ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 54
« First < 3434950515253 54 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt signs with the Chiefs [2024 edition]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:32 PM Yesterday
The ESPN story

Kareem back 6 years after the Chiefs cut him.

BS--we had to cut him.The Browns were lucky we had to cut him.

If we could not have him, no one else should have.

I will never get past that.
[Reply]
TEX 09:07 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
The ESPN story

Exactly! KC did the "right" thing, and were the biggest losers in the whole deal.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:11 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, if there's one thing Big Red struggles with, it's offensive football. It's too bad, really. Just think of all the **** we could have won.
He definitely has been struggling in the red zone and in goal line situations.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:31 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
The ESPN story

We did NOT have to cut him; that was Clark's dumbass choice. Literally everyone knew he would play again fairly soon.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:38 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly! KC did the "right" thing, and were the biggest losers in the whole deal.
Cost them a Super Bowl. But if your 2018 team wins the Super Bowl, does Bob Sutton keep his job over the long haul? Spags was pretty important to winning the last 2 rings for KC. The domino effect is pretty interesting on this situation.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:57 AM Today
Isn't Cleveland's OL awful? Seems like Hunt's declining numbers probably had more to do with that than being 28.

His numbers in Cleveland were never close to his numbers in Reid's offense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Cost them a Super Bowl. But if your 2018 team wins the Super Bowl, does Bob Sutton keep his job over the long haul? Spags was pretty important to winning the last 2 rings for KC. The domino effect is pretty interesting on this situation.
Once again. The decision to cut Kareem Hunt had absolutely no bearing on the 2018 Super Bowl. He was not playing regardless. He was on the commissioners exempt list. The Chiefs did not cut him until after he was on that list.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
:-)

We're all pulling for KC's best redemption story on the team. I'm all for a teary-eyed Hunt holding the Lombardi with tears jump cutting down his cheeks the next two years...
[Reply]
DRM08 11:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Once again. The decision to cut Kareem Hunt had absolutely no bearing on the 2018 Super Bowl. He was not playing regardless. He was on the commissioners exempt list. The Chiefs did not cut him until after he was on that list.
That's completely fair to say. I'm thinking more along the lines that if Kareem stayed out of trouble to begin with, the 2018 Chiefs probably win the Super Bowl. That would create the interesting domino effect with Bob Sutton & Spags.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:13 AM Today
Which SB did cutting him cost us?
[Reply]
philfree 11:50 AM Today
So Hunt is for sure playing this week?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:52 AM Today
But winning that Super Bowl includes a win over Tom Brady in the playoffs.

I personally don't care that Pat is 0-2 against Tom in the playoffs, but I know every Patriot nut hugger on the planet will hold that stat against him until the end of time.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by philfree:
So Hunt is for sure playing this week?
They sent Ingram back down to the practice squad, so if they want 3 RBs (which they almost always do), he'll be active.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:51 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
But winning that Super Bowl includes a win over Tom Brady in the playoffs.

I personally don't care that Pat is 0-2 against Tom in the playoffs, but I know every Patriot nut hugger on the planet will hold that stat against him until the end of time.
So be it. Tom is the GOAT. He’s also the luckiest player in football history, starting with that Tuck Rule which only existed for a very short time period. I would not mind if Patriot fans suffer for 50 years after all the lucky BS that went their way in the Brady years.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:57 PM Today
That's completely fair to say. I'm thinking more along the lines that if Kareem stayed out of trouble to begin with, the 2018 Chiefs probably win the Super Bowl. That would create the interesting domino effect with Bob Sutton & Spags.

Lets be real here, losing in 2018 cost us 1 SB, but gained us Spags who got us 3 more we likely wouldn't have seen nearly that soon.

3:1 is a great trade off.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 54
« First < 3434950515253 54 >
Up