ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 56
« First < 5455152535455 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 NBA Off Season Thread
Al Bundy 07:13 PM 06-20-2017

Sources: Charlotte is sending Miles Plumlee, Marco Belenelli and 41st pick to Atlanta for Dwight Howard and 31st pick.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 21, 2017

The Celtics and 76ers have agreed to a trade that will send the #1 pick to Philly, who plan on drafting Markelle Fultz (@daldridgetnt)

— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) June 18, 2017

The draft is June 22nd.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:15 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah. He came back...uh...thick.

He didn't have the lateral ability to defend guards and the Lakers has a couple of pretty good guards already in Jones and Nick the Quick. And Ceballos was their best player at the 3 so Magic just kinda settled into the 4. Fortunately it was just a tick before the stretch 4s really started to show up so you could get away with Magic's more limited mobility because he was still a pretty tall dude and could body up some of the more lumbering 4s in the league (who in many cases were just mediocre 5s).

Offensively he played point forward a lot. Van Exel still brought the ball up a fair amount but most of the offense went through Magic once he came back.
I remember Nick being one of the better second rounders of that time. Thuggins' program at Cinci was producing all sorts of interesting talent.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:35 PM 09-29-2017
WOW

WESTBROOK JUST RESIGNED WITH OKC. 5 years.

AWESOME! I figured he was sure to walk after this year, searching for a championship somewhere else or go back to LA where he grew up. What a stud

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...205m-extension
[Reply]
Stinger 01:39 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
WOW

WESTBROOK JUST RESIGNED WITH OKC. 5 years.

AWESOME! I figured he was sure to walk after this year, searching for a championship somewhere else or go back to LA where he grew up. What a stud

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...205m-extension
Was just searching for this thread to post this.....

Russell Westbrook has agreed to a five-year, $205M contract extension with OKC, league sources tell ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 29, 2017

[Reply]
BWillie 02:02 PM 09-29-2017
This will really help give OKC stability and possibly attract some FA's. Hopefully Steven Adams can take that next step. I'm not as high on Steven Adams like alot of people. He gets so many easy baskets from the attention Westbrook gets, does not have elite athleticism, isn't a great shot blocker or even a great rebounder. Probably gets 7-8 ppg a game just strictly from Westbrooks dump offs and wide open alley oops that any schmuck could make. He is a very good positional post defender, though.
[Reply]
tk13 02:27 PM 09-29-2017
He did it on Durant's birthday too. I'm guessing that may not be a coincidence.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:47 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
He did it on Durant's birthday too. I'm guessing that may not be a coincidence.
Probably not

Originally Posted by :
The plan was to announce it Sunday before a public team scrimmage at a local high school, but Westbrook showed up at the practice facility on Friday and said it was the day to make it official.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 09-29-2017
Well that does nothing to encourage Paul George to go to LA.

I still can't figure out how Julius Randle to Indy for PG wasn't a better package than what they got. Best answer I can come up with was that it clearly was but Indy's GM was pissed and wasn't going to send George to LA via trade.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:49 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Russell Westbrook averaged 10.4 apg last season. He isn't a ball hog anymore.

It's going to be interesting to see how they mesh... I think they can make it work. Still not beating the Spurs or Warriors but they will be up there.
You're going to have high assists when you're pretty much the only guy who gets to control the ball.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:00 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
You're going to have high assists when you're pretty much the only guy who gets to control the ball.
True but I don't think Westbrook is a ballhog. His supporting cast sucked last season anyway.

He's certainly not John Stockton or Jason Kidd but he can get others involved.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:20 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
True but I don't think Westbrook is a ballhog. His supporting cast sucked last season anyway.

He's certainly not John Stockton or Jason Kidd but he can get others involved.
Who is he supposed to pass it to? I wouldn't pass it to Kyle Singler either. I do wish he would stop taking so many ill advised shots, but his mid range game does make him less exploitable. It makes defenders keep him honest so he can either pull up from 3, drive and pull up, or go all the way to the basket. Part of his reckless nature gets him to draw TONNNS of fouls. If he could ever be a .390 3-point shooter he would be impossible to defend.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:28 PM 09-29-2017
Anybody think Bryce Alford could stick with OKC? Guy can shoot it.
[Reply]
okcchief 11:29 PM 09-29-2017
Westbrook is one of a kind. I hope it pays off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:36 PM 10-09-2017
Wow. Big money for a guy always injured.

Philadelphia center Joel Embiid has agreed to a five-year, $148 million designated rookie scale max extension, league sources told ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) October 9, 2017

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:39 PM 10-09-2017
I wish I knew a little more about how the designated rookie max vs. the regular ol' max (and the supermax) worked.

Because I fail to see how guaranteeing Embiid $30 million/yr now is smarter than making him wait for a year to see if he can put up any kind of track record of reliability. Unless the max he'd have been eligible for after this season was potentially much larger, the risk wouldn't seem to justify the reward.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:47 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Wow. Big money for a guy always injured.

Way too much... He only played a qrt of one season.

The 76ers are taking a big gamble with that signing.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 56
« First < 5455152535455 56 >
Up