ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 82
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:15 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by loochy:
The freakin Gold Buffet

My old employer in the 90's had holiday parties there.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:16 AM 10-11-2017
I'll bet Foster Brooks was funnier than Hell...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:31 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by burt:
I've not read EVERY post....but has someone mentioned "Annies Sante Fe"?

That's because it sucked.. Ate there once courtesy of Randy Robinson

California Taqueria on Jefferson rocked, New place sucked, I wonder what the new place is now after shipping Allen to Vikings.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:47 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
That's because it sucked..
No, it did not.

Annie's was the best Mexican place in town from the late 70's to the mid-80's. It was always jammed packed in OP and the Plaza and reservations were needed if you wanted a table quickly.

Ate there once courtesy of Randy Robinson
Who the fuck is that?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:52 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No, it did not.

Annie's was the best Mexican place in town from the late 70's to the mid-80's. It was always jammed packed in OP and the Plaza and reservations were needed if you wanted a table quickly.

Who the **** is that?
The one at the old Bannister Mall?

Back in the early 80s that was a pretty happening place. My mom used to hang out there with her friends a lot.
[Reply]
scho63 10:04 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I'll bet Foster Brooks was funnier than Hell...
That's getting in the way back machine there! I remember him on the Dean Martin Roasts as a kid with Ruth Buzzi and Arte Johnson and Jonathan Winters.

:-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:37 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not exactly a restaurant of yesteryear, yet.

But in keeping with the tenor of the discussion, Iron Barley is moving out of the city into rural JeffCo. I'm sure it will still be awesome, but now it's a bit of a slog to go.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainmen...e9df84693.html
I used to frequent the IB, loved the street signs but dinner in the basement was the coolest thing ever. Owner's wife sold me a case of Bourbon County (6-4 packs $120) on Thanksgiving eve when there was none to be bought in all St Louie.

I lived off 67 and dated a gal in (Pacific coffee + opera house and RJ's) so traveled that area often.

Used to be an old house/ music venue near the new IB location called Villa Magnolia Saw some great shows there but Billy Peek (blues) was my favorite.

billypeek.com

[Reply]
cooper barrett 10-11-2017, 10:39 AM
This message has been deleted by cooper barrett.
cooper barrett 10:42 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
That's getting in the WABAC machine there! I remember him on the Dean Martin Roasts as a kid with Ruth Buzzi and Arte Johnson and Jonathan Winters.

:-)
FIFU
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:45 AM 10-11-2017
No, it did not.

Who the **** is that?

Definitely didn't suck - it was 'Americanized' but was darned good and they used good/quality ingredients. Unfortunately we'd generally go to the Bannister Mall location.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:50 AM 10-11-2017
Sunday lunch with Mom at Myron Green's in Mission... Wofferman's in Fairway when $$$ allowed.
Schnitzels for lunch from Warners in Mission

Eddy's Loaf and Stein, Prairie Village

Mugs-Up 75th and Metcalf crap food, good root beer

Shakey's Pizza

Villa Capri

Pizza Queen
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:51 AM 10-11-2017
Sunday lunch with Mom at Myron Green's in Mission...

Schnitzels for lunch from Warners in Mission

Eddy's Loaf and Stein, Prairie Village

Mugs-Up 75th and Metcalf crap food, good root beer

Shakey's Pizza

Villa Capri

Pizza Queen
Kremy Kone - Blue Springs 1979 closed - i barely remember it - off of 40hwy
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:59 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Definitely didn't suck - it was 'Americanized' but was darned good and they used good/quality ingredients. Unfortunately we'd generally go to the Bannister Mall location.
I thought it sucked myself Growing up, my mother would go to KC, KS and take cooking lessons from real Mexican cooks in authentic Mexican restaurants. When my mom made Mexican food there were at least 20 people over for dinner.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:00 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Back in the early 80s that was a pretty happening place. My mom used to hang out there with her friends a lot.
I never went to the Bannister Mall location, as I grew up mostly in the Overland Park/Lenexa/Shawnee Mission area.

I'd go to the Oak Park Mall location quite a bit and since my Dad worked on the Plaza, I'd occasionally meet him for lunch there or take dates there, especially around the winter holidays.

I'm sure it was "Americanized" but it was all I knew at the time. I recall loving their chips and salsa, along with their "Mexican Pizza".

I wonder if I'd like it today...
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:02 AM 10-11-2017

I wonder if I'd like it today...

Maybe if you could recognize them for what they are - You're a pretty big food snob though, so who knows? California will do that w/ regards to Mexican food.
[Reply]
threebag 11:05 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

We ate there everytime we were in KC I think when I was a kid
[Reply]
Page 56 of 82
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up