ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 74
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:07 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
what did you mean by this?
What's so hard to understand about that? Raiders suck, the end.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:59 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
So the first game against the Texans on July 26th?
Yes. Absolutely. If the players want to get full checks I'd be pushing hard for it if I was a player. Unless they plan to play in a bubble and never leave after ohhh about Oct 15 good luck getting a the full season plus playoffs in.

We are going to get throttled with 100k cases a day if we take no more measures than we are now. I'm not even advocating for more measures right now. Its not the cold and flu season. The way Coronaviruses spread during c and f season is on a whole another level.

And...if you started early you could even have...**gasp**...fans if you absolutely wanted to at say 25 pct capacity.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:43 PM 06-24-2020
NFL to block off first 6 to 8 rows with tarps.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-block-o...235412747.html

There will be no "dream seats" at NFL stadiums this fall, even if fans are allowed in the stands.

The league plans to block off the first six to eight rows of every lower bowl section, including field-level suites, in order to help slow the spread of the coronavirus, according to Ben Fischer of the Sports Business Journal. Those sections will be tarped off, and teams will be given the option to sell signage to local sponsors that will be seen on TV.

John Ourand

@Ourand_SBJ
The first six to eight rows in every NFL stadium will be off limits to fans this season - covered with a tarp that will have sponsor logos that can be seen on TV. @BenFischerSBJ has the details. http://sbjsbd.biz/3er0SJ0

1:49 PM - Jun 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
299 people are talking about this
According to the Sports Business Journal, the seats covered by tarps will look familiar to those in the English Premier League, which resumed its season last week with no fans.

On Tuesday, The Athletic reported that the NFL will not place a limit on capacity at games, allowing each individual team to make the decision themselves.

"Attendance will be a state-by-state, county-by-county thing," an anonymous NFL source told The Athletic. "It will not be a one size fits all."

Both the Redskins and Ravens told NBC Sports Washington on Wednesday that they plan to follow state and local regulations to determine how many tickets (if any) they sell for home games this fall.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:20 PM 06-24-2020
So basically we'll all be the San Diego Stub hubs at best atmosphere wise...great
[Reply]
Coogs 07:24 PM 06-24-2020
So if you have season tickets in the first 6 to 8 rows, are you just out of luck? Or does everything get pushed up 6 to 8 rows, and the last 6 to 8 rows are out of luck?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:37 PM 06-24-2020
Here’s what could be done:

1. Don’t have fans at first. We’ll all know when that’s a good idea and when that day comes have fans.

2. Hold all team meetings outside. Going into buildings and rooms in close proximity to other players who you don’t know where they’ve been is just impossible. It seems that there is little spread outside. Hold team meetings outside.

3. Test everyone every day. It’s a total pain in the ass but before people can enter the facility and get around others test everyone. I think there are quick tests that could let you get a result quick enough that people could wait in their cars before proceeding.

4. When you have to travel once again test everyone before they get on the plane.

5. Rent the entire hotel out when you are the road team and test everyone who works at the place before they’re allowed to come in the hotel. If there’s a way to minimize exposure to third-parties do it — bring your own support staff or just don’t have room service and maid service while players are there.

6. Test before the game. There may be some possibility of abuse here (I could see Mahomes having a lot of false positives and apologies after the game when the result is confirmed to be negative) unless the league is in charge.

Any other ideas? It’s a mess but trying to make lemonade here...
[Reply]
tk13 08:20 PM 06-24-2020
I think it's possible we'll see football, but at this rate there's no way there's going to be fans in the stadiums. Things are going to have to turn around very soon.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:35 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Here’s what could be done:

1. Don’t have fans at first. We’ll all know when that’s a good idea and when that day comes have fans.

2. Hold all team meetings outside. Going into buildings and rooms in close proximity to other players who you don’t know where they’ve been is just impossible. It seems that there is little spread outside. Hold team meetings outside.

3. Test everyone every day. It’s a total pain in the ass but before people can enter the facility and get around others test everyone. I think there are quick tests that could let you get a result quick enough that people could wait in their cars before proceeding.

4. When you have to travel once again test everyone before they get on the plane.

5. Rent the entire hotel out when you are the road team and test everyone who works at the place before they’re allowed to come in the hotel. If there’s a way to minimize exposure to third-parties do it — bring your own support staff or just don’t have room service and maid service while players are there.

6. Test before the game. There may be some possibility of abuse here (I could see Mahomes having a lot of false positives and apologies after the game when the result is confirmed to be negative) unless the league is in charge.

Any other ideas? It’s a mess but trying to make lemonade here...
The rapid tests are absolutely worthless.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:32 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think it's possible we'll see football, but at this rate there's no way there's going to be fans in the stadiums. Things are going to have to turn around very soon.
Tomorrow or the next day we will have the most cases ever in the USA. It’s not just more testing.

This shit is far from over. Going to warm up and go away remember that? Cali, AZ, Fl and Texas are getting ready to have a really bad month.

If people don’t wear their mask, there isn’t going to be football.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:03 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The rapid tests are absolutely worthless.
Well shit.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 01:33 AM 06-25-2020
Ain't gonna be no sports at all after August, just the way it is. The mlb experiment will have failed, with that you can count on schools closed. No schools, no football.
[Reply]
Sorry 02:23 AM 06-25-2020
This year is over I’m terms of back to business as usual. Prob next spring is best case scenario tbh
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:16 AM 06-25-2020
Not a good development

The Dallas Cowboys-Pittsburgh Steelers preseason opener at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, on Aug. 6 is being canceled and the Hall of Fame's enshrinement ceremony on Aug. 8 is being postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, league sources told ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 25, 2020

[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:34 AM 06-25-2020
The new normal for another year. Yay forthe open it back up people.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Ain't gonna be no sports at all after August, just the way it is. The mlb experiment will have failed, with that you can count on schools closed. No schools, no football.
The Phillies training site is in a county in Florida(mine :-)). No one here believes there has been only a handful of players test positive. We live here. Nurses I know personally have tested 17 Phillies organization or players positive for covid in the last week. There are another 4 MLB training sites within an hour of the Phillies. AZ aint in much better shape.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 74
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up