ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 74
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
luv 08:43 AM 06-25-2020
I saw on the news last night where, at this point, the NFL is leaving attendance up to each individual stadium. On any given week, one stadium could have no fans while another stadium has 25% while yet another stadium has 50%, etc.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:02 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
I saw on the news last night where, at this point, the NFL is leaving attendance up to each individual stadium. On any given week, one stadium could have no fans while another stadium has 25% while yet another stadium has 50%, etc.
I wonder if they owners are modifying their profit sharing agreements at all. It would be kind of shitty if one team isn't allowed to have any fans at all while another is at 50% capacity or whatever.

Of course, I know TV revenue dwarfs in-stadium revenue, so maybe it's not a huge impact.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:05 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Theres going to be no fans in the stands. We are spreading it farther and wider now than at any time in the pandemic.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:08 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I wonder if they owners are modifying their profit sharing agreements at all. It would be kind of shitty if one team isn't allowed to have any fans at all while another is at 50% capacity or whatever.

Of course, I know TV revenue dwarfs in-stadium revenue, so maybe it's not a huge impact.
I heard on ESPN that the new TV contracts are expected to be so huge that it will be up to 85% of their total revenue.

They said there are streaming content providers willing to pay $25 million a week for one game.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:45 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Ain't gonna be no sports at all after August, just the way it is. The mlb experiment will have failed, with that you can count on schools closed. No schools, no football.
Thats why you start now. As soon as possible if you can. We are going to get fucking rocked in the fall if we think leaving everything open and 75%+ people running around not wearing masks won't do anything.

The only countries due to climate that really have a cold and flu season in the southern hemisphere are Chile & South Africa and it's still not as pronounced as it is in the Northern Hemisphere populated countries. If you look at Chile & South Africa, they are not doing too well.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:51 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Thats why you start now. As soon as possible if you can. We are going to get fucking rocked in the fall if we think leaving everything open and 75%+ people running around not wearing masks won't do anything.

The only countries due to climate that really have a cold and flu season in the southern hemisphere are Chile & South Africa and it's still not as pronounced as it is in the Northern Hemisphere populated countries. If you look at Chile & South Africa, they are not doing too well.
Brazil is getting rocked....
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:56 AM 06-25-2020
so looking at 2021 the next nfl year. When do we need to start wearing masks to get that season to work.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:59 AM 06-25-2020
I’ve already accepted that there will be no more sports ever.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:21 PM 06-25-2020
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-non-essential

Looking at that, you very easily can have guys refusing to play.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:34 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Brazil is getting rocked....
They have alot of people and a favorable climate. Imagine how bad it would be if they didn't have the climate they do.

Chile is in Top 5 in cases per 1M population and the deaths there are coming. Only recently has it been a big problem in Chile, once their cold and flu season came.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:40 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
They have alot of people and a favorable climate. Imagine how bad it would be if they didn't have the climate they do.
Its 105 degrees today here. You don't think Texas and AZ are also hot as fuck today? Heat and climate are obviously not a huge contributor to decrease spread over the other choices being made.
[Reply]
eDave 12:48 PM 06-25-2020
110 here today and Covid doesn't seem to give af. Never has.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:11 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Its 105 degrees today here. You don't think Texas and AZ are also hot as **** today? Heat and climate are obviously not a huge contributor to decrease spread over the other choices being made.
You must have missed what I said. I'm talking about in the Southern Hemisphere where they are entering their cold and flu season. The reason the spread of the virus has been greatly mitigated in the USA DESPITE us reopening and returning to many of the activities we love has been due to seasonality.

When I look back and think how many coronaviruses I've had during the winter months compared to the summer months it's not even close. I've had maybe 2 coronaviruses in twenty years over the summer and about 2 PER WINTER. That ratio is undeniable and typical of most people.

We were very lucky, if the outbreak would have started in November and we had the social & economic activity we are back to now back then we would be seeing 100-200K cases per day last winter easily. I fear that we won't take it seriously this fall and won't scale back because we don't understand the cold and flu season is a real thing.

A huge segment of our population thinks "See, we opened back up and we didn't see an increase of new cases!!! So this is all bullshit!!". The only reason this occurred was due to us exiting the cold and flu season because that combined with states starting to reopen. States were very locked down at the end of March, April and some of May.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:13 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Its 105 degrees today here. You don't think Texas and AZ are also hot as **** today? Heat and climate are obviously not a huge contributor to decrease spread over the other choices being made.
It's absolutely the number #1 factor. Had we not implemented what we did at the end of the cold and flu season when this pandemic hit we would have saw 200k new cases a day instead of 30-40k.

Cold and flu is not a factor during the summer months. It just isn't. Sure, Coronavirus will continue to spread. But just know this is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off in the fall if we don't scale things back starting in October.

[Reply]
eDave 01:15 PM 06-25-2020
Are we back to equating this to the flu?
[Reply]
Page 57 of 74
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up