ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 163
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
jd1020 03:06 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It could’ve happened due to neglect? An accident where he was disciplining his child in a normal way and the kid fought it and it led to the broken arm?
An accident is his kid falling off his bike and breaking his arm.

How is disciplining a child in such a way that a person breaks their arm an accident?
[Reply]
Bowser 03:06 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude, Kietzman is an idiot. I had to listen to him because of the Royals on 610. He is desperately making a plea for the NFL to suspend him and for the Chiefs to cut him.
I guess Tyreek gave Keitzman the superstar treatment like Tony Gonzalez did back in the day at the Super Bowl, or how Dyson and Hosmer once tried to get into one of his 810 Zones without paying the cover. Keitzman hates that shit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:07 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Should have been a press release and not a news conference. That release should have just said no charges to be filed and left at that.
Sure seemed like some ax grinding going on. Which in a general sense I'm fine with - a little kid was hurt.

I'm just not sure who they were trying to point a finger at. It seemed kind of...pointless in the end. I'm not sure what the prosecutor was trying to get out of it.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:07 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So they suspended Elliott based on hearsay. An account that wasn't credible enough to seek criminal charges but credible enough to warrant a suspension.

Think about that for a minute and then think about this case.
But there is no hearsay in this. It's over. The NFL could suspend, yes. Unlike the Elliot case though, they could very well be suspending Hill for something someone else did. I think the Union would be intervening heavily in this case. If this was just Hill sans the GF then they would have a better case to suspend him.
[Reply]
FringeNC 03:08 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The 5th amendment doesn't apply in a private setting. He could try to plead the 5th and Goodell could simply suspend him for not complying with the investigation.
Of course the 5th doesn't apply in private settings -- that goes without saying. We don't know he pleaded the 5th, and even if did, does Goodell really want to stir the pot by having Hill publicly throw his mom or girlfriend under the bus? That keeps this story in the news!

I have no idea what will happen, but I think it's just as likely the Chiefs cut or trade Hill as it is Goodell gets involved. Goodell's involvement could boomerang for the league -- if the league is convinced he did, do they really come out looking better by handing out a 6-8 game suspension rather than doing nothing? Could be viewed as trivializing the crime. This is uncharted territory here, but I have to believe there have already been massive conversations between the league office, the Chiefs, and Hill.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Sure seemed like some ax grinding going on. Which in a general sense I'm fine with - a little kid was hurt.

I'm just not sure who they were trying to point a finger at. It seemed kind of...pointless in the end. I'm not sure what the prosecutor was trying to get out of it.
Kind of how I feel about it too.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:08 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:

How is disciplining a child in such a way that a person breaks their arm an accident?
staylor going with the "she fell down the stairs" defense, I guess?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:09 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
But there is no hearsay in this. It's over. The NFL could suspend, yes. Unlike the Elliot case though, they could very well be suspending Hill for something someone else did. I think the Union would be intervening heavily in this case. If this was just Hill sans the GF then they would have a better case to suspend him.
And therein lies the entire point.

By the way, there is hearsay here. Somebody tipped of the police and CPS.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:09 PM 04-24-2019
Does a presidential pardon have any sway over NFL player punishment?

Asking for a friend.

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:10 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:

I’m just saying his intentions might not have been to break the kids arm and he might not have done it violently. There are definitely ways this can happen.

Also, it could be an accident that is due to neglect but apparently you don’t understand what that means or something? I’m pretty sure that could still be considered a crime.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:10 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Random allegation? The kids arm was broken you ****ing retard.
I wasn't referring to this case you dickhead.

And on that note, do you know who broke his arm or how it happened?
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:10 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

I think he was trying to make the point that everyone in that house is a piece of shit that does not have the kid's best interests at heart.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:11 PM 04-24-2019
Whether he did it or not, I think we can all assume he knows who did it and the fact that he's unwilling to come forth with that information is enough to suspend him in my book.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:11 PM 04-24-2019
What is going to be frustrating is if the NFL with their mind already made up about what happened. They can request all the information they want but they're probably not going to get anything at all. The records will more than likely be sealed and the NFL will more than likely ask Tyreek what happened and a few other people. It will all be hearsay and he said she said.

I'm sure Roger Goodell will then take the steepest penalty possible to try and save face after every blunder the NFL has had with domestic cases. But, we really have no flippin clue where this is going to go.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:11 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Of course the 5th doesn't apply in private settings -- that goes without saying. We don't know he pleaded the 5th, and even if did, does Goodell really want to stir the pot by having Hill publicly throw his mom or girlfriend under the bus? That keeps this story in the news!

I have no idea what will happen, but I think it's just as likely the Chiefs cut or trade Hill as it is Goodell gets involved. Goodell's involvement could boomerang for the league -- if the league is convinced he did, do they really come out looking better by handing out a 6-8 game suspension rather than doing nothing? Could be viewed as trivializing the crime. This is uncharted territory here, but I have to believe there have already been massive conversations between the league office, the Chiefs, and Hill.
If you're the Chiefs, you think about Hill's expiring contract, the fact that the league might move him to their exempt list while investigating, the fact that he might face suspension after they finish investigating, the fact that the guy has a history and didn't have the sense to avoid this situation even if he is innocent. Cops are being called to his house often, etc. He is still with this woman and the situation is unchanged. He has a pretty high chance of getting in trouble again. A big contract for him is a bad play.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 163
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up