ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 94
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:57 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Dorsey came into a different situation.

Expectations are different, that's life. The Chiefs need Veach to be better because they're not rebuilding, they're trying to win a SB.
Seems to me if we are grading on that curve and criteria then Veach got the franchise the closest its been to a SB since 1993, well actually since 1970, in his first season.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh so Dorsey’s the one that gets the break here when he had the #1 overall pick while Veach didn’t have a pick until the middle of th 2nd?
Yeah, I wasn't expecting Dorsey to put the CHiefs over the hump in his first year.

Sorry, thems the breaks.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:58 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He took over the Chiefs when they sucked and flipped them in year 1...he's spinning the Browns around.

Dude deserves a massive amount of credit.
I didn’t say he doesn’t.

I’m simply pointing out the fact that like Veach, Dorsey’s first offseason wasn’t that spectacular and he had WAY more to work with.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:58 AM 03-13-2019
It's possible. All that may very well be true. But he had a lot of issues and he came into a good situation with Reid and the Chiefs.

Similarly in Cleveland, he was set up flush with picks and cash.

I don't know if you listen to Haberman and Middlekauff but John is pretty tight with Veach and company, so this may come off a little scorned earth, but his word was that Dorsey was to egotistical and that's why he was let go. I don't know.

I don't really have a lot yet to base Veach off of. He's signed some guys I like, but he's paid market for them, which as you said, isn't exactly hard.

This is a big offseason. So far, seems a little rocky.
You ever meet a football coach? I mean all the way down to !@#$ing peewee.

There's nobody involved in high-level football that isn't egotistical as hell. Those guys are all nuts. Dorsey's problem is that he was in a power share with someone else who has a healthy ego and in the end, that someone else was holding 55% to Dorsey's 45%. And that's why we got a Reid puppet installed in his place.

We still have the ego that made that situation untenable.
[Reply]
Best22 08:58 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Seems to me if we are grading on that curve and criteria then Veach got the franchise the closest its been to a SB since 1993, well actually since 1970, in his first season.
Closer, in fact

And the reason behind it is a 23 year old QB, not a 37 year old declining legend
[Reply]
staylor26 08:58 AM 03-13-2019
Yeah, I wasn't expecting Dorsey to put the CHiefs over the hump in his first year.

Sorry, thems the breaks.
Yea and Veach’s first year was a failure, right?

You didn’t expect to be 6 inches or a coin flip away from the SB either.
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea and Veach’s first year was a failure, right?

You didn’t expect to be 6 inches or a coin flip away from the SB either.
Maybe not. But don't you expect that now?

And hows that expectation line up with relying on...breeland Speaks?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:00 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Closer, in fact

And the reason behind it is a 23 year old QB, not a 37 year old declining legend
But as DJ said, right now I'm not sure without Dorsey this team even has Mahomes, Dorsey is a good negotiator and the best rank I'll give Veach on that is I guess we'll see but right now results aren't the best.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 09:01 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
First, last years production was elite, and it's a what have you done for me lately league. Second, we weren't paying him $85MM, but only $16MM for 1 year.
Dee Ford cost us a trip to the Super Bowl. That's not an exaggeration. It's not hyperbole. It's a fact.

In the team's most important game in the last 50 years, Dee Ford had zero tackles. In the team's most important game in the last 50 years, Dee Ford had zero sacks. And despite Ford making no contribution whatsoever, we still would have won the game if not for his bonehead penalty at the end of the game that literally cost us a trip to the Super Bowl.

There's no way the Chiefs could ever let that mother****er play another down for them. You can never ever trust him again in a big game. Kudos to Veach for getting a second round pick for him.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:01 AM 03-13-2019
I agree with DJ's post up there...Dorsey is a top 5 GM in the league Veach...we'll see but he isn't as good as Dorsey.
Dorsey was the beneficiary of the GM’s before him.

How quickly you all forget that Dorsey was handed DJ, Tamba, Houston, Poe and Berry at their absolute best. Pioli also handed that motherfucker an extremely generous pile of money to spend in FA.

Then what did Dorsey do? He made the defense a total shit show when the prime players handed to him started breaking down. And his replacements were what? Peters? Ford? His only great pick was Chris Jones. That’s it.

Now he goes to Cleveland with the best situation any GM could ask for. He’s got tons of money and tons of high draft picks.

Look closely and you will already see that he’s doing the same shit he did here.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:02 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

How quickly you all forget that Dorsey was handed DJ, Tamba, Houston, Poe and Berry at their absolute best. Pioli also handed that mother****er an extremely generous pile of money to spend in FA.

Then what did Dorsey do? He made the defense a total shit show when the prime players handed to him started breaking down. And his replacements were what? Peters? Ford? His only great pick was Chris Jones. That’s it.

Now he goes to Cleveland with the best situation any GM could ask for. He’s got tons of money and tons of high draft picks.

Look closely and you will already see that he’s doing the same shit he did here.
This
[Reply]
Mecca 09:02 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

How quickly you all forget that Dorsey was handed DJ, Tamba, Houston, Poe and Berry at their absolute best. Pioli also handed that motherfucker an extremely generous pile of money to spend in FA.

It's really unfortunate he went to Cleveland and basically gave them a top 5 WR duo with a franchise QB without giving up to much to do it...man how shitty.

You guys that crap on Dorsey realize how many GM's have shit themselves in jobs like that? It works because he knows what he's doing for the most part. The Chiefs drafted more pro bowl players than any other team while he was here, yet lets bitch that he sucks alright.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:03 AM 03-13-2019
But as DJ said, right now I'm not sure without Dorsey this team even has Mahomes, Dorsey is a good negotiator and the best rank I'll give Veach on that is I guess we'll see but right now results aren't the best.
You can literally say the same thing about Veach since he’s the guy that sold everybody on him.

I’m not RunKC here, I think Dorsey is an excellent GM. I just think both sides of this are unfair.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Dorsey was the triggerman that got the deal done that moved us to literally the EXACT RIGHT SPOT to get Patrick Mahomes.

What in Veach's history leads you to believe he'd have been able to do the same thing?

Veach is an excellent scout and deserves credit for being on Mahomes before other teams. But Dorsey's the guy who made that trade happen and is the reason Patrick Mahomes is a chief.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:04 AM 03-13-2019
Ok, fine.

But add better players to that scheme and.....you'll get better results, no?

I'm kind of over the whole "scheme fit" stuff. Fit your fucking scheme to the players. If you can't do that, what the hell do you do?
Not the point.

If you’re gonna be sending 5 on blitzes pretty often or at least going to do a good job disguising your fronts, a pure pass rusher like Ford has less value to you. Because you’re going to be less reliant on him to get pressure on the QB.

Add in the $15.5M price tag and his high injury risk, it’s a no brainer to move on. They weren’t keeping him after this year anyways.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 94
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up