ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 67
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2018 FIFA World Cup Thread.
TripleThreat 02:47 PM 06-15-2018
The most popular tournament in the world has finally come to a reality after 4 long years. 32 teams battle it out for the once every four year tournament known as the FIFA World Cup.

USA Eliminated from the World Cup, and did not qualify for the tournament for the first time since 1986. USA plans and vows to be back as a power house for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

USA, Mexico, and Canada will host the 2026 FIFA World Cup, with USA hosting 60 of the 80 matches. Below is a link for the 2026 possible venues for play, Arrowhead being one of the possibility's as a venue for the cup.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/wor...da-going-to-be

Below are the 32 teams that qualified this year for the 2018 World Cup, and will fight for a chance at the title.

Eliminated:

Group A: Saudia Arabia, Egypt

Group B: Iran, Morocco

Group C: Peru, Australia

Group D: Iceland, Nigeria

Group E: Costa Rica, serbia

Group F: Germany, Korea Republic

Group G: Panama Tunisia

Group H: Poland, Senegal

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:17 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
What about Messi or Modric or Hazard or Neymar?

Their games are built on vision, control, and an innate feel of where to be. That is developed through years of playing and development.
I understand 100%. Again I'm not saying that our greatest athletes, Lebron, Trout, Antonio Brown, whoever...would be the ones translating. Just that perhaps somewhere in our other sports a guy like Hazard or even a Kane went a different route.

Truth is I hope you guys are right. IMHO it's a lot more likely we fix our youth programs than start getting the major youth in the U.S. to be choosing soccer over the other sports.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:21 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
So you guys think if all of our athletes were funneled into soccer at a young age we would be standing in the same spot we are right now?
My point is, its not so much about athletes. It's about concentration and culture to develop skills and gameplans.

Developing high-level soccer is more akin to melding the individual skill set of a golfer or a musician, with the creative and teamwork skills of an orchestra and composer, than it is assembling the most formidable athletes.

There is something to be said about benefitting from the infusion of the mindset and dedication of American professional athletes, but that's a different matter from infusing their raw athleticism.
[Reply]
Shag 12:22 PM 07-10-2018
Amazing save by Lloris there. Belgium controlling the game so far, France just trying to counter. C'mon, Belgium!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:22 PM 07-10-2018
Lloris the beast.
[Reply]
loochy 12:22 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I understand 100%. Again I'm not saying that our greatest athletes, Lebron, Trout, Antonio Brown, whoever...would be the ones translating. Just that perhaps somewhere in our other sports a guy like Hazard or even a Kane went a different route.

Truth is I hope you guys are right. IMHO it's a lot more likely we fix our youth programs than start getting the major youth in the U.S. to be choosing soccer over the other sports.
The problem is this next "super athlete" would go into the youth system and rot and not be taught up to his or her potential. American sports are robotic. We need more going on similar to "hood street basketball" and less going on similar to "white people get in giant SUV to go to soccer game to get participation trophies and orange slices".
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:24 PM 07-10-2018
The problem is this next "super athlete" would go into the youth system and rot and not be taught up to his or her potential.
Posted via Mobile Device
True.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:25 PM 07-10-2018
how many of those guys would meet typical American athletic standards? Maybe Lukaku and Ronaldo? What about Messi or Modric or Hazard or Neymar?

Their games are built on vision, control, and an innate feel of where to be. That is developed through years of playing and development.
Did you get an eyeful of Shaqiri? That dude is a brick shithouse.
[Reply]
loochy 12:25 PM 07-10-2018
BTW, Ronaldo to Juve just went final
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Shag 12:27 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
He's also 5' 7". Not many pro athletes in any major US sport at that size.
[Reply]
loochy 12:28 PM 07-10-2018
Yeah. He's related to Gimli. Shaqiri, son of Gloin.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
loochy 12:29 PM 07-10-2018
I actually had Shaqiri in my list to begin with, but I took him out because he's not "star" enough.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:35 PM 07-10-2018
Just a torrent of haymakers. Two really offensively skilled squads.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:40 PM 07-10-2018
Pavard should've!! But Courtois did.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:44 PM 07-10-2018
Danger Will Robinson!!

Here's where Lukaku and Fellaini come in handy

EDIT - right into Fellaini's chest.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:48 PM 07-10-2018
Lulz
[Reply]