ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 82
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
SAUTO 05:07 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by tooge:
California Taqueria off Southwest was tex mex, sorry. The most popular dish was the burrito spread. Two burritos smothered in cheddar cheese. That isn't mexican. MY favorite mex place is Bickelmiers (sp) meats on saturday mornings. Great tacos el pastor, great carne asada, and killer tamales.
California's was no way Tex mex when they were in the hole...

Bichelmeyer's is awesome and always has been.
[Reply]
eDave 05:12 PM 10-11-2017
My first job was Shoney's on Antioch Rd. That's where I discovered pot and learned to love it. Salad bar was meticulous. Don't eat the cole slaw. There is a good chance there was a loogy or a blown nose in there (not mine).
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:12 PM 10-11-2017
I'll always have fond memories of Chi-Chis, it was decent tex-mex fare and they always had a rocking little bar in the one I worked at as a kid... they'd let me get hammered after work at age 19

Same thing for The Ground Round, thats where I fell in love with a very specific burger

Buttered and grilled marble rye
Fire grilled high quality burger
Swiss cheese
Grilled onion

There simply isnt a better burger on the planet
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:17 PM 10-11-2017
Chi Chi's
Out of business
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:24 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Smaks. There's another oldie.
Yep. There was one in grandview I recall.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:02 PM 10-11-2017
Indian Hills ****ry Club.

Great food, free flowing booze and free golf...

Learned how to make a poorboy's Brandy Alexander there and dammed if the girls didn't drop panties for them!!!!

At 17 i was serving them to Muriel Kaufman, even gave her the recipe and got a $29 tip. (lot of money back then.)

Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'll always have fond memories of Chi-Chis, it was decent tex-mex fare and they always had a rocking little bar in the one I worked at as a kid... they'd let me get hammered after work at age 19

Same thing for The Ground Round, thats where I fell in love with a very specific burger

Swiss cheese
Grilled onion

[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 06:06 PM 10-11-2017
Mr. Donut.

Never before or since a better donut & cup of coffee.

Dinny
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:10 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Dinny Bossa Nova:
Mr. Donut.

Never before or since a better donut & cup of coffee.

Dinny
<-- loved LaMars myself
[Reply]
srvy 06:25 PM 10-11-2017

Swiss cheese
Grilled onion

Thats a patty melt I love that burger.
[Reply]
srvy 06:34 PM 10-11-2017
Donut King when they were on Choutau Trwy N/o Parvin Rd next to Diamond Joes ( not that I know anything of that place) new location in NKC sucks. Daylite Donuts are good best glazed I ever had Lamars original location. Warm melts in your mouth so rich instant heartburn 5 minutes after devouring.
[Reply]
srvy 06:50 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I always ate at the SW Blvd location (a lot) because I had a warehouse in the same block and thought what I was served blew Ponak's and Manny's away. It was fantastic compared to Annies!. But then again, the kitchen knew my name and I had done favors for owners and bartenders alike.

I used to drink at the Lee's Summit location (a lot) as the bartender took care of me and most of the bill...due to history. Only had 1/2 price appetizers and they were decent to share with wifey.

North Oak and OP were the same way as they kinda reminded me of Annies SF. Owners came from a Westport Mexican rest. (3 amigos?).
I never ate a meal there, barely even went there but when i did drinks were strong and cheap due to history...
I was bound up from all the cheese at Ponaks but I damned had to have that fix. I liked the mexican rice and chips with that green salsa.

Annies Santa Fe was awesome at Bannister Mall. We would get food and beer then head for sluts at Jeremiah Tittles at 87th and 435 or that place with the indoor slide on 95 cant remember the name anymore. I remember short skirts and splitty tale dresses back then . Eyeful of panty and occationally none:-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:53 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
I was bound up from all the cheese at Ponaks but I damned had to have that fix. I liked the mexican rice and chips with that green salsa.

Annies Santa Fe was awesome at Bannister Mall. We would get food and beer then head for sluts at Jeremiah Tittles at 87th and 435 or that place with the indoor slide on 95 cant remember the name anymore. I remember short skirts and splitty tale dresses back then . Eyeful of panty and occationally none:-)

FUN!
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:55 PM 10-11-2017

Swiss cheese
Grilled onion

Which Chi Chis, Blue Ridge?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:11 PM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
Donut King when they were on Choutau Trwy N/o Parvin Rd next to Diamond Joes ( not that I know anything of that place) new location in NKC sucks. Daylite Donuts are good best glazed I ever had Lamars original location. Warm melts in your mouth so rich instant heartburn 5 minutes after devouring.
Never ate a non original location Lamar's donut.

Enterprise brought KrispyCrap donuts once and that's the only time I ever tried them.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:22 PM 10-11-2017
Do you remember the Pop-Shoppe?
[Reply]
Page 59 of 82
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up