ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 74
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:27 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Are we back to equating this to the flu?
As far as the seasonal aspect of it, yes.

This is a highly seasonal virus based on contagion. We are averaging the same amount of new infections a day WITH MUCH MORE TESTING while being 90% open as a nation compared what we saw during the tail end of the cold and flu season when this thing started. People are now out and about and businesses are open. The reason this isn't spreading like a wildfire right now is only because we are outside the cold and flu season and entered the summer months. This happens every single year.

It is coming back. And it's goin to come back with a vengeance if we maintain our current standard of socialization. The only reason it isn't 200k cases a day is due to the weather & summer social patterns.
[Reply]
luv 02:14 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I wonder if they owners are modifying their profit sharing agreements at all. It would be kind of shitty if one team isn't allowed to have any fans at all while another is at 50% capacity or whatever.

Of course, I know TV revenue dwarfs in-stadium revenue, so maybe it's not a huge impact.
Yeah, if there's a stadium who cannot allow fans due to local government provisions or whatever, then I doubt any of them would. At this rate, I'm guessing they play with no fans. Kind of hope I'm wrong, but I kind of hope I'm not wrong, too.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:11 PM 06-25-2020
Baseball is coming back for 60 games- we should be good for the NFL to be ready to roll.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:15 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Baseball is coming back for 60 games- we should be good for the NFL to be ready to roll.
The baseball is in mid and late summer. The NFL is in the fall and into the winter.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:18 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The baseball is in mid and late summer. The NFL is in the fall and into the winter.
People will be bundled up in the winter- gloves, heavy coats, stocking hats with a face mask. Seems they will be better protected- than summertime. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:19 PM 06-25-2020
People will be bundled up in the winter- gloves, heavy coats, stocking hats with a face mask. Seems they will be better protected- than summertime. :-)
Respiratory viruses spread easier in the cold...seriously man.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:34 PM 06-25-2020
Baseball hasn't played a game yet. Phillies spring training by me is shut down today. The NFL has a plan to play too. I'm from Missouri, Show me.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:56 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Respiratory viruses spread easier in the cold...seriously man.
So having a thick wool face mask and gloves on- is not better protection than someone at a baseball game with no gloves and a drywall mask?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:58 PM 06-25-2020
So having a thick wool face mask and gloves on- is not better protection than someone at a baseball game with no gloves and a drywall mask?
The gloves don't really matter at all. The mask? Maybe. UV rays from the sun seem to help a lot, though, and those are much weaker in the winter.
[Reply]
sedated 04:11 PM 06-25-2020
UV rays from the sun seem to help a lot, though, and those are much weaker in the winter.
Has this been proven with COVID-19?

I've seen it as a theory based on other similar viruses, but nothing definitive.
[Reply]
tk13 04:52 PM 06-25-2020
I wonder if they owners are modifying their profit sharing agreements at all. It would be kind of shitty if one team isn't allowed to have any fans at all while another is at 50% capacity or whatever.

Of course, I know TV revenue dwarfs in-stadium revenue, so maybe it's not a huge impact.
They already do this. Ticket sales go into a pool that is split among all 32 teams.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:58 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
They already do this. Ticket sales go into a pool that is split among all 32 teams.
Huh - are you sure about that? I thought that was just for TV revenues and similar national stuff.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:01 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Has this been proven with COVID-19?

I've seen it as a theory based on other similar viruses, but nothing definitive.
Proven definitively? No. Next to nothing about this virus has been proven definitively.

There's some evidence that UV radiation helps, though, and that simulated sunlight wipes it out fairly quickly.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:05 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I heard on ESPN that the new TV contracts are expected to be so huge that it will be up to 85% of their total revenue.

They said there are streaming content providers willing to pay $25 million a week for one game.
Why such price hikes? Are they expecting huge viewership because nobody can go to the game in person? That math doesn't work. Maybe because they think Baseball and basketball will not be played and no college sports?

Think about the 70,000 fans in the stadium, if every one of them watched the game on TV that would only be a .5% increase in viewers, as the average NFL broadcast gets 16 million viewers.
[Reply]
tk13 05:09 PM 06-25-2020
Huh - are you sure about that? I thought that was just for TV revenues and similar national stuff.
Actually I think you're partially right, I think it's a portion of ticket sales go into the pool for the regular season.

It's during the playoffs where the NFL gets all the ticket money.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 74
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Up