ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 64
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** OFFICIAL 2020 CHIEFS Training Camp News and Reports****
Trivers 09:41 AM 08-02-2020
All news, pictures, videos, links, gossip pertaining to 2020 Chiefs Training Camp

Where: Chiefs KC practice facility and via Zoom/Teams

When: Players report 8/31. Padded practices 8/9.

No preseason games.

First game: Houston - 9/10/

CHIEFS Twitter Feed
https://twitter.com/Chiefs

Coach Reid Opening Speech
https://twitter.com/i/status/1288981387358490626
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:04 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dallas Goedert has 9 TD’s in 2 years as a backup to Zach Ertz. He was taken 3 picks after Breeland Speaks.

Imagine drafting him instead and putting him into this offense?
It really makes me wonder why Veach had to have Speaks so badly that he moved up and passed on so many other good players.

I mean, it doesn't really matter but I'd be curious to hear his reasoning.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:05 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Had the Chiefs drafted JuJu in 2017, they wouldn't have needed to shell out $32 million (and counting) for Sammy Watkins. JuJu's numbers fell off last year but that's what happens when a team has garbage at the backup QB position.

Kamara's receiving ability would have been a perfect fit for Reid's offense and he's not been in any kind of trouble since being drafted.

Anyway, it's neither here nor there now.
I’m not saying they wouldn’t be good fits, just defending the line of thinking.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:07 PM 09-05-2020
JuJu also would produce fine with Hill and Kelce on the field with him...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:44 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Juju lost Antonio Brown and then switched positions and lost Ben shortly after and then got injured.

The jury is still out on Juju, even if his average draft position was too high last season.
Nailed It !!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:45 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Juju is a great 1b WR but he is no 1a by himself that is for sure.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:00 PM 09-05-2020

Agreed
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 PM 09-05-2020
It really makes me wonder why Veach had to have Speaks so badly that he moved up and passed on so many other good players.

I imagine he saw a guy that could play multiple line positions, similar to when Hali came out. The guy wasn't a stud in college but he wasn't a slouch either. He was a consistently decent player in the SEC and I'm sure they thought he could be developed.

I also think they were targeting Spags after the 2017 season but he wasn't ready to come back. That 2018 draft contains a lot of pieces that make a lot more sense now than they did then. Guys just sometimes don't pan out.

Sometimes guys just don't get with the program.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:08 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I imagine he saw a guy that could play multiple line positions, similar to when Hali came out. The guy wasn't a stud in college but he wasn't a slouch either. He was a consistently decent player in the SEC and I'm sure they thought he could be developed.

I also think they were targeting Spags after the 2017 season but he wasn't ready to come back. That 2018 draft contains a lot of pieces that make a lot more sense now than they did then. Guys just sometimes don't pan out.

as long as he learns from it I'm fine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:10 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
as long as he learns from it I'm fine.
I think he already has. He's done pretty well since. Thornhill alone was a home run.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:10 PM 09-05-2020

The Chiefs were better in 18 than they planned. I think they thought they were a 9-7 or 10-6 team.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:30 PM 09-05-2020
Yeah, that makes sense. Their entire scouting paradigm is built on the notion that if they can see a guy do something productive a few times during a game, there's no reason why they can't coach him up to be productive for a full 4 quarters.

I've been a Veach supporter since Day One and I'm certainly not going to ding him for one miscue but it's always frustrating to see "what could have been".
[Reply]
BossChief 08:57 PM 09-05-2020

Iirc Veach said he saw a big drop off in talent at DE after Speaks at that point in the draft.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:59 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Iirc Veach said he saw a big drop off in talent at DE after Speaks at that point in the draft.
Weird, because we saw a big dropoff in Speak's talent after we drafted him.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:03 PM 09-05-2020
Also that shit happened when Ballard and Dorsey were gone and right after that draft we replaced several scouts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 PM 09-05-2020
Also that shit happened when Ballard and Dorsey were gone and right after that draft we replaced several scouts.
Yeah, the 2018 draft was just a weird deal altogether. It was a team in transition.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 64
« First < 9495556575859 60616263 > Last »
Up