ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 63
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
rico 07:34 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Pennsyltucky tries to come off as a knowledgeable fan, but he always ends up stepping in his own shit.
He also tries to come up as a Chiefs fan, but he's an Alexsexual. I wouldn't be surprised if he is another Alexsexual poster from this board's mult, trying to pose as a Chief fan...the giveaway..."ChiefsFan" being in the dude's username. Too...obvious.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:45 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
He also tries to come up as a Chiefs fan, but he's an Alexsexual. I wouldn't be surprised if he is another Alexsexual poster from this board's mult, trying to pose as a Chief fan...the giveaway..."ChiefsFan" being in the dude's username. Too...obvious.
Perhaps he is, but Alex Jones would call you a conspiracy theorist...:-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:33 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Ever think about what ACTUALLY made us turn things around starting in 2013 to a very successful regular season team?

Was it a change in our head coach with a history of winning regular season games and getting players to buy in and be on the same page?

Was it a change in our defensive coordinator?

Was it a change simply from shitty ****ing Matt Cassel to a guy who's not as shitty?

Or was it ALL because ALEX SMITH KNOWS HOW TO WIN GAMES! DON'T ASK HOW. DON'T SAY IT'S ALL BECAUSE HE LIMITS TURNOVERS, BECAUSE HE'S NOT EVEN THAT EXCEPTIONAL AT DOING THAT. HE JUST DOES, OKAY? THAT'S JUST WHAT HE DOES.
Combination of all of those things but you have to give Smitty at least some credit.

Originally Posted by rico:
The Alex Smith haters are so obsessed with their hate for Smitty that they refuse to believe anyone who defends Smitty is a Chiefs fan.

Unbelievable but predictable at the same time. Apparently Andy Reid and our coaches also aren't Chief fans since they have been consistent in their praise for Smitty.
[Reply]
penbrook 09:35 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Combination of all of those things but you have to give Smitty at least some credit.

The Alex Smith haters are so obsessed with their hate for Smitty that they refuse to believe anyone who defends Smitty is a Chiefs fan.

Unbelievable but predictable at the same time. Apparently Andy Reid and our coaches also aren't Chief fans since they have been consistent in their praise for Smitty.
YES!! Smitty is taking over the board. By the end of the season everyone will know the name Smitty.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:36 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Ever think about what ACTUALLY made us turn things around starting in 2013 to a very successful regular season team?

Was it a change in our head coach with a history of winning regular season games and getting players to buy in and be on the same page?

Was it a change in our defensive coordinator?
Yeah, actually.

I'd argue a lot of it has to do with our DC that everyone seems to hate for no reason...
[Reply]
penbrook 09:39 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yeah, actually.

I'd argue a lot of it has to do with our DC that everyone seems to hate for no reason...
Suttons flaw is that he didn't know how to make halftime adjustments. Seems like he has fixed that problem. We have a top 5 defense in the league and the credit goes to Sutton
[Reply]
Kaepernick 11:22 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
I sure do.... but be careful what you wish for.

As has happened on multiple SF forums.. after Smith left, forums really lost their burst. The activity and "combative fun" diminished. So much so, that even years after, SF fans... the haters and lovers.. still obsess over him.

So my prediction is.. after Smith leaves, this place will still be talking about him for years. It's a sickness that festers.. for the people against him and the defenders in response of them...can not rid themselves of this sickness.

I hope to be wrong. Smith will be gone in 2018, and I would love to be wrong about this. Greatly doubt it, though. People are ultimately too predictable and disappointing.

Nah. Bullcrap.

The 49ers forum is so much better since Alex Smith was traded away. No more flame wars. Bans reduced from a flood to a trickle. You can enjoy discussing football again without trolls hijacking every thread and getting them closed. Now we have multiple interesting QB discussions instead of merging them all in one gargantuan thread where you cold not even follow the conversation.

Almost nobody talks about Alex Smith on the 49ers forum and has not for months. The last thread was to support his playoff run and it went a measely 6 pages. During the height of the Alex/Kap wars, threads would hit 100 pages in days, 200 pages by game day, and be closed to start all over again Monday.

6 pages. Bah.

Nobody is talking about Alex on the 49ers forum anymore. We are at relative peace.

ChiefsPlanet is way different in tone, but no, this place will be far better when Alex is gone and the rabid Alexsexuals gone with him. They wont miss discussing him in the least.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:25 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Kaepernick:
Nah. Bullcrap.

The 49ers forum is so much better since Alex Smith was traded away. No more flame wars. Bans reduced from a flood to a trickle. You can enjoy discussing football again without trolls hijacking every thread and getting them closed. Now we have multiple interesting QB discussions instead of merging them all in one gargantuan thread where you cold not even follow the conversation.

Almost nobody talks about Alex Smith on the 49ers forum and has not for months. The last thread was to support his playoff run and it went a measely 6 pages. During the height of the Alex/Kap wars, threads would hit 100 pages in days, 200 pages by game day, and be closed to start all over again Monday.

6 pages. Bah.

Nobody is talking about Alex on the 49ers forum anymore. We are at relative peace.

ChiefsPlanet is way different in tone, but no, this place will be far better when Alex is gone and the rabid Alexsexuals gone with him. They wont miss discussing him in the least.
I bet you wish you still had Smitty huh or do you prefer Brian Hoyer
[Reply]
Kaepernick 11:31 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
Why does Alex Smith, a pretty plain and boring man on and off the field, spark such heated discussions on message boards? I don't get it. He's an average (below or above avverage, give or take) quarterback. His winning record is due in very large part to the talented team around him (not to say that he hasn't been our best performer in some losses, and yes, he has certainly led this team to victory a few times). He's just meh and needs to be replaced, but he isn't the worst quarterback we've had. His clock is ticking but I'm not gonna be foaming at the mouth when he inevitably starts the season

It's just weird how such a boring guy is always in everybody's minds and discussions here and elsewhere (Ninerland)

You have to consider that the primary supporters of Alex, the members who keep the continual heated discussion alive, are the same individuals on all 3 of the forums where this occured -- the 2 49ers forums and this Chiefs forum.

Had all the Alexsexuals not signed up here after the trade, there never would have been such constant and contentious argument over Alex. It is just a dozen or so guys and it has been the same guys on all 3 forums. Take them out of the picture and there would have been far less frequent and rabid discussion, with most ChiefsPlanet members knowing exactly what they had in Alex -- a good but overly cautious QB who's meciocre play was geared not to lose rather than to win. It took a small handful of Alexsexuals to make a Mountain out of that molehill.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:35 AM 08-08-2017
Nah. Bullcrap.

6 pages. Bah.

Which forum?
[Reply]
Kaepernick 11:35 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
Because this plain and boring man, and mediocre QB, inexplicably managed to attain a following that defends his mediocre ass like they are defending their whore sister.
Absolute truth, but most of them were transplants from 49ers forums, not home-grown Chiefs fans that suddenly were all in for Alex. Mostly they were imported from his rabid fan club and came here to sell you on him, failing miserably.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:39 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:

They obviously want neither.
[Reply]
JohnV 11:46 AM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:

Last 17 games:

QB1: 3,783 YDS, 19 TD, 11 INT, 90.4 RATING

QB2: 4,051 YDS, 25 TD, 7 INT, 93.4 RATING

QB1: Alex Smith
QB2: Brian Hoyer

— W1 Sports (@W1Sports) July 31, 2017

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:31 PM 08-08-2017
This thread needs to die in the RR as well
[Reply]
rico 12:46 PM 08-08-2017
You have to consider that the primary supporters of Alex, the members who keep the continual heated discussion alive, are the same individuals on all 3 of the forums where this occured -- the 2 49ers forums and this Chiefs forum.

Had all the Alexsexuals not signed up here after the trade, there never would have been such constant and contentious argument over Alex. It is just a dozen or so guys and it has been the same guys on all 3 forums. Take them out of the picture and there would have been far less frequent and rabid discussion, with most ChiefsPlanet members knowing exactly what they had in Alex -- a good but overly cautious QB who's meciocre play was geared not to lose rather than to win. It took a small handful of Alexsexuals to make a Mountain out of that molehill.
Interesting.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 63
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 > Last »
Up