ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 59
« First < 7475354555657 5859 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ellen Page is gay
Hammock Parties 01:02 AM 02-15-2014
Well, that's interesting.

http://gawker.com/ellen-page-comes-o...ium=socialflow

Actress Ellen Page publicly came out as gay Friday evening, while giving a speech at Time to THRIVE, a national LGBTQ youth conference held in Las Vegas.

"I'm here today because I am gay," Page told the assembled crowd, which responded with a standing ovation and a long chorus of cheers.

"Whoo!" said Page, before continuing:

Originally Posted by :

"And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.

I also do it selfishly because I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered, and my relationships suffered. And I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of that pain."
Page is most famous for becoming pregnant by her awkward classmate Michael Cera, and for invading the dreams of a stranger alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, neither of which happened in real life, because she is an actress.

After her speech, the Human Rights Campaign, which organized the conference, congratulated Page on the front page of its website for "her brave decision to live openly and authentically."
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:27 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
On a side note: How do we know which Netflix shows are popular? They still don't announce that, correct?
They routinely post which shows organize the largest parties and how many people show up.
[Reply]
scho63 07:39 PM 12-01-2020
Hollywood is a giant trash can of every freak, pervert, pedophile, sexual abuser and fucked up in the head people I've ever seen anywhere.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:51 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I have no idea what to tell my parents.
"I like sex, high five."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 07:52 PM 12-01-2020
So shes not gay anymore, so thats good.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:35 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
What, if anything, do they do with her name on the credits on all the work she did before she decided her name wasn’t Ellen?
Would they go back and change them? Seems complicated, since credits are more than just a standard type font?
This seems like a really stupid question.
[Reply]
loochy 09:06 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
We need to know.

Sex reassignments have consequences.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:28 PM 12-01-2020
very confusing to taco and hot dog vendors
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
What, if anything, do they do with her name on the credits on all the work she did before she decided her name wasn’t Ellen?
Would they go back and change them? Seems complicated, since credits are more than just a standard type font?
It's a fairly simple and quick process, other than the render time, and Netflix has already re-rendered all of the episodes of Umbrella Academy to reflect the new name. They've also announced that he will continue to be a cast member of the show.

As for the non-Netflix titles, I doubt there's a budget available on those Indie films to make those kind of changes and I'm not sure it makes much sense to change the name on older movies like X Men 3, Inception, et al.

It would probably be confusing to the viewer as well, especially first time viewers.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:52 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
She wasn't bad in it either. The detached monotone works for that part.

On a side note: How do we know which Netflix shows are popular? They still don't announce that, correct?
Netflix doesn't comment on their streams, unless they're astronomical.

But this year, companies like Nielsen and Parrot Analytics have recently begun tracking usage so the numbers are far more accurate than last year at this time.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:53 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
If I wanted your lip I’d pull your pants down.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:56 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's a fairly simple and quick process, other than the render time, and Netflix has already re-rendered all of the episodes of Umbrella Academy to reflect the new name. They've also announced that he will continue to be a cast member of the show.

As for the non-Netflix titles, I doubt there's a budget available on those Indie films to make those kind of changes and I'm not sure it makes much sense to change the name on older movies like X Men 3, Inception, et al.

It would probably be confusing to the viewer as well, especially first time viewers.

Thanks. I asked because the whole dead naming thing seems like a big issue in that community. I wondered if Elliot would get riled up knowing the dead name was played on a screen all the time.
[Reply]
kevrunner 09:59 PM 12-01-2020
Been nice if she had won an Oscar for Best Actress and now that she is a he, wins one for Best Actor.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:01 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Hollywood is a giant trash can of every freak, pervert, pedophile, sexual abuser and ****ed up in the head people I've ever seen anywhere.
Every one of them? So does that mean that every member of patriotsplanet lives in Hollywood?
[Reply]
007 10:12 PM 12-01-2020
This is not shocking nor unexpected
[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:30 PM 12-01-2020
For all us old farts here are some pointers in dealing with trans folk:

In light of Elliot Page coming out, we're going to go over some of the most basic trans/enby etiquette! Here are some of my top 15:
1. Don't use their birth name, not ever. You forget that shit ever existed
2. "You'll always be [dead name] to me" is not the compliment you think it is 🙃
3. "She is now a he" is a phrase y'all should drop from your trans phrase arsenal, effective immediately
4. Correct people if they use the wrong pronouns
5. Don't ask them what surgeries they've had or plan on having
6. "OMG I never would have known you were trans--" is also not the compliment you think it is
7. If you slip up on name/pronouns, just correct yourself and move on. Please, dear god, don't make it a big deal
8. Make an effort on pronouns
9. "He, she, it, whatever" is not the funny comment you think it is (@ my dad)
10. You don't get a special prize for using the right name and pronouns, 'tis a basic respect 🙂 Don't act like you're doing them a favor
11. Ask what you can do to support them!!!!
12. Everyone transitions in their own way and at their own pace. Y'all don't get to police that
13. Don't ask them if their label on their sexuality has changed. That's for them to know and y'all to find out
14. Please just be respectful
15. In the case of Elliot Page, it's safe to refer to roles he's played by the pronouns of the character being played (ex. he played a character named Juno, and Juno used she/her pronouns), but otherwise y'all should be using his actual pronouns, full stop.

The more you know...
[Reply]
Page 57 of 59
« First < 7475354555657 5859 >
Up