ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Will ‘Mahomes effect’ get The Chiefs a Billion dollar stadium?
ChiefsFanatic 03:32 AM 09-16-2020
What if the Royals moved, and the Chiefs get a new stadium built where The K sits now, but with a twist......

They use the original blueprints, constructing a very close duplicate of Arrowhead Stadium, but all the most needed changes are made, like wider concourses, etc. plus all the new technologies could be a part of the infrastructure in the new stadium.

To top it off would be either a rolling roof, or retractable roof. It would keep everything that makes Arrowhead so great, and the fan experience in the stands, and in the tailgating areas would only change for the better.

It would be something that people would always talk about, because it's something that has never been done before. Arrowhead was regarded as ahead of its time, and has proven to be one of the single best one sport stadiums in the entire world.

I think it would be amazing.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:37 AM 09-16-2020
I hope so, and this is how I hope it goes down...

1) Move to down town KC. Arrowhead is in the middle of nowhere and KC is lacking in entertainment, might help revitalize the P&L district. I dont wanna here you old fuddy-duddies talking that nonsense about traffic or changing the culture.

2) Incorporate parts of the old stadium so that you can continue to call the new stadium Arrowhead. Narrative = "Its not a new stadium, they just moved and uprgraded the old one. Parts of it anyways."

3) It should be loud.

In all seriousness though the stadiums they are building out here in LA are really doing a lot to revitalyze the South Central neighborhoods and maybe Arrowhead could do some good for parts of KC.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:39 AM 09-16-2020
What they need to work on is having a "Ballpark Village" setup between the stadiums with bars, restaurants & shops to make that a great place to go after the games.

Think a smaller Zona Rosa setup.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:31 AM 09-16-2020
I seriously don’t understand the constant yearning by some for new stadiums. I go to games to watch the game, not swim or get shitfaced and play video games. KC has an iconic sports complex that has been maintained and updated as needed. Just stop already. You’re as bad as the remove statues crowd.
[Reply]
luv 08:57 AM 09-16-2020
Updating the current stadium is fine. When we toured Arrowhead last January, there was talk about the concerts that are held there, and the challenge that the shape of the stadium and the seating structure holds for artists. I actually kind of like that.

I love busy concourses, too. The only thing I would change would be to do something to create a larger pro shop. Or put another one on the other side of the stadium. I know they have the little kiosk type ones throughout the stadium, but the main one is always shoulder to shoulder with the line being long enough that you're in the way of people trying to shop, and that room is limited enough already.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:21 PM 09-16-2020
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...dc-disaster#KC

Arrowhead #3 on ESPN's top stadium lists.
[Reply]
eDave 09:27 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...dc-disaster#KC

Arrowhead #3 on ESPN's top stadium lists.
That article says Chiefs lack an overall history of success at Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:06 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
That article says Chiefs lack an overall history of success at Arrowhead.
Well, we are homers... From the outside, we might not have looked all that great over the years until recently.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 01:30 AM 09-17-2020
They will have to come out with officially licensed recliners. Which will put your live image in a stadium seat. With a 3 minute delay for decency.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up