Niang 0 0%
Jawaan Taylor 7 4.07%
Chukwuebuka Godrick 1 0.58%
A veteran interior offensive lineman currently on the roster 1 0.58%
One of the new rookie interior linemen (C.J. Hanson or Hunter Nourzad) 0 0%
Some veteran free agent not listed elsewhere 9 5.23%
Some rookie free agent not listed elsewhere 0 0%
Eric Fisher 0 0%
Mike Remmers 1 0.58%
Orlando Brown, Jr. 1 0.58%
Left tackle? Mahomes don't need no stinkin' left tackle 3 1.74%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who will be the Week 1 starter at Left Tackle?
Rain Man 09:38 PM 04-28-2024
Poll to follow on three. One, two, three, break!

I went ahead and added the starting left tackle for every Super Bowl in case you're feeling nostalgic. I didn't include Jim Tyrer because of, well, you know why.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:07 PM 06-19-2024
Surprised this isn't being talked about more. Is it either Wanya or Kingsley? Seems like this is a big question mark at a pretty important position going into the season.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:09 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Surprised this isn't being talked about more. Is it either Wanya or Kingsley? Seems like this is a big question mark at a pretty important position going into the season.
If it's not Kingsley it's someone not on the roster.
[Reply]
O.city 02:18 PM 06-19-2024
Kingsley was a 2nd round pick. He's gonna have the first opportunity I'd imagine.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:20 PM 06-19-2024
The fact they're currently plugging in Wanya at guard with Thuney still out means to me they view him as out of the running at starter. Just as well, too. The guy wasn't good last year.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:26 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The fact they're currently plugging in Wanya at guard with Thuney still out means to me they view him as out of the running at starter. Just as well, too. The guy wasn't good last year.
Thats fair. I heard some talk here that Wanya might fit better at Guard instead of Tackle.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:27 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Thats fair. I heard some talk here that Wanya might fit better at Guard instead of Tackle.
That's really not a stretch, it's a lot easier to play guard.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:34 PM 06-19-2024
If it is Wanya Morris we have failed.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:50 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If it's not Kingsley it's someone not on the roster.
It's either Kingsley or Morris. Morris was great outside of one game.
[Reply]
Bump 03:03 PM 06-19-2024
If they don't like what they see in training camp, they'll call Donovan Smith I would bet.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 05:40 PM 06-19-2024
Bernhard Raimann For the Colts was another tackle drafted in round three that worked out pretty well. So it does happen.

Obviously, the best thing for us is if Kingsley works out and we solved the LT position for years. But it’s a no-brainer that we should have some insurance if we can get it at minimal price. I think we should sign either Smith or Bakhtarai for insurance, or maybe both.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:30 PM 06-19-2024
So I don't follow these things that closely..., but,
If Smith is a starting caliber LT in the NFL, why will he sit indefinitely by the phone waiting for KC to call? If he isn't, why is he our plan B?
I mean every team goes into training camp with question marks. But I can't say I'm feeling great about LT or LT depth.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:04 PM 06-19-2024
Kingsley will start and be pretty solid. He’s definitely going to get beat on inside transition moves to start off. He’s showed that ability to sink his hips and stifle that move, but he struggled a lot with it at BYU and the guys he’s going to be facing as a pro are much much better at it.

I’m sure Heck and his staff have him doing a lot of work specific on it, but I do expect some early struggles against guys like Hendrickson, the Bosas and Crosby. He’ll learn and develop counters. Kids got the tools to be great.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:30 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's either Kingsley or Morris. Morris was great okay outside of one game.
FYP
[Reply]
Mecca 10:37 AM 06-20-2024

Five-time All-Pro LT David Bakhtiari said he’s “really happy” with the progress from his latest knee surgery — so much so that he now hopes to play multiple seasons. And his goal is to play this season with the Super Bowl MVP.

�� https://t.co/oqnvaxWZ04 pic.twitter.com/jdeRlE6L7X

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 19, 2024

Tell me this isn't Bahktiari hinting at wanting to play for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:41 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Tell me this isn't Bahktiari hinting at wanting to play for the Chiefs.
1000%, and if he's healthy, man would he make a difference.

Don't think it's about money for him at this point, he's a different breed. Used to frequent all the Green Bay bars and mingle with the commoners. I actually played pool with him once, it was pretty awesome. That was his rookie year, but still. I'd bet my bottom dollar he wants to come here, only question is if they want him.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up