Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:17 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
WTF?

I bet Hunt is paying Reid as the top coach in the league with his new extension and Dorsey was like "I want to be the highest paid GM and these teams have told me they will pay me as such"

And Clark looked at the salary cap and the fact KC only won 1 playoff game in 4 years and decided to pass.

The official release from KC seems to indicate that's the case by its exact wording of letting Dorsey Perdue other opportunities.

I bet John ends up GBs new GM.

Andy basically hired Dorsey, anyway...he will assist in hiring the next Dorsey, as well.

I just hope Dorsey doesn't take his scouts with him.
how did teams, some of which who have actually gone to a Super Bowl, ever get by without Dorsey and his scouts?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:17 PM 06-22-2017
After reading the posts about Reid being the one deciding on personnel, I am hopeful that may be the case. If so, then we should be fine. I would guess that the coaches often have more say so than they get credit for anyway. Take Marty for example. Carl Peterson made his best player decisions when Marty was coach. During the Gunther and Vermeil years, our team got bad due to poor drafting and free agency. Then Herm was hired and drafting improved. Meanwhile, AJ Smith looked like a brilliant GM while Marty was his coach. Marty was canned for Norf. Next thing you know, AJ Smith sucks and gets fired for it. Dorsey will land somewhere soon. So we will soon see if it was Reid or Dorsey when they are running separate teams.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:18 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's gonna be Veach
Yea I'm pretty confident about that
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:18 PM 06-22-2017
Hmmm.

Dorsey fired a bunch of front office guys and scouts.

Maybe he fired them/didn't renew their contracts because he already had something in the works...
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:18 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
KranzDictum 07:19 PM 06-22-2017
WTF?

I bet Hunt is paying Reid as the top coach in the league with his new extension and Dorsey was like "I want to be the highest paid GM and these teams have told me they will pay me as such"

And Clark looked at the salary cap and the fact KC only won 1 playoff game in 4 years and decided to pass.

The official release from KC seems to indicate that's the case by its exact wording of letting Dorsey Perdue other opportunities.

I bet John ends up GBs new GM.

Andy basically hired Dorsey, anyway...he will assist in hiring the next Dorsey, as well.

Spin it bossman!

LOL

1st kc passes on Vet FA's,

Then moving up in the draft to reach on a QBOTF

Then dumping cap space.

Now they dump their GM

Sure sounds like a team in a full on rebuild to me.

I guess no one was happy with one WC win in over 20 years.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:20 PM 06-22-2017
I'm all for waiting to see who the new man will be, but that anyone would be in this thread singing the praises of Clark and Reid at this point pretty much tells me that some folks use blatant stupidity as a coping mechanism.
[Reply]
O.city 07:23 PM 06-22-2017
https://twitter.com/jasoncolebr/stat...56842202537984
[Reply]
O.city 07:25 PM 06-22-2017
Wonder if Clark wasn't happy about the Jc and or maclin ordeals?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:26 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You're still missing a possible scenario. If Reid said to keep Dorsey then Ballard was going to be allowed to walk. Personally I see it like this...

A) Dorsey was Reid's bitch
+
B) Reid was semi-content with Dorsey at the time Ballard left so Clark keeps him
+
C) Reid got pissed about the Maclin deal, especially after the JC deal
+
D) Dorsey thought he had the team over the barrel with Ballard being gone
=
Reid\Clark said, "hit the road, Jack" or John on this case
Reid shouldn't have been making that decision and Clark has said it isn't the case. But even so you don't fire or ask to push a guy out over how he handles the Maclin situation.

Most importantly, whether Reid or more likely Clark, you don't let Ballard go because you are semi-content with a GM. It's too big a decision to say "eh I'm semi-content". I'm just not accepting Dorsey as Reid's bitch. Both of their histories and how this team has been built says that isn't what happened.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Derrrick Thomas, Will Shields, Tony Gonzales, Jared Allen.

Which future Hall of Famers have Pioli (in KC) and Dorsey, draft?
That remains to be seen. If we asked that question in CP's first 3 years we wouldn't have an answer either. There are guys on this roster that could potentially be but that's a long way and jump from here. Dorsey has definitely drafted Jared Allen level players IMO. The other three are monsters but Carl also had 20 years. You could argue Houston if it wasn't for his injuries. Who knows what Kelce, Peters ect turn into. I'm not saying they will be, but it's crazy early for anyone he drafted.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:27 PM 06-22-2017
https://twitter.com/jasoncolebr/stat...56842202537984

Jason Cole‏Verified account
@JasonColeBR
Follow
More
Ex-Chiefs GM John Dorsey told a source within past 2 months that he was "butting heads" with owner Clark Hunt recently. Didn't say why

[Reply]
penbrook 07:27 PM 06-22-2017
Cole said it was before the Maclin deal
[Reply]
petegz28 07:27 PM 06-22-2017
It very well could be a combo of things, those very much included. I mean, you took 2 fan favorites, well 1 fan favorite and 1 fan-hero in JC and just told them to fuck off. You dump what should be your #1 RB and #1 WR without so much as even an attempt at a contract negotiation and that is enough to get your ass on the radar.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:28 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
how did teams, some of which who have actually gone to a Super Bowl, ever get by without Dorsey and his scouts?
Probably by hiring a new/outside GM every few years to keep things fresh.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:29 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Cole said it was before the Maclin deal
So the Maclin deal could have played a significant part if they were already at odds.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 137
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Up