ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 74
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:26 PM 06-25-2020
I think the season will more than likely get cancelled once virus starts to spread like a wildfire among the players. Hopefully that doesn't happen but we shall see.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:30 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Why such price hikes? Are they expecting huge viewership because nobody can go to the game in person? That math doesn't work. Maybe because they think Baseball and basketball will not be played and no college sports?

Think about the 70,000 fans in the stadium, if every one of them watched the game on TV that would only be a .5% increase in viewers, as the average NFL broadcast gets 16 million viewers.
They will take a loss just like MNF has for years. I’m assuming they overpay and lose money for marketing and recognition of their platform reasons. I could see Netflix, Facebook, Apple TV etc. that have deep pockets of cash, pony up the money.

I watched a live STL Cardinals baseball game that was exclusive to Facebook last season. Didn’t YouTube have some games too?
[Reply]
tk13 06-25-2020, 10:33 PM
This message has been deleted by tk13.
POND_OF_RED 11:09 PM 06-25-2020
Not looking like the fans will be let in. I paid for all my tickets to the home opener and to Miami on my credit card for the points. Going to cash those for some gift cards before they reimburse my card and try to take the points back or something. I think I’m just going to continue to buy more tickets as a savings plan for the fall and to see how many credit card points it will let me accumulate without making a real purchase when it’s all said and done. It will be a win win come September. Either I have tickets to all the games or I have a few thousand back. Both situations get me a couple hundred dollars of free amazon gift cards as well so I guess it’s a win win win.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:21 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I think the season will more than likely get cancelled once virus starts to spread like a wildfire among the players. Hopefully that doesn't happen but we shall see.
I heard a discussion yesterday between players on a podcast. It's a very small chance that a player actually develops any serious health problems but its still a possibility.

Early results are leaning towards, if a young person does have health issues connected to covid about 1% have permanent health issues. Main permanent one is a 5% decrease in lung capacity. Not a lot of data on this because not a lot of young people had a lung capacity test pre-covid. 5% drop in lung capacity isnt going to effect anyone living a regular life. But.....

As a professional player. You are in the top 99.99% of physical fitness in the world. But, your competing and getting paid millions to play against others that are also in that 99.99%. You have money. On a path to make a helluva lot more money. Do you take that risk to play this year? Would a 5% decrease in lung capacity put you at a disadvantage against those other top 99.99% athletes?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:30 PM 06-26-2020
The players have a higher risk of health issues from actually playing the game of football than getting Covid.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:48 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The players have a higher risk of health issues from actually playing the game of football than getting Covid.
Of course. But according to these former players, that's baked in. They know every game could be their last one. Thats why they try to get the most guaranteed money possible.

This is an ADDITIONAL risk. Thats why according to them, baseball players balked at the original owners offer. They wanted money for the additional risk. But, trying to grab more money in the middle of a pandemic that most are assuming that risk too, came off as greedy.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:13 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Of course. But according to these former players, that's baked in. They know every game could be their last one. Thats why they try to get the most guaranteed money possible.

This is an ADDITIONAL risk. Thats why according to them, baseball players balked at the original owners offer. They wanted money for the additional risk. But, trying to grab more money in the middle of a pandemic that most are assuming that risk too, came off as greedy.
I'll play NBA for $14,999 a year, NFL for $109,999 a year and MLB for $4,999 a year. Sign me up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:33 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'll play NBA for $14,999 a year, NFL for $109,999 a year and MLB for $4,999 a year. Sign me up.
Trouble with the curve? How’s the jump shot?
[Reply]
BWillie 06:40 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Trouble with the curve? How’s the jump shot?
I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.
[Reply]
007 07:39 PM 06-26-2020
I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Beautiful
[Reply]
srvy 08:09 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
NFL to block off first 6 to 8 rows with tarps.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-block-o...235412747.html

There will be no "dream seats" at NFL stadiums this fall, even if fans are allowed in the stands.

The league plans to block off the first six to eight rows of every lower bowl section, including field-level suites, in order to help slow the spread of the coronavirus, according to Ben Fischer of the Sports Business Journal. Those sections will be tarped off, and teams will be given the option to sell signage to local sponsors that will be seen on TV.

John Ourand

@Ourand_SBJ
The first six to eight rows in every NFL stadium will be off limits to fans this season - covered with a tarp that will have sponsor logos that can be seen on TV. @BenFischerSBJ has the details. http://sbjsbd.biz/3er0SJ0

1:49 PM - Jun 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
299 people are talking about this
According to the Sports Business Journal, the seats covered by tarps will look familiar to those in the English Premier League, which resumed its season last week with no fans.

On Tuesday, The Athletic reported that the NFL will not place a limit on capacity at games, allowing each individual team to make the decision themselves.

"Attendance will be a state-by-state, county-by-county thing," an anonymous NFL source told The Athletic. "It will not be a one size fits all."

Both the Redskins and Ravens told NBC Sports Washington on Wednesday that they plan to follow state and local regulations to determine how many tickets (if any) they sell for home games this fall.
Reek could still leap that far into the lap of a fan. That kid can do it all.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:11 AM 06-27-2020
How much for PGA Tour? I'll set up a gofundme.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:13 AM 06-27-2020
Please don't every change that cat avatar. I skim a lot of posts. But I always read BWillie posts - because no CP poster comes remotely close to cracking me up as much.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:06 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Please don't every change that cat avatar. I skim a lot of posts. But I always read BWillie posts - because no CP poster comes remotely close to cracking me up as much.
You are such a sweetheart.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:42 AM 07-02-2020
Welp here it comes...

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...ing-covid.html

No fans for games for the Bills.

https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1981666

South Carolina governor: No college football if COVID-19 surge continues
[Reply]
Page 59 of 74
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up