ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 580 of 791
« First < 80480530570576577578579580 581582583584590630680 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:30 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Fuck THAT. No more. Gimme my Omenihu, please.
No Clelin Ferrell
[Reply]
RunKC 07:39 PM 03-17-2019
Ferrell, Ferguson, Omenihu

They are going to take someone like these guys in the first rd. Bigger, longer guys who are versatile, strong and can set the edge.

Same type of player as Speaks, but far better versions.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:43 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
2nd rd pick (Tanoh)
Chris Jones
An entire draft class (Speaks, Nnandi, DOD, Watts, Tremon)
Trades-Lucas/Ward
Anthony Hitchens
Kendall Fuller
Honey Badger
Alex Okafor
Probably 3 of the 4 picks in the first 3 rds of this draft

That’s plenty to work with. If this coaching staff is who we think they are, they can make this defense decent this year with these pieces
Need to take the homer glasses off.

This team across the board on defense needs a LOT more talent than what you stated. Chiefs end rushers are going to be fuckin crap. Speaks sucks. So does Okafor and KPass. Unless the Chiefs make some kind of blockbuster trade, like trading for Jalen Ramsey, Chiefs CB situation is going to be a major problem...again. And the Chiefs still can't tackle.

The one thing KC was good at on D, is no longer an option.

I dont think a better coaching staff is gonna be able to patch up the shortcomings that is the KC defense this next season. There is such thing as being worse than what they were last season. The one thing KC was good at last season was rushing the QB, and that's off the table now. This is gonna be a 3yr rebuild. And that's if KC hits HR's on their picks in the draft.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:54 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

This team across the board on defense needs a LOT more talent than what you stated. Chiefs end rushers are going to be fuckin crap. Speaks sucks. So does Okafor and KPass. Unless the Chiefs make some kind of blockbuster trade, like trading for Jalen Ramsey, Chiefs CB situation is going to be a major problem...again. And the Chiefs still can't tackle.

I dont think a better coaching staff is gonna be able to patch up the shortcomings that is the KC defense this next season. There is such thing as being worse than what they were last season. The one thing KC was good at last season was rushing the QB, and that's off the table now. This is gonna be a 3yr rebuild. And that's if KC hits HR's on their picks in the draft.
Oh Christ... :-)

We're not going to be recognized as an all-time great defense. In fact, we're probably going to be recognized as a bad defense.

But to say, "Well, take all the stuff we sucked at last year and then add no pass rush, and BOOM that's what our defense is!" is pretty disingenuous.

One thing a culture change and a player shift can immediately patch up (even if it takes a few weeks into the regular season) is run defense. We're not going to be nearly as bad in that area this year, and if we are, I don't know where or how it's ever going to improve. We've removed just about all the run defense liabilities from last year we possibly fucking can (Ford, Hitchens doing dumb shit, Parker, Xavier Williams at nose... still need to fucking oust Ragland) and replaced them with players known for being sound, smart tacklers. We'll still get gashed by smaller, quicker guys, but I think the days of us letting clowns like Derrick Henry have career days on us will be greatly reduced.

Again, we're not close to the 2000 Ravens. We're probably not going to boost our play enough to even become mediocre. But we're going to shift in a different direction and start to do other things much better that should at least prevent (pun not intended) opposing offenses from grinding out 20-minute TD drives while Mahomes sits on the sidelines. I think we'll see a lot more opposing drives where the offense either gets it all done quickly or we force them to 3-and-out, which we hardly did EVER last year. Did we even average more than 2 of those per game? I doubt it.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:01 PM 03-17-2019
Homer? :-)

Nobody is saying this defense is going to be good. Just that they should be good enough.

We’ve put significant resources into this defense recently. We can’t just ignore the offense, especially if our 2nd best player on that side is potentially out.

This defensive staff is good. These coaches have done excellent jobs in their previous roles (Daley/House).

Time to coach these guys up. We traded up for guys like Speaks and they are going to be relied on whether we like it or not.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:08 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If Tyreek is gone they’re going to have to go WR.

Prob in the first
Tyreek or no Tyreek, this team is not drafting anything else than defense and maybe a C/G in the first two rounds. Nothing has changed.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:13 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

This team across the board on defense needs a LOT more talent than what you stated. Chiefs end rushers are going to be ****in crap. Speaks sucks. So does Okafor and KPass. Unless the Chiefs make some kind of blockbuster trade, like trading for Jalen Ramsey, Chiefs CB situation is going to be a major problem...again. And the Chiefs still can't tackle.

I have serious concerns about the defense too but more with the linebacking corps.

IIRC, NE played a lot of heavy formations. If we're going to beat them we need linebackers who can purse running backs out of the backfield in both the passing and running game.

I'm not optimistic we can do that right now with Ragland, Hitchens and Wilson. All were beyond horrible last year.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:13 PM 03-17-2019
I fully expect the defense to be decent this year. Veach has traded two star players for picks in Peters and Ford. He better make sure this defense is decent this year. He has already spent a full draft minus a 1st round pick on D and is about to spend pretty much another entire draft on defense, plus the entirely new coaching staff, if this defense is not good this year I've got problems with him.

That 49ers 2nd round pick better be traded. And I hope he trades some more 2020 picks. This is the year honestly. Anything short of a SB is basically a disaster. That's how I feel about it.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:17 PM 03-17-2019
There is no way in hell that Veach goes into this season with this much cap room. More moves are coming
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:18 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I fully expect the defense to be decent this year. Veach has traded two star players for picks in Peters and Ford. He better make sure this defense is decent this year. He has already spent a full draft minus a 1st round pick on D and is about to spend pretty much another entire draft on defense, plus the entirely new coaching staff, if this defense is not good this year I've got problems with him.

That 49ers 2nd round pick better be traded. And I hope he trades some more 2020 picks. This is the year honestly. Anything short of a SB is basically a disaster. That's how I feel about it.
Bruh no just no
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:19 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
There is no way in hell that Veach goes into this season with this much cap room. More moves are coming
Of course. This is not good enough as is.

He has talked of all the picks that he has and that he plans to be aggressive and the offseason is far from finished. He better deliver.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:20 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

I'm not saving Veach isn't capable. I mean we did run Sutton's awful scheme last year. But I am concerned.

Look at the moves he's made on defense in no particular order:

-He brought in Amerson to start as the outside corner in nickel. Bad move

-Released Amerson, then signed Scandrick. Bad move

-Traded for Ward. Small sample size, but looks to be a pretty good move.

-Traded for Ragland. Should be cut

-Signed Hitchens to a 45 million dollar deal. Extremely disappointing so far

Once again, it could be Sutton's scheme that made these guys look so awful but I'm not exactly ecstatic about our defense moving forward.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:20 PM 03-17-2019
Veach has something up his sleeve. I just know it
[Reply]
-King- 08:24 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Veach has something up his sleeve. I just know it
He better because so far we've only filled one need with a qualified player and made a bunch of holes elsewhere. I get we have a new coaching staff and we think they're great but we don't have a lot of talent right now and expecting rookies to fill all these holes and be competent from day 1 is a recipe for failure
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:29 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'm not saving Veach isn't capable. I mean we did run Sutton's awful scheme last year. But I am concerned.

Look at the moves he's made on defense in no particular order:

-He brought in Amerson to start as the outside corner in nickel. Bad move

-Released Amerson, then signed Scandrick. Bad move

-Traded for Ward. Small sample size, but looks to be a pretty good move.

-Traded for Ragland. Should be cut

-Signed Hitchens to a 45 million dollar deal. Extremely disappointing so far

Once again, it could be Sutton's scheme that made these guys look so awful but I'm not exactly ecstatic about our defense moving forward.
I honestly trust Veach to be good.

That Hitchens contract signing though for sure is a big concern. He was trash last year at 9M per season.

The other moves are OK. Ragland looked like he was on the rise and going to be a good one and then was just poor this past season.

Amerson was a cheap low risk signing. Same for Scandrick who was not that bad.
[Reply]
Page 580 of 791
« First < 80480530570576577578579580 581582583584590630680 > Last »
Up