ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 59
« First < 8485455565758 59 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:28 AM 05-29-2024
Speaks helps you appreciate how fast NFL players are by providing a normal person’s speed for scale.

Looked like he was running in heels while everyone else got cleats.
[Reply]
Bump 01:54 AM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No he didn't.

Guy stuck to blockers like glue. He sucked from day 1 at EVERYTHING.

You mostly just remember seeing what you wanted to see. Breeland Speaks was never anything but a worthless piece of shit.
I dunno, I saw that on a few occasions. But he had no athletic ability to keep going
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:38 PM 08-08-2024
Signed with the Jags. Apt team to sign for.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:40 PM 08-08-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Signed with the Jags. Apt team to sign for.
Heh. I see what you did there.
[Reply]
TLO 04:58 PM 08-08-2024
I'm surprised he's still in the league
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:06 PM 08-08-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm surprised he's still in the league
He wasn't. Spent the last couple of seasons in the AFL.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:44 PM 08-08-2024
I’ll still never understand what the thought process was with him. Just such a completely un-Veach like pick. Wonder if someone on the defensive staff was pounding the table for him. I know it was early in his tenure, but it’s just such an outlier. So strange.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:45 PM 08-08-2024
Speaks is still a fat piece of shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:48 PM 08-08-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I’ll still never understand what the thought process was with him. Just such a completely un-Veach like pick. Wonder if someone on the defensive staff was pounding the table for him. I know it was early in his tenure, but it’s just such an outlier. So strange.
Only ever could’ve worked as a 3-tech in an even front and we ran a 3-4 when we drafted him. Then we hired a new DC who ran a 4-3 and he came into camp fat and indifferent. Then got suspended for PEDs trying to lose weight.
[Reply]
Bump 05:52 PM 08-08-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
it happens. There's probably some years where things fall a certain way and your draft board just got cleaned up with every pick right before you and you make a panic pick. That's what I would assume happened with Skyy Moore too. But overall we've never had such great success in the draft. It seemed like back in the 2000's, late 90's we'd go 3 drafts in a row with maybe 1 or 2 good players total from them.
[Reply]
notorious 05:58 PM 08-08-2024
This one was a head scratcher from the beginning.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:12 PM 08-08-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
it happens. There's probably some years where things fall a certain way and your draft board just got cleaned up with every pick right before you and you make a panic pick. That's what I would assume happened with Skyy Moore too. But overall we've never had such great success in the draft. It seemed like back in the 2000's, late 90's we'd go 3 drafts in a row with maybe 1 or 2 good players total from them.
Moore is a worse execution error than Speaks, IMO.

I think Veach knew they were going to transition to a 4-3 and Speaks should’ve fit there. He just had no way to know the guy was going to eat himself out of the league.

Moore, OTOH, just never made sense on any level to me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:13 PM 08-08-2024
And there’s some luck involved. For example, if the Packers had Creed, we’d have likely taken the C they took instead and he’s been nowhere near as good as Creed.

Gotta get a little lucky sometimes and capitalize on it when you do.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:14 PM 08-08-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Moore is a worse execution error than Speaks, IMO.

I think Veach knew they were going to transition to a 4-3 and Speaks should’ve fit there. He just had no way to know the guy was going to eat himself out of the league.

Moore, OTOH, just never made sense on any level to me.
Those are Veach’s two worst picks by a mile.

I get annoyed when people throw CEH and even worse Hardman in that discussion.

CEH hasn’t been great, but we’ve at least squeezed production out of him. Hardman was a fine pick.

We got jack and shit out of Speaks and Moore.
[Reply]
poolboy 06:31 PM 08-08-2024
Is there anything Moore does well? What was his allure in the draft?
[Reply]
Page 58 of 59
« First < 8485455565758 59 >
Up