Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:17 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No one is putting him there.

It's pretty obvious who was better at his job at One Arrowhead, though, and it wasn't the fatso calling 300 screen passes.
Apparently it was if you listen to all the chatter.

Mass: It was all Reid behind the scenes
This Guy: Dorsey was upset about how much power Reid had
That Guy: Reid had final say over the roster

Sounds to me like Clark kept the right person......
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:18 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Apparently it was if you listen to all the chatter.
Bullshit.

The last time Reid had all the power he gave Mike Vick a $100 million contract and drove the Eagles into the basement.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:18 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's all on Mahomes at this point

With this roster and a franchise QB, it would take a REALLY incompetent GM to fail
If Mahomes pans out, he will be a Chief for 15 years. We will cycle through every other position including head coach during that period. We need a great GM for Mahomes to reach his full potential. Dorsey was that guy.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:19 PM 06-22-2017
Don't for a second think because Reid is clock challenged and his play calling gets dull that his ability to evaluate talent is directly tied to that. The two are not mutually exclusive. Evaluating talent and then using the talent correctly are two different things.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:19 PM 06-22-2017
The cap thing is an excuse to justify Clarks moronic decision. With the exception of Rodney Hudson who did we lose that was worth a fuck? I wont argue Dorsey gave out terrible contracts but he could find talent wether it was March or December. Id argue we never had anyone like that. The drafts sans 2013 were excellent. Peters looks like a Chiefs HOF'r and Kelce will threaten some of Gonzalezs records. Reids a great coach who sometimes makes dumbass in gsme decisions but Reid/Dorsey was a perfect marriage. Maybe they hire someone good maybe they dont but it was nice to have a competent regime for the first time in 20 years.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:20 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Bullshit.

The last time Reid had all the power he gave Mike Vick a $100 million contract and drove the Eagles into the basement.
So all these people who are on the inside are full of shit and it was all Dorsey?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:20 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
If Mahomes pans out, he will be a Chief for 15 years. We will cycle through every other position including head coach during that period. We need a great GM for Mahomes to reach his full potential. Dorsey was that guy.
Wha?
[Reply]
JakeF 08:20 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm shocked. I have no idea what to say... Unbelievable. We finally get a good GM and now he is gone just like that.
You should do almost anything to keep a good talent evaluator. Get him some help with contract negotiations, you don't fire him.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:21 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
You should do almost anything to keep a good talent evaluator. Get him some help with contract negotiations, you don't fire him.
If you believe the chatter from the insiders, we did keep the talent evaluator.
[Reply]
okcchief 08:22 PM 06-22-2017
I would think Reid had as much input as Dorsey on draft picks. Dorsey has never been good in negotiating contracts, trades etc from how it's appeared. I think people maybe giving Dorsey more credit than deserved as we don't know it all. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:23 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
cdcox 08:23 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
And what does Dorsey have? Are we going to give him credit for the Packers Superbowl win when he was director of college scouting? If so then Reid gets credit for when the Packers won and he was an assistant coach.

Or where were you going with this?
Posted via Mobile Device
Dorsey is widely recognized as one of the best GMs in the NFL. His future is ahead of him. This will likely be be Reid's last contract and his best season culminated in poor clock management and his QB puking on the field.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:23 PM 06-22-2017
John Dorsey is a God.

What do we do from here?

WWJD?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:23 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Wha?
Bill Polian was GM in Indy for 13 years.

During that time he had FOUR head coaches.

Cdcox is spot on.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:24 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by okcchief:
I would think Reid had as much input as Dorsey on draft picks. Dorsey has never been good in negotiating contracts, trades etc from how it appears. I think people maybe giving Dorsey more credit than deserved as we don't know it all. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This seems to be consistent with what we are hearing. Dorsey was upset about the power Reid had. Reid had the final say on the roster. Etc., etc.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 137
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up