ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 95
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
BigRichard 08:55 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I see you really took the time to read that article.
I took the time to do my own research on the numbers. Have you?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:56 AM 06-08-2020
Even if you just look at total police killings (1,004), blacks account for 1/4 of them (234) despite accounting for 50+% of homicides themselves.

No matter how you want to look at it, blacks aren’t being disproportionately killed by cops, but let’s continue to pretend otherwise.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 06-08-2020

An NFL executive on the phone with me Sunday: “Let’s put it this way: The second I saw him in that video, I knew Roger had to act quickly. Everyone, including all the owners, knows he’s the guy.” https://t.co/O8hYReWSx5

— Jason Reid (@JReidESPN) June 8, 2020

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:57 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
So which is it? Equality or police brutality?
Why must they be mutually exclusive? Is it not possible another case of police brutality directed at blacks highlighted in bright red magic marker the issue of inequality? Is it not then possible the protests as a result of that episode inspired more brazen acts by law enforcement that BRC is pointing out?

And do you think you're being clever by trying to obscure the issue by using this very bland misdirection?
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:00 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Why must they be mutually exclusive? Is it not possible another case of police brutality directed at blacks highlighted in bright red magic marker the issue of inequality? Is it not then possible the protests as a result of that episode inspired more brazen acts by law enforcement that BRC is pointing out?

And do you think you're being clever by trying to obscure the issue by using this very bland misdirection?
That is such ****ing bullshit. When having a discussion about numbers you need to know what the **** you are talking about so yes, they are two completely separate issues. Quit trying to muddy the water when it comes to your agrument.

I will ask again, are we talking about police brutality against blacks or not?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yep. Mahomes is the next golden child of the NFL. As he should be. The NFL needs him. It should have been an easy call for the NFL. The ground has shifted.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:03 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yep. Mahomes is the next golden child of the NFL. As he should be. The NFL needs him. It should have been an easy call for the NFL. The ground has shifted.
So this is gonna be real fun when the kneeling over the flag battle resumes.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 AM 06-08-2020
When less than 10% of the population is committing more than 50% of the murders, you’re going to get more attention from police, but people like Twisted and Meck don’t want to talk about that.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:06 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You're gotdamn right "he's the guy"! 🏆
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:06 AM 06-08-2020
The more you are given. The more is required of you. Patrick has to do, what he has to do
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:10 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
When less than 10% of the population is committing more than 50% of the murders, you’re going to get more attention from police, but people like Twisted and Meck don’t want to talk about that.
it's 6% of the population actually accounting for 44% of ALL VIOLENT CRIME ARRESTS......

But hey Black Lives Matter only when the police are involved. Whats that you say Police officers are 18x more likely to be killed by a black man then the other way around. Crazy..............

They Irony is that we must treat all POLICE the same, yet we are NOT ALLOWED to turn around and do the same to the African American community.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So this is gonna be real fun when the kneeling over the flag battle resumes.
Mahomes is going to take a knee. Count on it. There are going to be hundreds of tweets before the first game. He's still going to take a knee. Maybe the whole team.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:12 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, I fully understand the basis for racial profiling. I'm not even sure I disagree with it. Should TSA officers at the airport spend the same amount of time on an 85-year-old white woman as a 25-year-old Arabic man? No, they shouldn't because they have limited resources.

But what if those black crime statistics you cite are a result of generations of racism? And fewer opportunities? And a sense of hopelessness?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:14 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No, I fully understand the basis for racial profiling. I'm not even sure I disagree with it. Should TSA officers at the airport spend the same amount of time on an 85-year-old white woman as a 25-year-old Arabic man? No, they shouldn't because they have limited resources.

But what if those black crime statistics you cite are a result of generations of racism? And fewer opportunities? And a sense of hopelessness?
Then we would see other racial groups with the same problem. We don't, so its not.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:15 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Mahomes is going to take a knee. Count on it. There are going to be hundreds of tweets before the first game. He's still going to take a knee. Maybe the whole team.
I don't care if they do, I think its disrespectful. But again I don't care enough to change my perception of someone just because they do something I THINK (Personal Opinion) is disrespectful.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 95
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up