ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 58
« First < 8485455565758
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
lewdog 09:35 PM 05-13-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Are those from the Florida saplings?
No, they are the same size as when you sent them! Plumeria only grow 1-2' per year, and towards the lower end of that here in the desert.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:13 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
No, they are the same size as when you sent them! Plumeria only grow 1-2' per year, and towards the lower end of that here in the desert.
All the plumeria are growing so fast this year. I have one of those saplings I cut fell out of the trash on to the ground. No irrigation there. And life is finding a way.
Attached: IMG_9950.jpg (94.6 KB) IMG_9949.jpg (96.3 KB) IMG_9952.jpg (149.3 KB) IMG_9951.jpg (102.8 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:43 PM 06-07-2024
Mother of fuck.

Pea Gravel is heavy as hell and does not spread very far. I was worried about putting more than about 1,500 lbs in the bed of the truck - that's ONE damn bobcat scoop. Covered maybe 90 sq feet of area in the stupid kids play area. I'm gonna need about 3 times that to cover the half of the damn thing I'm re-doing.

And god almighty is knocking that shit out of the truck and spreading it a chore in 90 degree heat. And the good news is that the back of my house faces south so good ol' southern sun in the summer beating down...

Gross. At least it's not terribly expensive; $80/scoop wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But it's gonna take two more of those damn bed-loads to get this done. Not even a little excited about it. And in the event we ever decide to take that play area out - well fuck it, I'll just sell the house. I ain't shoveling this crap into to the back of a pickup...
[Reply]
lewdog 07:52 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
All the plumeria are growing so fast this year. I have one of those saplings I cut fell out of the trash on to the ground. No irrigation there. And life is finding a way.
Those are so awesome looking!

The cuttings you sent me are just starting to leaf out. About 50% of them are still alive which is about right. I have plunged them in pots in a raised bed under shade cloth to attempt getting them through summer.

Thanks again!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:42 PM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mother of fuck.

Pea Gravel is heavy as hell and does not spread very far. I was worried about putting more than about 1,500 lbs in the bed of the truck - that's ONE damn bobcat scoop. Covered maybe 90 sq feet of area in the stupid kids play area. I'm gonna need about 3 times that to cover the half of the damn thing I'm re-doing.

And god almighty is knocking that shit out of the truck and spreading it a chore in 90 degree heat. And the good news is that the back of my house faces south so good ol' southern sun in the summer beating down...

Gross. At least it's not terribly expensive; $80/scoop wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But it's gonna take two more of those damn bed-loads to get this done. Not even a little excited about it. And in the event we ever decide to take that play area out - well fuck it, I'll just sell the house. I ain't shoveling this crap into to the back of a pickup...
Go rent a dump trailer. It's worth the money.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:14 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My aloe needs to calm TF down before they catch an indecent exposure charge

They're super excited for spring

I've learned that these are actually octopus agave

They bloom around the 5 year mark, provide nutrients to bees and hummingbirds, then die

This pic is like a month old. I'd say they're around 15' or taller now

Taking the sawzall to them this morning before they come down on their own

[Reply]
Page 58 of 58
« First < 8485455565758
Up