ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 539 of 791
« First < 39439489529535536537538539 540541542543549589639 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:19 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
He played under Spags in NYG, correct? I'll have to go Google his age, but I vaguely remember him being a stud at one point?
[Reply]
penchief 03:20 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He was the 196th pick in the draft. The fact they got anything at all out of him is good. Getting a top kick returner is excellent.
Good point.
[Reply]
O.city 03:21 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Is that the guy out of UT? Like him as a prospect and have completely lost track of him since.

Is he a piece of shit?
Was in New Orleans for a few years IIRC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Is that the guy out of UT? Like him as a prospect and have completely lost track of him since.

Is he a piece of shit?
Rotational player. Not much more than that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
He played under Spags in NYG, correct? I'll have to go Google his age, but I vaguely remember him being a stud at one point?
4 years in AZ, 2 years in NO. Nothing really standout about him.
[Reply]
O.city 03:22 PM 03-14-2019
Rotational player. Not much more than that.
6 mil per year for rotational? Am I way out thinking that's a little much?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:22 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
4 seasons as a cardinal, two as a saint. Tore his Achilles in '17. Played a full 16 games in '18 and statistically was the same player.
[Reply]
srvy 03:22 PM 03-14-2019
Radars release Jordy Nelson. Bet he goes back to GB?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:22 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Nice. Also fulfills Veach’s fetish for guys who’ve torn things recently :-) He tore his achillies in 2017
If you ain't tearin shit, you ain't tryin.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:23 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ok fair enough. But have some hope man! If we get Darby, Veach is off to a great start and he’s got much more draft capital to work with this time. Have faith and remind yourself that this is the man that did the dirty work to make sure Reid and Dorsey fell in love with Mahomes too.
I'll give Veach credit for one thing-- he's pretty good at knowing when to pull the goddamn plug. Last offseason was pretty obvious in terms of ousting Hali, Johnson, and letting everybody else walk, but he's had to make some slightly tougher decisions this time around.

The pressure probably would have gotten to 75% of the league's other GMs regarding Alex Smith and the year he had. His scouting mentor Roseman in Philly just recently made the mistake in not selling high on Foles. Ted Thompson (through John Dorsey) in Green Bay kept Favre too long. He could have kept Alex another season and said damn the trade compensation, and nobody but us Mahomos would have batted an eye. But he made the right call and got a pretty good deal.

There was pressure on him this offseason to create cap but also not ship out too many of the defensive playmakers we had last year, only because there were so few. I expected him to just pick one between Ford and Houston. He did both, which I really do applaud. AND he had the balls to finally tell Berry to go fuck himself.

His overspending and overaggression aside, he's not a bad GM. He still has a knack for finding contributors in the deep asscracks of the league-- that was an important skill that Dorsey possessed that I think won't be disappearing with Veach in charge.

Is that good enough? Probably not, which is why I hope he learns to be a LOT more patient in the draft this year. If he's the scouting genius he has the reputation for, then he needs to put that genius to good use and put together deeper scouting reports on more guys further down their draft board.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:23 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd guess he'd be penciled in to start opposite Speaks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:24 PM 03-14-2019
Looks to me like he's a 4-5 sack guy so I don't know. Kind of came out of left field.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:24 PM 03-14-2019
4 years in AZ, 2 years in NO. Nothing really standout about him.
Clearly thinking of someone else
[Reply]
O.city 03:24 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'd guess he'd be penciled in to start opposite Speaks.
Kinda seems like it's a "he can do it if the draft or the rest of free agency doesn't go our way" kinda guy.

Not great but won't really hurt you if you need him
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:25 PM 03-14-2019
Kinda seems like it's a "he can do it if the draft or the rest of free agency doesn't go our way" kinda guy.

Not great but won't really hurt you if you need him
Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 539 of 791
« First < 39439489529535536537538539 540541542543549589639 > Last »
Up